Cinderella MAC collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the MAC Cinderella collection coming out this spring to go with the new movie? I'm really excited about it. Hoping for some pretty blues, silvers, and golds along with some pretty lipstuff. And hopefully a pretty compact!

I think someone posted this image to instagram- a friend showed it to me on her phone and I found it on google.

hKXmid7.jpg

I am not impressed with that promo shot, whatsoever. All I'm seeing is a bunch of nudes and soft pinks... how exactly is this Cinderella inspired? Not even a hint of blue?

Pass.

i think a fun pink would of been good for the lipstick.

nude doesn't really remind me of cinderella. and i agree... need a light blue maybe with a dust of sparkle for the palette.

I don't own or use any mac but I've always loved looking at the collections and their color schemes. But this looks to be a dud much like the Maleficent collection. Nothing special. 

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing something different, but this one actually feels very Cinderella to me. I tend to interpret these collection more as what the characters themselves would wear. And I can totally see Cinderella wearing all those nudes. 

But still, MAC could've done so much better. I also instantly thought of the sad Maleficent collection. Maybe they'll have nice blue and silvery shades of glitters. Something magical. For being based off Cinderella, this collection has a surprising lack of magic to it.

Sidenote: Is it just me or are the packaging and advertisement super 80's?

The things is though that as of right now apparently all Disney characters wear nudes. At that rate they could just slap a new character name on it and now it's the Belle collection, now it's Snow White, etc... There is nothing inherently "Cinderella" in this collection. Hell even the Maleficent had the yellowy color.

I don't buy MAC, I dunno why I just don't but comparing this to something like the Marge collection which not only had Marge packaging but Marge-like colors this just feels like a copout. What makes this inherently "Cinderella" as opposed to a Naked palette wannabe?

Good call on the 80s vibe though I laughed when I looked at the picture again

it looks photoshopped to me.
Now that I'm looking at it again, I think I agree with you. Something about the lettering looks off to me.

That actually makes me more hopeful- maybe the real set will be a little more exciting, maybe a clock striking midnight or glass slipper motif?

Although I'm with you all on the posted image being a little boring, I wouldn't be very surprised if the real collection does contain several nudes- maybe with some soft shimmer. Cinderella isn't a very made up girl, LOL.

As far as I know, this isn't a photoshop, this is an early promo image for the Cinderella collection. What I don't know is if this is the full collection - I thought there were more lipsticks, as well as a sculpting powder and blush(es)?

If I weren't so lazy I'd look for the full collection info I saw - but I am lazy so whatever.

ETA: I know it shows what could be a sculpt/highlight compact, what I meant was I thought there were blushes in addition to that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most any Disney collection will pale in comparison to what was brought out in Sephora a few years back. I have no idea what the quality of the products were, but the packaging was absolutely beautiful. 

After the 80s comparison comment, I keep scrolling up and internally chuckling.

This doesn't look like a real promo photo - even if it does have an instagram filiter. I agree, however. This is not inherently cinderella in any sense. Do people really buy mac for eyeshadow anymore? At 16$ / per product it seems a bit over kil. However - for fluidline, lipliner, and lipstick (even if they have had the same colors out for 15 years........) are consistent and fantastic.

If this is a real promo photo, it doesn't seem very exciting. If the rest of the collection is similar to the colors I'm seeing here, I'll be passing on this one. I agree with the "lack of magic" comments  :unsure2:

Back