Waxing arm hair or bleaching?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was blessed with very thick hair (on my head) every stylist I've ever been to can't get over how thick it is. Unfortunatley I have thick hair on my arms too, and it's dark (I was born a light blonde). I'm thinking about getting it waxed but I have very sensitive skin and I'm afraid that waxing will cause a lot of problems on my arms, and I'm also afraid of the pain factor, if it hurts too bad and I hate it, once I start I will have to keep it up.

I was also thinking about bleaching it, but the hairs are very thick and long so I would still have "hairy" arms, they just wouldn't be so obvious.

What should I do? Is it true after you've waxed something several times it grows back slower, if at all?

Waxing can slow down hair growth than using a razor. This is because the roots have been taken out as well.

I have thick hair as well.  I tried waxing my arms but the redness lasted a couple days and I even got some bruising.  I like just shaving it off.

I have thick hair as well.  I tried waxing my arms but the redness lasted a couple days and I even got some bruising.  I like just shaving it off.
yep. when i did that, i got bruised so much someone asked me if i got into a fight. haha. 

i just shave mine as well. it doesn't grow back very fast & it doesn't come back thicker. 

i used to have thick, dark hairs as well, i shave them a few times...& in the winter it doesn't even matter since its covered anyways!

I wax my arms and the redness goes away within a few hours. I like the prewaxed strips that you just pull apart and use, they are easy and there is no clean up after, just throw them away. If I get lazy and don't the hair grows back about the same as before, but I have at least a full month to almost 2 with little to no hair. It's worth it for me to not have blond arm hair. 

Latest posts

Back