Easy peasy everyday look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

The products that I use for this look are -

The Hourglass Illusion Skin Tint ($55 for 1 oz) in Nude. I was given quite a few foil samples of this foundation. When I saw the name, I thought it would be a light base with barely any coverage (think a BB cream if you will) but boy was I surprised. It's a gorgeous full coverage foundation which can be blended out if you need to. The color Nude is a tad light for me, so I applied the base using my fingers and then blended it out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It blended out so well, still giving me plenty of coverage but now playing nice with my actual skin color. The foil sample is 1 ml and I think I will get about 5 uses out of it!! You really need the tiniest amount. This might be similar to Kevyn Aucoin's Skin Sensual Enhancer, which is packed with pigment so you only need the smallest amount. Once I finish a few of my foundations (which might take a few months), I am DEFINITELY going to buy this product.

Stila Convertible Color in Lillium ($25 for 0.15 oz) is a blush I bought through Hautelook, it looked like a lovely mauve light pink shade on the screen but it doesn't show up really well on my NC42 skintone. I love the emolient consistency of it though. I use it on my cheeks as a cream blush using my fingers but I also use it under my eyes as a corrector! I know it sounds strange but this helps correct my dark circles which are abundant right now.

The Balm's Time Balm ($18 for 7.5 g) in shade Medium/Dark is another Hautelook purchase. This concealer is over a year old and I want to finish it. I have made a good dent in it but I need to keep going, so I am using it as my face and under eye concealer. I think these thicker concealers are perfect for blemishes or scars on the face but do crease something nasty under my eyes. However, when I use the Stila Convertible Color in Lillium under my eyes before applying this concealer, there is no creasing and the concealer stays put for 4-5 hours, which is average for me. Score!!

Benefit's Dandelion face powder ($28 for 0.25 oz) is a gorgeous pink blush if you have fair skin, however for my skin tone, it works as a beautiful brightening face powder. I use the ELF Kabuki brush ($6) to apply it all over my face.

I then go in with my Stila Pigment in Finale (discontinued), which has been my go to blush for months now and such a great find for $4 at a Nordstrom Rack! I use Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face Brush from their Nic's Picks set ($29.99) and apply this over the top of my cream blush. The result is a blush color that stays put and lasts all day.

My favorite cream highlighter ever is a discontinued product from Clinique in Pink Sugar (discontinued). I think it is meant to be a blush but for me it works as a perfect soft pinky highlight. I use my fingers to dot this on top of my cheek bones, on my cupids bow and down the bridge of nose.

The Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder ($9.58 for 16.5 g) is a great color for me as a bronzer. I apply it lightly to the outside of my face and to hide my double chin. 

Now for the eyes. This is really simple. I use the IT Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil to fill in my brows and then use the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel ($22) to seal them in place. I smudge two layers of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze ($6.99) all over my eyelids. I use the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder as my crease color and blend out the crease. I then use my Lancome Le Crayon Khol Smoky Eyeliner in Black Ebony ($26) to tightline and smudge a little as my eye liner and then I apply lashings of my Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye mascara ($28).

Finally, I use any of the NYX Butter Glosses, today I used Strawberry Parfait on my lips.

​
Voila, that's my entire face done. It might seem like a lot of steps but it takes me 15 mins from start to finish.

I have massive pores around my nose.
We all know about nose pores!  Have you tried using a comedone extractor to deep-cleanse the pores, followed by an AHA night cream to gently exfoliate? It works wonders on  pores and *really* shrinks them.

Latest posts

Back