lauradiniwilk

Quarterly Co. Wil Wheaton **SPOILERS**

Starting with my childhood and working towards present day, each box will represent a decade of memories, moments, and the objects that defined them.

I just subscribed to this and I'm so excited!!! Any guesses on what 70's items will be included?  I will be kind of bummed if it's just silly putty, slinkies, etc. because my kids already have those things.  Maybe one of those Atari controllers that plugs right into the tv, like this? http://www.amazon.com/TV-Games-03564-Atari-Game/dp/B0028RZ7O2

According to MSA, the first Wil box will include a vintage 70's action figure.  Star Wars, maybe?

Am I the only one who subscribed to this?  I am wondering if I should cancel and wait for more spoilers or if I should stick with it. 

According to MSA, the first Wil box will include a vintage 70's action figure.  Star Wars, maybe?

Am I the only one who subscribed to this?  I am wondering if I should cancel and wait for more spoilers or if I should stick with it. 

My husband's getting it. There's a waitlist now so if you unsubscribe, you can't count on getting the box.

I signed up for this one too, looking forward to it! I like Wil Wheaton and I think he's going to put together a great first box!

Even though it pained me to do it for fear I'd miss out on some great stuff, I unsubscribed to this box. I'm trying to spend more wisely and, without the option to return, I had to sit this box out. I've limited myself to 3 Quarterly boxes: Nina Garcia, Rosario Dawson and Fathom. Still looking forward to seeing what fun stuff will be in Wil's box!

I unsubbed from this and Arianna's, and then ended up re-subbing to Arianna because I'm a sucker, haha.  So I get Nina Garcia, Bianca Jade, and Arianna Huffington.  I feel like the Wil box would have been perfect for me IN THEORY, but in reality I would rather spend $100 on other things. 

(Cut to me sobbing later this month about how the box is amazing and I super regret cancelling)

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten billed or shipping notification yet? Someone asked on the quarterly FB page when this would bill/ship and they said they'd be billing last week. My husband subscribed to this but he doesn't check his email much much less look at his credit card statement! I am so curious!!! Can't wait to get this!

@@gcc69 I was the one who asked!  I just checked my checking account online & still no charge.  I've never bought anything from Quarterly, but from what I've gathered, their shipping/billing is frequently later than they say it'll be.  I asked b/c I wanted to find out some spoilers so I could decide whether to cancel.  This box really isn't in my budget right now, but something is telling me it's gonna be good...I hope I'm right!

@@gcc69 I was the one who asked!  I just checked my checking account online & still no charge.  I've never bought anything from Quarterly, but from what I've gathered, their shipping/billing is frequently later than they say it'll be.  I asked b/c I wanted to find out some spoilers so I could decide whether to cancel.  This box really isn't in my budget right now, but something is telling me it's gonna be good...I hope I'm right!

Ugh! Yes, I think that quaterly never ships when they say! I am counting on Wil to make this worth it!

Haha, I saw your post on FB too! I have been looking everywhere in hopes of more information! Quarterly usually does run behind on when they bill/ship. Even though Feb. isn't over yet, I would be very surprised if it ships this month. This box has me SOOO ANXIOUS! I wish that they would just bill and ship already so that I could quit second guessing it! I know that there was a "spoiler", but it was more of a hint because it was still kind of vague. $100 is a pretty big risk when we're not totally sure what we're getting. 

Well...I cancelled my box yesterday.  I just got really annoyed that (a) it's obviously not going to ship until March, and (B) they've barely mentioned the box & only gave one half-spoiler.  Honestly, I just don't trust this company to deliver anything awesome for my $100.  I don't even really have $100 to spend on this right now, but I was going to just buy it anyway b/c I was that excited about it.  Plus I'm really not someone who likes to keep a lot of stuff, so if there are no spoilers then I'm just setting myself up to get a lot of potentially useless stuff (but that's the nature of the beast)  Quarterly's crappy shipping killed my excitement & now I don't want to give them my business.  Hopefully I won't be missing out on anything too awesome.  I just keep telling myself if there's anything in the box that I end up dying to try, I'll just buy it w/my tax return $$ as a belated birthday gift.  

I hope all of you get your boxes soon!!!  I'll just be lurking the thread until someone posts pictures of an unboxing so I can see what I missed.

• Like 1

Woo! I just got an invoice receipt in my e-mail. :D Since it's dated 2/28, that means I would get free shipping on the next box, since it would be the first one after the shipping changes take place in March, right? I hope so. I can't wait to see what's in this box. I'm so excited!  :D

Woo! I just got an invoice receipt in my e-mail. :D Since it's dated 2/28, that means I would get free shipping on the next box, since it would be the first one after the shipping changes take place in March, right? I hope so. I can't wait to see what's in this box. I'm so excited!   :D

My husband just got the email too -- I assume too that means if we stick with the sub, we will get the loyalty shipping credit for next box in May or June.

I think your current box counts as your free shipping box, since it was your "next" box.

"As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box."

Let us know what you get! I didn't subscribe, but I'm super anxious to see what's in there! :)

I think your current box counts as your free shipping box, since it was your "next" box.

"As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box."

Let us know what you get! I didn't subscribe, but I'm super anxious to see what's in there! :)

The whole thing was:

"As of March 1, 2015, we will start charging a flat rate US shipping fee  of $5 for our $50 and $75 subscriptions and $8 for our $100 subscriptions. International shipping rates will remain the same. 

As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box. If you've been waiting to try out a new curator, take advantage of our free shipping one last time and subscribe before March 1st."

The Wil Wheaton box is a Feb. box and was charged in Feb.; March 1st was the start of the new shipping charge. There was no shipping charge or loyalty shipping credit on the invoice.

Edited by gcc69
  • Like 1

It's been shipped! I can't wait! :D

Edited by Jasujo
  • Like 1

It's been shipped! I can't wait! :D

We did too!!

ETA: Friday

Edited by gcc69

We did too!!

ETA: Friday

The day after I wrote that, the tracking changed to a Monday delivery. I think however it'll arrive tomorrow... (Sat.)

It arrived... Reminder, it had a 70s theme:

• LittleBits electronic base kit – retails for $99 http://littlebits.cc/kits/base-kit (my husband seemed amused and happy with it...
  • $20 code towards a LittleBits kit, which expires already on 3/15/15 :-(
  • Six bubble gum cards (no gum) – we got Star Wars, which I collected in the 70s so it was kind of amusing to see these again
  • Action figure from the 70s – we got Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1963&img=2 (original, used figure, missing the gun)
  • Radio Free Burrito poster

Edited by gcc69
  • Like 1

BTW, we have an $8 credit on his account towards the shipping of the next box. In Wil Wheaton's letter, it says he's doing four boxes.

@@gcc69 Thank you for posting! I've been curious. It's an interesting assortment of items.

Sounds like we're sticking around for the May/80s box, esp since we have the $8 loyalty shipping credit.

We're about the same age as Wil, so the 70s box was nostalgic for us -- although it was way more fitting for my husband than for me due to the big ticket item, which didn't interest me at all. As a kid, he had the Radio Shack '150 in 1 Electronic Project Kit,' which influenced an interest in computers and electonics, so the curation and theme of the box made sense to him.

I'd be curious to see what others got in their 70s box!