Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Reaction score
Anyone else kind of drooling over these babies?

They're a little pricy for me...but...omg...I WANT THEM. They're exclusively at Ulta. I do have a $20 gift card to spend...but which one to start with??

RT-Bold-Metal-Collection.jpg

(Image courtesy of A Beauty Bella via Google.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was until I saw the price. I really like the IT for Ulta brushes and these are the same price, not a price point I was expecting from RT

I was until I saw the price. I really like the IT for Ulta brushes and these are the same price, not a price point I was expecting from RT
Yeah, never spend that much on brushes...but I'm hoping maybe they'll go on sale soon (Ulta has a lot of Buy 1 get one half off sales on RT)... Real Techniques are generally my favorite brushes, so I'm really curious to see what these are like.

Way too pricy IMO. I'm wondering if the quality if on par with other higher end brushes at a similar pricepoint?

The only brush I'm interested in is the flat contour becuase it's such an uncommon brush and I don't know why!

Way too pricy IMO. I'm wondering if the quality if on par with other higher end brushes at a similar pricepoint?

The only brush I'm interested in is the flat contour becuase it's such an uncommon brush and I don't know why!
Some reviews I've seen have said the quality is pretty great...I am trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on one of them to find out.

These are supposed to be more professional and better quality than the regular line, hence why they are more expensive. Just think of them as brushes that you might get from mac or other high brands. (Not sure how they compare but I think that's the idea) They have them sold at Ulta so that they are more readily available to everyone. I have to wait till have I a little bit more money but honestly, I can't wait to try them!

I bought two of the golden ones - the powder brush and the crazy triangle foundation brush. The handles are not as heavy as they look in pictures, and I think they're plastic, even though the ferrules are definitely metal. Also, these are fingerprint magnets and always look messy. On the upside, the bristles are really super soft and compare to IT Cosmetics brushes. For this price though I think I'd rather just buy IT brushes instead.

Thanks for the update. I'm just really not seeing a reason to choose these over the IT brushes which have proven their worth to me. (Other than pretty rose gold, lol)

What I've heard is the quality of the bristles is outstanding - synthetic, but super soft and great at picking up product.

However, supposedly the construction is lacking, so they don't feel or look at all like you expect based on promo pictures. Since I trust this reviewer with pretty much everything, and I know she knows her stuff when it comes to brushes, I'll pass. The pretty isn't worth the extra $$$ to me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I'll grab a couple of them when Ulta has their buy one get on half off sale that they have on RT all the time...I have a $20 gift card, so that'll take the sting out of the price. I just really want to try a couple of the more unique ones, and I'm not really interested in any mainstream makeup, etc. right now, so brushes are my best bet for my giftcard. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although, I might change my mind and just get the few RT brushes I'm missing from my regular collection...I already know I love those...

I bought a couple when they were buy one get one free, and I had a gift card. I got the flat contour and arched powder brush. Then for my birthday I got the oval shadow and pointed crease brush. I have to say I still prefer my original RT brushes over any of these, but I do like them. My favorite is the pointed crease brush so far. The bristles are super soft and hold the product really well. I like that they don't roll around on my makeup table. I would not have purchased them at the regular price though, I don't feel they are worth that kind of money. 

Back