FOTD - 100 Day No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacehtpuekam

Malicious Meanie Pants
Reaction score
Since so many of us have goals involving using new products/doing our make up a certain amount of days per week, I thought it might be a fun idea for us to post our 'Faces of the Day.' This will 1) keep us accountable and 2) hopefully give us some inspiration if we're stuck on a look!

I know not everyone is comfortable posting their face on the internet, so don't feel like you have to post. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I hope to see lots of your pretty faces for the next 100 days!

Ok, I'll start. First can we just talk about how awkward selfies are? Like, I don't even feel like this looks like me. Ugh. And just ignore my eyebrows. They're outta control and I'm too lazy to deal with them right now. 

10914531_893580403996629_948471051_n.jpg

Ok, so I used Glamour Doll Eyes shadows in Can't Sit With us (inner), Surrogate (lid and crease), & Suzy Q (just on the outer edge). Also used GDE blush in Day Job. Hello Waffle lip gloss in Audrey 2. 

And then I spilled my house jar of Surrogate on the floor and now I'm pouting.  :unsure:

OK...here goes. Please be easy on me.

image.jpg

I used all of my items for Monday Club.

Benefit Porefessional face primer

Nyx Concealer in a Jar

Loreal Magic BB Cream

Benefit Rockateur Blush

Temptu Highlighter

Tarte Smooth Operator fishing powder

Ulta lip gloss

Nyx Champagne & Caviar eye shadow palette

Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara

OK...here goes. Please be easy on me.

image.jpg

I used all of my items for Monday Club.

Benefit Porefessional face primer

Nyx Concealer in a Jar

Loreal Magic BB Cream

Benefit Rockateur Blush

Temptu Highlighter

Tarte Smooth Operator fishing powder

Ulta lip gloss

Nyx Champagne & Caviar eye shadow palette

Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
i was gonna go on talking about how beautiful your makeup is but then i got sidetracked by your gorgeous mermaid hair. It's so shiny and straight and flowy and healthy looking and I can't.  :wub:

(can you tell i'm obsessed with hair?) 

This is my first time uploading photos, wish me luck! I hope it isn't too ginormous! 

I'm trying to sort through all my eyeshadow quads, trios and duos so I'm forcing myself to use each for a week. If I can't stand it, out the door it goes. So my eyeshadow is the Almay smoky-i trio for hazel eyes (which my eyes aren't, but it seemed to have a more sensible set of colors, I hate blue eyeshadow on my blue eyes). I already can't stand it, but I'll keep playing with it this week.

Other things I'm testing are my mascara, the Covergirl Exact Eyelights mascara in Blue Sapphire. It doesn't make my eyelashes long or full enough for me, so that will probably go in a week.

My blush is a mini of Benefit's Lolli-tint. I forgot how much I like these tints, even though it's my least favorite color. I'll probably keep it around until I use it up.

I recently dyed my hair red, so I'm still experimenting on the colors that work with it, as opposed to my usual blonde.

I could just kiss you for making this thread!!! I've been wanting to do something like this... YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Also, you are all really gorgeous!

@ your eyes are killer gorgeous!

@@Natasha01 I love the way you did your eye makeup. That's what I aspire to!

@@Suzaqu your nose is the cutest!! I like your glasses- are they Warby Parker?

Ok, it's Monday at 3:31 pm and I haven't even done my makeup yet today. I've gone make-up less since Friday. Why? I don't know? Laziness, perhaps? I'm supposed to be using up products and hitting pan, but ... I have to be more.... umm, what's the word? Well, more go-getter. I need to actually slap on my face, hahah!

Where my FOTD peeps at?

I don't have interesting looks, but I'm making an effort to do this every once-in-a-while to keep me trying new things. Today I actually used the purple eyeshadow from my pan palette. YAY!!!

photo 3(1).JPG

Everything else is the same. I guess I should play around with lipstick and eyeliner variations...

@@eastofthesun You have such pretty eyes. I know you mentioned in other threads about your hesitancy with trying bolder eye looks. Might I suggest practicing getting out of your comfort zone once you're home for the day or maybe on a weekend day you don't plan on going out? It's a fun way to try out your makeup, do things you tell yourself you would never dare to do in public, get comfortable with more styles and practice techniques. And did I mention the fun factor?  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

tumblr_nhu718lzii1r0aqmoo3_500.jpg

My FOTD!

Used:
Nyx Milk
Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette
Ardell Brow powder in Medium
Essence liner in Too Cool
Rimmel liners in Baby Blue and Deep Blue
Cherimoya FAQ Lashes in Navy Blue

Body Shop All in One Blusher in Bubblegum
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Vaseline cocoa butter lip therapy
Rimmel vinyl lipgloss

@@eastofthesun You have such pretty eyes. I know you mentioned in other threads about your hesitancy with trying bolder eye looks. Might I suggest practicing getting out of your comfort zone once you're home for the day or maybe on a weekend day you don't plan on going out? It's a fun way to try out your makeup, do things you tell yourself you would never dare to do in public, get comfortable with more styles and practice techniques. And did I mention the fun factor?  ;)
Thank you! I took your advice and did something different with my eyes today! They're a lot out of my comfort zone, but just in it to where I'm not hiding under a rock here at work!

photo 1.JPG

The full look

photo 2.JPG

Close-up of eye.

Question- is my blending good enough or do I need to work on that some?

@@eastofthesun I keep forgetting to take pictures! But I have been doing ok with remembering to do my make up every day :) I'll post tomorrow!
Yay! I hope you keep posting pics! I plan to try to stick to this to keep me applying makeup, and to keep me doing things differently too!

My FOTD!

Used:

Nyx Milk

Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer

Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette

Ardell Brow powder in Medium

Essence liner in Too Cool

Rimmel liners in Baby Blue and Deep Blue

Cherimoya FAQ Lashes in Navy Blue

Body Shop All in One Blusher in Bubblegum

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Vaseline cocoa butter lip therapy

Rimmel vinyl lipgloss
Your look is to die for! Very awesome, I love it so much!

Totally want to get in on this! I just need to remember to take pictures when I have daylight. Loving these gorgeous looks from all you pretty ladies!

@@eastofthesun Thank you! I've never actually thought about my nose either way, so I'm glad to hear it's cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My glasses aren't from Warby Parker, they're from Seraphin by OGI. It's funny you mention that company though, all of my other pairs of (sun)glasses are from there, and I love them! The only reason I didn't get these from WP is I had flex dollars to burn before the end of the year (and didn't need 4 pairs of glasses), so I went to a real store.

My FOTD looked about the same the rest of the days this week, with a slight variation on how I used the eyeshadows. I found a look that was tolerable, but I can't wait for tomorrow when I can stop using it. I'm taking this as a sign that I need to get the trio out of my collection. I'm super excited to try out my quad next week, I think those shades are more up my alley!

Thank you! I took your advice and did something different with my eyes today! They're a lot out of my comfort zone, but just in it to where I'm not hiding under a rock here at work!

I love this look! The blending looks great in my opinion (though I only learned what blending was in the past 6 months, so my opinion may be a bit uninformed). I have some colors like that pink/purple that i've been wanting to use, but am a bit afraid of. You've inspired me to go for it! 

Latest posts

Back