Glossybox January 2015 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sat out for the Dec box (unless you count getting my November box on Dec 20), but I have enough dots for a free box.  I rec'd the email about the 20% promo, but it expires 31 Dec and I don't want to sub for a Dec box.  

C'mon January -- make me spend my dots (not my dollars)!

I'm not including GB in my no/low buy 100 days, since it's one of my 'regular' subs.  I am not taking on any new subs.  Considering I had 14 at one point, I think I'm pretty good with 5/6 and two quarterlies.

I sat out for the Dec box (unless you count getting my November box on Dec 20), but I have enough dots for a free box.  I rec'd the email about the 20% promo, but it expires 31 Dec and I don't want to sub for a Dec box.  

C'mon January -- make me spend my dots (not my dollars)!

I'm not including GB in my no/low buy 100 days, since it's one of my 'regular' subs.  I am not taking on any new subs.  Considering I had 14 at one point, I think I'm pretty good with 5/6 and two quarterlies.
Whoa...  Bet you have a ton of extra stuff socked away.  You know you could have bought the Ru la La deal back at the end of Nov.  You would have had until February 22, 2015 to use that.  Unfortunately though, the most we could get was a 6 month sub.

Anyways, I am looking forward to our next box.  Is it me, or are all the subs slow with the spoilers  for Jan?

Whoa...  Bet you have a ton of extra stuff socked away.  You know you could have bought the Ru la La deal back at the end of Nov.  You would have had until February 22, 2015 to use that.  Unfortunately though, the most we could get was a 6 month sub.

Anyways, I am looking forward to our next box.  Is it me, or are all the subs slow with the spoilers  for Jan?
I have a decent stash, lol.

I'm not sure why I didn't pick up the RueLaLa deal.  *shrug*  There will always be another deal/promo/etc., so I'm not too concerned.

I think part of my hesitation is the fact that now that I've been introduced to a lot of things/brand I prefer to explore those for awhile, rather than take in more random stuff.

First spoiler ! :D

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 1.58.13 PM.png 

I'm not excited by the spoiler, but I am looking forward to seeing the other two spoilers. I wonder if they will all be smaller sizes. I feel a bit spoiled by the December box having large sizes. 

Also I have my glossy dots to redeem and I love skincare but not sure if I want to redeem them on this.

Quick question for you ladies:  If I use my RueLaLa code today will I get the January box as my 1st box? I don't really want to get December again...

Thanks for your help!  :sdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get January.  Even though there are no pictures, they are advertising January 2015 on their website.

I like cleansers so, this is a good spoiler for me.

You will get January.  Even though there are no pictures, they are advertising January 2015 on their website.

I like cleansers so, this is a good spoiler for me.
Thanks for the reply, kookymama.  So, I dutifully started up my new Rue La La 6 month sub today without incident....... and then a few hours later they billed me for January on my monthly sub that I had canceled in time for December to be my last box.  So, I sent a message to customer service and, hopefully, I will get it sorted out next week.  I had timed everything so I would NOT overlap the boxes. *sigh*  :wacko2:   Luckily, it was with Paypal so I can always refute it if it gets to that point.

@@girlnamedpete -  I found the Rue La La coupon easy to use too.  I was somewhat nervous about purchasing it so was happy all went well. That stinks that they charged you on your other sub. I am sure it will get straightened out. 

I have a 3 month sub which I started in December. So, I think I need to cancel by February 15th to avoid a March billing for another 3 months.  I hope I remember and that it goes smoothly.

@@girlnamedpete -  I found the Rue La La coupon easy to use too.  I was somewhat nervous about purchasing it so was happy all went well. That stinks that they charged you on your other sub. I am sure it will get straightened out. 

I have a 3 month sub which I started in December. So, I think I need to cancel by February 15th to avoid a March billing for another 3 months.  I hope I remember and that it goes smoothly.
I just realized I took a screen shot of the "sorry to see you go" message I rec'd when I canceled and it is dated 11/26.  Yay!  If I get any pushback I have proof. Being type A definitely pays off sometimes!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

First spoiler ! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still have my Vichy face cream from I can't remember when... so will use those together...

...after I' get through the Caudalie delux Preimer Cru cream, eye cream & serum set, plus the gabillion tubes of Origins and the Kiehls...

I sock away my extras in a clear bin at the back of the fridge so they stay fresh longer and when another same branded product comes in I'll put those into rotation.  

I wish my boxes (CO to DC move) would get here already!  Am living off 2 tiny test tubs of Shisaido and Clarin from Sephora and redeemed 100 points for a wee tube of Philosophy'a Back to Nature.  I also got some Tom Ford and Nest frag testers.  Am tempted to buy but I have soooooo much of nearly everything, at least a 4 to 8 months worth of inventory.  Need to join @ 100 day no/low buy possie.

Something happens when one has little expandible income, the GWP with no minimum purchase really suck me in.  My little stash likely runs close to that of any well-heeled 5th Avenue denizen, except mine are all in 'deluxe' sizes in the forms of GWP.  Am such 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' with make-up and beauty products.

But I really want to buy Juice Beauty's Stem Cellular set on both their and BIrchbox website for $125.  That stuff is great!  It lightens my sun/age/life spots and kept them all looking no denser then the freckles I've always have.  Face tingles a little too and feels lively????  Like it that there are no 'cone'!!  Okay I need to take this to the enabler's thread....

Back to BirchBox, the Nuxe face cream wasn't for me from last month, got one from beauty or drugstore .com as a GWP and it irritated my sking and nose.  

Am excited to see what else is in the box.  

I just realized I took a screen shot of the "sorry to see you go" message I rec'd when I canceled and it is dated 11/26.  Yay!  If I get any pushback I have proof. Being type A definitely pays off sometimes!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Shockingly, I got a refund yesterday (SUNDAY!) and an email saying the monthly is canceled (again).  Whew!  I was bracing myself for a fight! *LOL*  :bringiton:

Hi all,

Just  got an email with a pretty enticing deal for signing up for a 6-month or 12-month sub. (Apologies in advance if the images don't load properly- never added images to a post before).

unnamed.jpg

Also, is this the second spoiler for the January box?

unnamed1.jpg

ETA: can someone give me pointers on how to do a proper spoiler tag because it appears that my attempt failed miserably :(

Hmmm....that's cool, Kueshi is a toner. I don't think I've ever received a toner in a sub box before. This is a first!

At first i thought it was another face wash by the name but I am happy to see a toner. Maybe the last spoiler will be a purifying type mask.

Latest posts

Back