lauradiniwilk

Quarterly Co. Bianca Jade / Mizzfit **SPOILERS**

Oh, man.  That was harder to read than expected (but only because I have gotten to know Bianca a little bit - otherwise I would be chuckling right there with you).  I'm surprised Bianca got heated, she usually handles controversy with grace.  But I was just talking with another curator (not a quarterly one) and she was telling me that she was shocked by how many bloggers demand free stuff and get really nasty when the curator isn't able to deliver or asks for any kind of blog analytics.  So it could just be the straw that broke the camel's back. 

I'm curious about how other bloggers feel about IG marketing.  Just the other day I bought a product from someone who clearly found my picture by checking out the rosacea hashtag.  Instead of commenting asking me to buy her product, she just left a sweet comment, something along the lines of "most people would kill for that pretty flush".  When I clicked on her account I saw what she was selling, it was something I was interested in, and I bought it.  Even though I do blog (occasionally haha) and get sent a decent amount of free stuff, I didn't request/demand a sample or a discount, I just bought it and let her know.  I'm probably going to at least IG and tweet about it if I like it.  Because yay women business owners and yay marketing in a completely non-obnoxious manner. I don't think Bianca's original post was obnoxious, but I would be less likely to bite than in the example I gave.

The worst / most obnoxious pitches are those emails with nothing in it for you whatsoever but they want you to blog about, for example, a time you were in a situation that made you sweat (brought to you by DeodorantCompany).  I call those ones blog homework, haha. 

Edited by lauradiniwilk
  • Like 1

here is the drama link:

http://hellosubscription.com/mizzfit-miz08/

I had a chuckle.

Woooow.   I don't blame her for putting the blogger in her place.  It did feel a little like there was a "give me some freebies" going on.  And I'm sure that approach gets tiring to hear.  

EDITED: however, the blogger certainly has a one-sided slant in the bottom (and in the comments). I will refrain. 

Edited by boxesandboxes

I wasn't quite sure what to think. First when I read it, I got the feeling like she was looking for a freebie but when I read it the second time it didn't come across as much being a freebie thing. I think there is little bit to blame on both sizes of the exchange. I don't think it paints either one of them in the best light. I'm sure she is tired of being asked for free boxes but granted she was the one who approached the blogger about her box. Maybe the blogger just misunderstood it to be a freebie. Not sure.  :) I think it could have been handled differently though.

• Like 1

It struck me as a bit off-putting (especially because it was published to shame Bianca rather than let it just go as an exchange between them): she said "contact me. they have my email for box reviews", Bianca said "they are for sale only, sadly", she totally ignored that and pointedly stated - again - (in what seems pretty arrogantly)  - to have them email if she wants one reviewed.  I personally wouldn't want someone to respond to me like that.  And I live in New York City - where everyone is abrupt.   This was a little much. 

• Like 1

It struck me as a bit off-putting (especially because it was published to shame Bianca rather than let it just go as an exchange between them): she said "contact me. they have my email for box reviews", Bianca said "they are for sale only, sadly", she totally ignored that and pointedly stated - again - (in what seems pretty arrogantly)  - to have them email if she wants one reviewed.  I personally wouldn't want someone to respond to me like that.  And I live in New York City - where everyone is abrupt.   This was a little much. 

I agree. It could have been handled differently.

Hmm. Bianca's reaction surprises me, but it was better than mine. That blogger has no shame though in posting the exchange. It doesn't make her look good and I certainly won't be reading her site. 

• Like 3

Hmm. Bianca's reaction surprises me, but it was better than mine. That blogger has no shame though in posting the exchange. It doesn't make her look good and I certainly won't be reading her site. 

That's a great point, publishing the exchange wasn't the best thing to do even though some people probably read the exchange on IG. Why post it though for any other reason than wanting to paint Bianca in a bad light?? Which in turn doesn't look good on the blogger.

• Like 1

Publishing the conversation definitely wasn't the best. But telling the blogger that she has a mediocre blog was nothing except rude. It really just made them both come off badly. I had been debating this box but this whole this just turned me off a little bit.

Oh well, I really didn't need any more sub boxes anyway.

• Like 1

It sounds like a misunderstanding on both sides to me. The blogger thought Bianca was requesting a review and gave her the info for the proper way to do it. Bianca was just suggesting her box and then thought the blogger was asking for a freebie. I think both sides got a little heated (as things do online, since you can't read emotions properly in text). They both could have said things differently, but I don't think either side was especially bad. I think the worst part was the blogger posting the conversation afterwards. Yes, it was held on a public Instagram, but still. You wouldn't like someone to take one of your conversations and broadcasting it. Not cool. :/

• Like 5

Well, I just cancelled. I have a few trips planned August/September and I don't have time to be babysitting this box:( I was hoping it would be shipped this week, but I haven't even been charged yet. Sigh, looks like a good box.

I think they ship UPS and they're kind of a pain to put a vacation hold on :angry:

Well, I just cancelled. I have a few trips planned August/September and I don't have time to be babysitting this box:( I was hoping it would be shipped this week, but I haven't even been charged yet. Sigh, looks like a good box.

I think they ship UPS and they're kind of a pain to put a vacation hold on :angry:

don't blame you for cancelling. :( such a bummer you didn't get the box on time for your travels.

Hopefully everybody that stay subscribed gets their boxes soon. I also had to cancel and asked Bianca about possibly getting a box since they hadn't shipped yet. I was told they were shipping on Monday (yesterday). 

• Like 1

cool! i was charged last week. Looking forward to it.  I likely will end up trading the watch away... so people may get what they wanted if did cancel.

excited about her box.  she is a very passionate person who is looking out for the wellness of other. nice position in life.  

• Like 1

I canceled too! I was away for 6 weeks and didn't want one more box sitting in the heat on my porch. Plus it was supposed to have gloves which I already have one pair and never use. It ended with no gloves, and really beautiful shade of nail polish (Bianca's Fb picture), sheet mask, useful hair stuff etc... I think it will be a great box.

• Like 2

My box is here... 

afra facial sunscreen
Jaffa After sun cooling lotion
Shred 415 ankle band and one time class rental good through 9/1
Pathology illuminate mask
Spa ritual polish in mindful
spa ritual top coat
Kore: The Multi tasker
The Ground table sampler 3 spices... salsa, cinnamon, all purpose
3 months of salted
level life chocolate shake
Winky designs watch
2 hammer gels (raspberry)
Glide for her
velvet voucher for $75

I'll try to post a pic later

Edited by s112095
  • Like 3

mine too! i'm surprised at how much I like the watch. guess will be keeping it :)  watch is white.  don't know if there are diff colors sent.

I can add photos but don't know how to hide them on laptop (no spoilers when uploading attachments). :/

post-94013-0-29812200-1438460446_thumb.jpg

post-94013-0-56407300-1438460475_thumb.jpg

Edited by boxesandboxes
  • Like 4

What is the ankle band? I actually like the watch, it looks much nicer than the spoiler made it look. Other than that, it doesn't seem like I missed too much (for my personal use anyway). 

Thanks for sharing. :)

Edited by Valerie1984