Brands you never wanted to buy, but now do/like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@nailenvyuser Why didn't you want to like Benefit? Just curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

as for me, I don't want to like LimeCrime bc I've read a lot of bad things about their business practices, etc. (plus i find Doe Deere a tad obnoxious), but the Venus palette looks gorgeous and there is a high chance I'll give in someday

Nail polish ones for me- Essie, RGB, and Deborah Lippmann. I don't know why I was turned off from them, but now I have some from each. Oh well, more polish for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried all the brands in my late teens/early 20's. I stopped using Clinique/Lancome/Estee Lauder because they all seemed outdated to me, but I've refound loves at each. 

IT Cosmetics; I saw them and thought they were really expensive for the products they were selling, and didn't see anything that really "wow'd" me. It wasn't until I saw it's outbreak of popularity on YouTube that I decided to give them a try. Now it's one of my favorite brands!

For me it would be all "high end" brands, ie brands you would find at Sephora - Benefit, Hourglass, Nars, etc. I used to be vehemently against buying high end because I thought no one could tell if you're wearing drugstore or high end makeup once it's on your face. As I've gotten much better at finding bargains and sales, high end makeup costs about the same as drugstore makeup, and now I wear high end exclusively!

The one brand I still can't get into is MAC, probably because there's never a great deal on these products and lots of the shades at dupe-able. 

i used to hate cover girl, it was so old lady! now they've updated their packaging & style....it attracts younger now! (like their lip lavas are so cool!) other than that, i pretty much liked everything else.

I tried all the brands in my late teens/early 20's. I stopped using Clinique/Lancome/Estee Lauder because they all seemed outdated to me, but I've refound loves at each. 
I am curious what Lisa Eldrigde is going to do with Lancome now.

Yes it will be really interesting to see about Lisa Eldrigde and how that will change Lancome. I never really used Lancome other than tried a few of their products in my 20s but haven't really used them since. If they change things around, I might want to try some of their stuff.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  I used to stay away from Estee Lauder thinking it was old lady like but have grown to really like their products and some have become my HG such as their mascara. I like their lipsticks as well.

Yes it will be really interesting to see about Lisa Eldrigde and how that will change Lancome. I never really used Lancome other than tried a few of their products in my 20s but haven't really used them since. If they change things around, I might want to try some of their stuff.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I used to stay away from Estee Lauder thinking it was old lady like but have grown to really like their products and some have become my HG such as their mascara. I like their lipsticks as well.
Double Wear is a classic I love still and the Mac Makeup Pump made the bottle usable. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used Double Wear for a wedding I attended and loved it. Held up all day and looked great. I forgot about it until now that you mentioned it. Thanks for the reminder. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Back