Quarterly Co. Wil Wheaton **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting with my childhood and working towards present day, each box will represent a decade of memories, moments, and the objects that defined them.

According to MSA, the first Wil box will include a vintage 70's action figure.  Star Wars, maybe?

Am I the only one who subscribed to this?  I am wondering if I should cancel and wait for more spoilers or if I should stick with it. 

According to MSA, the first Wil box will include a vintage 70's action figure.  Star Wars, maybe?

Am I the only one who subscribed to this?  I am wondering if I should cancel and wait for more spoilers or if I should stick with it. 
My husband's getting it. There's a waitlist now so if you unsubscribe, you can't count on getting the box.

I signed up for this one too, looking forward to it! I like Wil Wheaton and I think he's going to put together a great first box!

Even though it pained me to do it for fear I'd miss out on some great stuff, I unsubscribed to this box. I'm trying to spend more wisely and, without the option to return, I had to sit this box out. I've limited myself to 3 Quarterly boxes: Nina Garcia, Rosario Dawson and Fathom. Still looking forward to seeing what fun stuff will be in Wil's box!

I unsubbed from this and Arianna's, and then ended up re-subbing to Arianna because I'm a sucker, haha.  So I get Nina Garcia, Bianca Jade, and Arianna Huffington.  I feel like the Wil box would have been perfect for me IN THEORY, but in reality I would rather spend $100 on other things. 

(Cut to me sobbing later this month about how the box is amazing and I super regret cancelling)

Has anyone gotten billed or shipping notification yet? Someone asked on the quarterly FB page when this would bill/ship and they said they'd be billing last week. My husband subscribed to this but he doesn't check his email much much less look at his credit card statement! I am so curious!!! Can't wait to get this!

@@gcc69 I was the one who asked!  I just checked my checking account online & still no charge.  I've never bought anything from Quarterly, but from what I've gathered, their shipping/billing is frequently later than they say it'll be.  I asked b/c I wanted to find out some spoilers so I could decide whether to cancel.  This box really isn't in my budget right now, but something is telling me it's gonna be good...I hope I'm right!

@@gcc69 I was the one who asked!  I just checked my checking account online & still no charge.  I've never bought anything from Quarterly, but from what I've gathered, their shipping/billing is frequently later than they say it'll be.  I asked b/c I wanted to find out some spoilers so I could decide whether to cancel.  This box really isn't in my budget right now, but something is telling me it's gonna be good...I hope I'm right!
Ugh! Yes, I think that quaterly never ships when they say! I am counting on Wil to make this worth it!

Haha, I saw your post on FB too! I have been looking everywhere in hopes of more information! Quarterly usually does run behind on when they bill/ship. Even though Feb. isn't over yet, I would be very surprised if it ships this month. This box has me SOOO ANXIOUS! I wish that they would just bill and ship already so that I could quit second guessing it! I know that there was a "spoiler", but it was more of a hint because it was still kind of vague. $100 is a pretty big risk when we're not totally sure what we're getting. 

Well...I cancelled my box yesterday.  I just got really annoyed that (a) it's obviously not going to ship until March, and ( B) they've barely mentioned the box & only gave one half-spoiler.  Honestly, I just don't trust this company to deliver anything awesome for my $100.  I don't even really have $100 to spend on this right now, but I was going to just buy it anyway b/c I was that excited about it.  Plus I'm really not someone who likes to keep a lot of stuff, so if there are no spoilers then I'm just setting myself up to get a lot of potentially useless stuff (but that's the nature of the beast)  Quarterly's crappy shipping killed my excitement & now I don't want to give them my business.  Hopefully I won't be missing out on anything too awesome.  I just keep telling myself if there's anything in the box that I end up dying to try, I'll just buy it w/my tax return $$ as a belated birthday gift.  

I hope all of you get your boxes soon!!!  I'll just be lurking the thread until someone posts pictures of an unboxing so I can see what I missed.

Woo! I just got an invoice receipt in my e-mail. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Since it's dated 2/28, that means I would get free shipping on the next box, since it would be the first one after the shipping changes take place in March, right? I hope so. I can't wait to see what's in this box. I'm so excited!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Woo! I just got an invoice receipt in my e-mail. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Since it's dated 2/28, that means I would get free shipping on the next box, since it would be the first one after the shipping changes take place in March, right? I hope so. I can't wait to see what's in this box. I'm so excited!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My husband just got the email too -- I assume too that means if we stick with the sub, we will get the loyalty shipping credit for next box in May or June.

I think your current box counts as your free shipping box, since it was your "next" box.

"As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box."

Let us know what you get! I didn't subscribe, but I'm super anxious to see what's in there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think your current box counts as your free shipping box, since it was your "next" box.

"As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box."

Let us know what you get! I didn't subscribe, but I'm super anxious to see what's in there! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The whole thing was:

"As of March 1, 2015, we will start charging a flat rate US shipping fee  of $5 for our $50 and $75 subscriptions and $8 for our $100 subscriptions. International shipping rates will remain the same. 

As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box. If you've been waiting to try out a new curator, take advantage of our free shipping one last time and subscribe before March 1st."

The Wil Wheaton box is a Feb. box and was charged in Feb.; March 1st was the start of the new shipping charge. There was no shipping charge or loyalty shipping credit on the invoice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back