Design Sponge **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since Quarterly Co has it's own forum now, it was suggested that we start a spoiler thread specifically for the Design Sponge box so we can talk freely about it's contents.

So far @@Blonde vixen and @@fancyfarmer have received their boxes with a few variations between the 2..

Wary Meyers Soap in cedarwood & vanilla ( another variation was earth)
Heirloom cutting board (one was mentioned to be a more natural wood color than the dark color shown in the spoiler)
Cotton & Flax coasters (two) similar print as cutting board
Ana striped tapers (two candles) brown & white, six stripes (another variation was black and creme stripped)
Furbish Studio matches (one was described as having an abstract print with black and gold swirls on the package)
Rifle floral composition notebook (said to be really tiny)
Kusmi tea vert rois mages ( A Christmas Blend of the tea was another variation)

I can't wait to see some pictures of actual boxes show up somewhere!! Thank you ladies for sharing your boxes with us!! 

I am so interested in this sub The only thing is that the value seemed a little low to me.  Would love to see pictures of the items. Hope someone has some to share :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm - I know DesignSponge will always pick the cutest products - but I am just not sure about the value here. I live abroad so, since I pay 30$ extra for shipping, the reason to buy this box would be to receive these exclusive things - and I would kinda have to love it all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really thought I was going to like this box until I opened it. This is where my impatience comes in handy. I would have been sorely disappointed if I had opened this on xmas as a gift to myself. Everything in there is lovely, but compared to the PS Holiday box it just doesn't wow me enough to keep it or use it for gifts. Especially when I really want new dishes and $100 would buy 4 place settings. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Does Quarterly realize that this is the last week of Feb?  Design Sponge moved from March to Feb and the theme is color. It's 6th in line for shipping in Feb.

Just received this from Quarterly...

DSQ2.JPG

I really love the fact that she is doing a collaboration with her fav ceramicist (does anyone know who that might be??) since I'm currently going through a ceramics obsession but delayed until May is kind of insane especially considering Quarterly's track record of never getting anything out when they say...it will probably be June before we see the next box.

Just received this from Quarterly...

DSQ2.JPG

I really love the fact that she is doing a collaboration with her fav ceramicist (does anyone know who that might be??) since I'm currently going through a ceramics obsession but delayed until May is kind of insane especially considering Quarterly's track record of never getting anything out when they say...it will probably be June before we see the next box.
well, what is it????

I am having a difficult time responding to this thread. Does anyone know how to switch to mobile version?

The latest from quarterly is that this box will ship next week.  However, that's been their story for the last two weeks so I'm certainly not holding my breath.  So far we know (at least) 4 items that will be in the box which I imagine is the majority of it...

DSQ02.JPG

Fluoro Heart Print from Banquet - $50 (this is for the 50 x 50 cm print, not sure what size will be sent)

Furoshiki Wrapping Cloth from Karen Kimmel Studios - $18 (this is for a set on Etsy, however sounds like quarterly will send 1)

Color wheel cards from Llubav - $12 (for box of 20)

Hand Made Mug from Nicholas Newcomb - $35
I'd say that this box looks pretty good so far.  Love that she's sourced from small businesses and so far I will be able to happily use all of the items.  I just wish Quarterly could learn to keep a deadline.  Wasn't this box originally supposed to ship in March?  Now, it looks like we might see it in June.

Sad news, Grace confirmed that there will be no more Design Sponge Quarterly Boxes...

"Sadly, Quarterly changed their operation policies and we’re not continuing with the series." 

But what makes it even more crappy is that Quarterly is still offering subscriptions for Design Sponge when they must realize this box is no longer happening.

Latest posts

Back