3B Box - Beauty Beyond Borders - Asian Beauty Products *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeeOmega

Zee
Reaction score
So there's a new subscription box on the block, this one focusing on Asian beauty and skincare. It's the 3B Box - Beauty Beyond Borders. The subscription is $12 a month and claims that:

Each box contains a collection of deluxe samples that are new or popular in Asia but hard to get your hands on. The products will change each month, and you’ll get to try new skincare, haircare, nailcare, and cosmetic products. Sample products range from go-to brands such as Lioele, Etude House and Skinfood to high-end premium brands like SK-II, K, and Sulwhasoo. Don’t worry about not being able to read Japanese or Korean – we’ve got you covered with English translations of descriptions in each box.
Think of it like an Asian brand oriented Birchbox or Ipsy. Deluxe sample sizes of various kinds of products and maybe a full size here and there. 

This is the first month of the subscription, so everything is still new and we will see how it goes. I do feel like there are some details lacking from their website that I would like to see, such as when recurring billing occurs. I tend to pay for subscriptions and vendors I'm unfamiliar with (or all too horribly familiar with ) with a prepaid card, so I readily signed up.

I will post my own opinion on the first box (spoiler - I love it!) in another post. While I'm chomping at the bit, I feel like my thoughts are kind of scattered at the moment. 

I'm hoping that @@MissJexie and @ will join us here, as they took some lovely pictures of the first box for their blogs.  :flowers:

Oh hey--thanks for getting this thread going! Yeah, I really liked the box and thought that the sub was totally worth it. I hope that we will bust out into some lesser-known brands (to me at least)--I was most impressed by the K-Palette liner, which was brand new to me. I'm mostly into sub boxes for the "discovery" aspect at this point--I have tons of products lined up ready to be used, so I really want to find new and amazing things, so I'm just a bit nervous about the boxes being almost wholly kbeauty high street brands, due to the responses from other subscribers. But we shall see! I'm in!

oooh fun! 

Yea I really thought the first bag was fantastic! I will share my photo here for anyone interested :D

December's 3B Box:

DSCN3767.JPG

Following this thread so we can chat about the January box! Thanks for creating it :) I tend to go to the asian/korean skincare thread and post everythign there, but it's really good to have separate places to talk about subs!

Oh hey--thanks for getting this thread going! Yeah, I really liked the box and thought that the sub was totally worth it. I hope that we will bust out into some lesser-known brands (to me at least)--I was most impressed by the K-Palette liner, which was brand new to me. I'm mostly into sub boxes for the "discovery" aspect at this point--I have tons of products lined up ready to be used, so I really want to find new and amazing things, so I'm just a bit nervous about the boxes being almost wholly kbeauty high street brands, due to the responses from other subscribers. But we shall see! I'm in!
Oof, yea I hope it doesn't turn into that. I love the discovery aspect and was also really happy to see that Japanese liner in there. The only other liquid liner I've ever tried was that sample of KVD's Trooper that Sephora sent out, and I like the K-Palette one heaps more. I think I saw that some people were disappointed in the inclusion of beauty items in the box, but the mix of skincare and beauty is what I love. 

So quick overview on my opinion, since I'm finishing up getting ready to have family over. 

For reference, I think all the boxes are the same as the one posted above.

I was curious about getting the 3B Box when I first heard about it and had no idea what to expect really. A few days after ordering, I saw a review on Reddit of someone who had already received theirs and I became a bit nervous about liking it. I'm always hesitant about items with any  kind of fragrance due to sensitivities (skin, asthma, migraines). The day I got it, I was super wiped out and couldn't really process what I had gotten, which was promptly followed by my having to clean up after a sick cat, so I shoved it all in a drawer.

Herb Cleansing Tissues - When I first saw these, I made this face:  :unsure:  I hadn't liked other cleansing wipes in the past and these had a scent to boot. I figured I'd use them just to wipe down my brushes between cleaning. Well, one day I decided to just go for it and deal with whatever potential break out happens. I'm so glad I tried these! The scent is light and pleasant and my skin looked and felt great afterwards. The quality of the tissues themselves were nice and they took everything off. I still double washed afterwards, but it's definitely a great option to that extra bit of makeup removal or early removal when I don't want to do the full routine until later. I think I have a FaceShop a few miles from me, so I might pick up more later.

Etude House Moistful - These products were also an initial concern for me due to the scent, but they are quite light and pleasant. Also, I had no idea that gel toners were a thing! I quite like how this one feels. Now I'm curious about other gel toners. I'm highly indifferent towards the lotion. I'm not really noticing any difference with it. 

K-Palette Liquid Liner - I really like this liner. Ok, I'm kind of terrible at applying it, but I usually only use gel liner with an angled brush, so it's to be expected. The first time I tried it, I applied it on my bare lids and it was soon worn off. Not a big surprise with my oily lids, though. When I applied it after my usual eye makeup (primer and shadows) it stayed on all day. Now I'm wondering what other great Japanese makeup I missed out on during my years there.

Nature Republic Nail Polish - This was another uncertain item for me when I first saw it. My last experience with a nail polish in a sub was a horribly runny ColorClub in BirchBox. My expectations were low. Also, the color made me go 'ummmm....' But I gave it a go and kinda love it. The formula is nice and the color is actually really fun.

Nails under the spoiler for size. I have an incredibly opaque visible nail line, which you can see through the gel polish.

Nature Republic Nails.jpg 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@ZeeOmega I bet that was my review you read where I said I hated the scent of the towelettes!  I do but love the scent of the moistfull stuff.

I'm lucky bec I live so close, I get my bag the day after it ships.  I'm pretty happy with it and am really excited to see how it goes.  

Come on, January! 

I am on the 3B waitlist. Any idea how long that is?
No idea since this is only their second month. My guess would be that you'll get next months bag.  However, they do ship all through the month so who knows.

They never asked for a credit card yet. I did email CS to ask how long the WL was. 

While I'm sure it's frustrating for those on the waitlist, I like that there is one. It suggests that they don't want to risk biting off more than they can handle, which I think some new subs trip up on in their desire to take on as many subscribers as possible. 

@ I haven't been billed yet for this month, so fingers crossed for you that maybe you can get squeezed in if someone changes their mind! Or that they find they are able to expand the service. 

Did anyone see their picture on facebook for the January bags?

10923479_763870080363230_6480805767857747311_n.jpg

I definitely see a Laneige product in a blue container of some sort, and clearly a lip gloss. Top of the label looks like it could potentially be Skinfood, although that tube shape is so common it could be anything.

What do you think? I'm pretty excited. It won't be hard to please me for $12 a month/free shipping. I'm just happy there's an ipsy/birchbox priced kbeauty sub out there finally! :)

Did anyone see their picture on facebook for the January bags?

10923479_763870080363230_6480805767857747311_n.jpg

I definitely see a Laneige product in a blue container of some sort, and clearly a lip gloss. Top of the label looks like it could potentially be Skinfood, although that tube shape is so common it could be anything.

What do you think? I'm pretty excited. It won't be hard to please me for $12 a month/free shipping. I'm just happy there's an ipsy/birchbox priced kbeauty sub out there finally! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just hope I can get in on it for january!! I am pretty excited too - and I am on waitlist - hahaha

Oo I thought the laneige product was the snowberry lip gloss but I see the blue box now!  Eeee!!  I feel like I should go check my mail box... what if its here because they shipped yesterday?

Maybe they shipped today and I'll have it tomorrow *big eyes*

plonking myself into the thread ,as I've signed up and they emailing me some more info so i can post for uk and europeans, ,awaits emails and box spoilers,

Hiding from this thread until I receive mine. Going to try to go unspoiled this time. Eek! So excited. I hope mine arrives soon!

I can post what's in it under spoilers if anyone wants to know :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I don't want to ruin it for anyone!
Please do!  I just put myself on the waitlist this past weekend, and I keep hoping that they'll end up with extras from January.  I don't know if I want to know what I might be missing or not...but I want to see anyway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back