lauradiniwilk

Quarterly Co. Hitha on the Go **SPOILERS**

A recovering overpacker and seasoned world traveler, Hitha teaches women how to travel in style with only a carry-on. Each box features must-pack items and a guide to a packing problem area.

From Hitha's Facebook page:

Let's talk ‪#‎HGQ04‬. I can tell you that...

1) It addresses the very painful task of packing your toiletries

2) It contains 5 PHYSICAL products, 1 digital product, and a discount code

3) The value of the box is over $70

4) Every product will make you look AMAZING - even after a red-eye from hell.

Gotta say it doesn't really overwhelm me and now with Quarterly's no return policy, I may just cancel.

Gotta say it doesn't really overwhelm me and now with Quarterly's no return policy, I may just cancel.

I could use a smart toiletry kit solution but I just got a new bag that really works well for me.  Still, I'd consider it but I wish the value was higher.  

Did anyone get that gold & white shoe bag from a previous Hitha On the Go box?  It's currently in the Best of Quarterly section and has been for a long time.  

It's very pretty and I could use a shoe bage but I'm curious if it really holds 3 pairs of shoes like the write up says.  Anyone know?

Did anyone get that gold & white shoe bag from a previous Hitha On the Go box?  It's currently in the Best of Quarterly section and has been for a long time.  

It's very pretty and I could use a shoe bage but I'm curious if it really holds 3 pairs of shoes like the write up says.  Anyone know?

i ordered the box - be careful- they SHOW the gold one (pretty) but in all likelihood you won't get that one.  I got 2 other colors (sent them back each time). they told me they ran out of the gold.

• Like 1

Mine was purple/blue tone. I think it hold more like 2 pairs vs three, unless they are using flip flops as third pair.

• Like 1

I agree, does not hold three pairs unless two are ballerina flats. Lol. More like 2 pairs. I received the pink/fuschia/blue Miami Vice-like print, not the lovely gold and.white, so beware....

• Like 2

if you go on youtube and search #hgq01, you can see her unboxing video with one of the other patterns (not very pretty, IMO)

• Like 2

I unsubscribed after the last box but thought I'd share... The American Edit tweeted "rumor has it that my pals @SWBasicsofBK & @HithaPalepu put something together to help you survive a redeye."

Edited by gcc69
  • Like 1

The Hitha box with the shoe bag just got marked down to $25 ea on Best of Quarterly.  I picked up 2, because I must be nuts, in an efforts to up my odds that I'll get one I like.  I'm really not that fussy.  I like 3 of the 5 patterns currently available.  I also picked up the Book Riot box with the romance novel and playing cards.  

I think I'm the only one subbed to the Hitha quarterly box now that the Fathom box was added.  It shipped last week and should arrive by tomorrow.  

I've dropped the Fathom box because of the high price ($100) and my low interest in the spoiler.  

• Like 1

I think I'm the only one subbed to the Hitha quarterly box now that the Fathom box was added.  It shipped last week and should arrive by tomorrow.  

I've dropped the Fathom box because of the high price ($100) and my low interest in the spoiler.  

Hope you get something great!  It would be terrific if she included a Truffle pouch for you guys. Love those. 

• Like 1

I just received the Hitha on the Go quarterly box and it's really disappointing. I was expecting so much more and subsequently cancelled my subscription and I sent quarterly an email telling them why. I think this box is worth $25 if it becomes available as a best of quarterly box but for $50? It's nothing special. Since this post said spoilers I'm going to let you know what is in it and I hope the people who signed up for the fathom box get a much better box. It won't be hard. It looks like the value of this box is only $51.

Flight 001 F1 X-ray Quart Bag (it's nice but I found it for $14 on multiple websites and why couldn't containers be included?)

Mini SW Basics Toner, Exfoliant and a Cotton Round (worth $12 each and ? for a cotton round)

Serge Normant Dry Shampoo ($15 plus I already have one from another beauty box)

and guess what?? That's it!!! Oh, a how to pack toiletries guide is included and will be sent to your email address. 

So like I said, I cancelled my next box because when I opened this box it looked completely empty and I'm sad quarterly no longer takes returns because this box would have gone back for sure. It seemed like Hitha only tried to reach the $50 mark so if that's the case, I think it wise for people to just wait and see what the boxes are about and get the items themselves if they want them.

• Like 1

I just received the Hitha on the Go quarterly box and it's really disappointing. I was expecting so much more and subsequently cancelled my subscription and I sent quarterly an email telling them why. I think this box is worth $25 if it becomes available as a best of quarterly box but for $50? It's nothing special. Since this post said spoilers I'm going to let you know what is in it and I hope the people who signed up for the fathom box get a much better box. It won't be hard. It looks like the value of this box is only $51.

Flight 001 F1 X-ray Quart Bag (it's nice but I found it for $14 on multiple websites and why couldn't containers be included?)

Mini SW Basics Toner, Exfoliant and a Cotton Round (worth $12 each and ? for a cotton round)

and guess what?? That's it!!! Oh, a how to pack toiletries guide is included and will be sent to your email address. 

So like I said, I cancelled my next box because when I opened this box it looked completely empty and I'm sad quarterly no longer takes returns because this box would have gone back for sure. It seemed like Hitha only tried to reach the $50 mark so if that's the case, I think it wise for people to just wait and see what the boxes are about and get the items themselves if they want them.

NO WAY!  Ugh,  She's the worst.  I saw that after her first mailing when she kept saying it was over $100 (like her packing guides as supposed to be like $25 value or something). And how she's always going on and on via her blog on how ambitious she is and self-promoting. I only learned of her via quarterly - and subsequently checked out of bothering with her.

I'm so sorry to see this.  It isn't a good box on any capacity. I would say $25 best of would be stretching it.   Push for them to return that crap. 

• Like 2

I think she won't be a curator much longer. Her boxes have never been that good regarding value or number of items. I think now that people can't return them, they'll just unsubscribe until there's none left/they decide to let her go. Really, I'm not sure how she's hung in this long. Her boxes are bad. I'm sorry @@Blonde vixen, really sucks to be out the money on this one.

• Like 2

This is very disappointing.  I'm dropping Quarterly subs left and right.  I'm still up for Fathom but plan to drop that too if the spoilers don't start to look better.

My box was delivered and I must amend my comment a bit.  The $14 Quart bag is nice! Mine is a sheer dark purple which helps keep  your toiletries a bit more private.  I never would have gone out and searched for this bag myself but now that I have it, I'm quite happy.

The toner and exfoliant aren't anything special to me.  I like the reusable cotton round.  It's not at all what I was expecting.  

The last item is the dry shampoo.  I have so much of this stuff that I could fumigate my house so I don't need it, wouldn't have bought it.  However, I do like the scent.  It doesn't make me sneeze or cause my eyes to itch like some brands do.  Happy to have it.

The code is 20% off at www.3floz.com.  Meh.

Not worth $50 to me but not a complete fail.

Edited by Mermaid35

Wow, I am so sorry. That is pretty terrible. I dropped her box after the Doppkit. I really don't think she has any "pull", like Nina Garcia for example. and I think it is gutsy to put a value on a packing guide. Honestly, i think I have better travel hacks....Thank you for sharing the items.

• Like 2

and I think it is gutsy to put a value on a packing guide. Honestly, i think I have better travel hacks....Thank you for sharing the items.

we all do!  she's traveled overseas (possibly) once a year - and on some business trips - and calls herself an "expert".  and yes, she charges for these BS "guides".  try traveling on your own - multiple countries - then maybe someone can gain some credibility.  hope they don't pay her to "curate" these boxes. 

• Like 1

My box was delivered and I must amend my comment a bit.  The $14 Quart bag is nice! Mine is a sheer dark purple which helps keep  your toiletries a bit more private.  I never would have gone out and searched for this bag myself but now that I have it, I'm quite happy.

F1 has great matching document holder (own it - and love it - for my flight info). TSA has even commented on mine.  and luggage tags.  quite reasonable. 

• Like 1

I'll give her credit for sticking to the theme, plus I love SW Basics. Still I would be very upset if I received this box. I can see paying $25.00, but not $50.00. We all know that beauty products have a markup and that both brands have been in sub boxes before. I would think she could hit $75.00 with that advantage.

• Like 1

I'll give her credit for sticking to the theme, plus I love SW Basics. Still I would be very upset if I received this box. I can see paying $25.00, but not $50.00. We all know that beauty products have a markup and that both brands have been in sub boxes before. I would think she could hit $75.00 with that advantage.

she's had 4 boxes (I believe or maybe 5) and none have really been great.  she's not good at this. i'm surprised she's lasted this long!

MSA just posted her review of HGQ04--glad I didn't get it... You just don't get your money's worth. The Fathom spoilers have also not tempted me to subscribe...