PurpleStrawberi

Official Lush Thread!

HI LADIES!!!!

If any of you are interested, I posted a lush survey recently.  I would love to see what your answers are!  You can either find it on my profile page or search it in the forums.

Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi View Post

Is anybody REALLY excited for the launch of EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?!!

I am! I can't afford to purchase anything at the moment, but I'm really excited to see this collection!

Is anybody REALLY excited for the launch of EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!?!?!!

I am as well! I have a 1:00 appointment on Saturday! :)

I don't mean to be nosy, but at Lush?
No worries! It's for the Emotional Brilliance launch - they have you sit down for a "color reading" to find products that match your mood. My local Lush had Lushies schedule appointments via Facebook for this during the day they launch the line. Kinda fun!

Originally Posted by JessP View Post

No worries! It's for the Emotional Brilliance launch - they have you sit down for a "color reading" to find products that match your mood. My local Lush had Lushies schedule appointments via Facebook for this during the day they launch the line. Kinda fun!

That's so cool!  I wish I lived a little closer so I could make an appointment:(

I disagree.  It may just be the weight of my order, but mine ended up being about the same price.  The shipping was an outrageous $30.  I'm gonna stick to Lush US or taking a road trip to the closest store.

That was the problem I ran into when I did a mock comparison of the US / UK order for the same things. I wanted to place a rather large order and thought I  would be better off doing so from the UK. When I saw how much the shipping would be though, I decided against it. I wonder if there's a set amount/weight you should really aim for to get the less pricey shipping?

Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

Royal Mail Shipping is 5.95 euros or around $8 US dollars unless you get a ridiculously big order, then it's 7.95 euros. Not sure why yours was $30 for shipping.

My order I got from the UK today was heavy. It was:

2 Retread

2 R&B

1 Trichomania

Total 43.45 euros or $54.56 INCLUDING shipping

Same order in the US is $113.75 with shipping. That's crazy savings!

BTW my UK order was placed on the 6/12 and I got it today 6/18 so that's not bad at all!

Mind me asking about what weight/how many products you normally buy when purchasing from the UK website? I tried placing a "mock" order between the US and UK sites recently, (rather large order) and the shipping from the UK one was going to be pretty pricey. I was over the weight limit for the less pricey shipping ,and it was going to cost quite a bit, so I decided to hold off on my order. In that instance, the US shipping would have been less. I'd love to try an order from the UK website though; I'm starting to think only the smaller orders are a good idea? 

What do you guys think about the EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE LINE???

I haven't tried any of it yet, but I do think it's kind pricey /: I usually like LUSH's prices and was kinda shocked that they made their cosmetic line so expensive. I will prob. cave and get @ least a couple things from it, but I do think it could be a bit cheaper, but for all I know it's amazing quality and whatnot and deserves to be that expensive. It's pricing isn't as bad as some high-end stuff out there so I guess I'm just complaining to complain, b/c it isn't soo bad.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 View Post

I have sensitive/redness prone skin. Any suggestions? I'd rather not any harsh exfoliants.  I'm combination as well.

You should try the oatafix mask.  It has oatmeal to exfoliate but it's also for your skin type.  You could also ask someone who works there to help you find something for your skin.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 View Post

I haven't tried any of it yet, but I do think it's kind pricey /: I usually like LUSH's prices and was kinda shocked that they made their cosmetic line so expensive. I will prob. cave and get @ least a couple things from it, but I do think it could be a bit cheaper, but for all I know it's amazing quality and whatnot and deserves to be that expensive. It's pricing isn't as bad as some high-end stuff out there so I guess I'm just complaining to complain, b/c it isn't soo bad.

I thought about that as well, but I figured you do get what you pay for.  Lush is all natural and is against animal testing, so I'm sure it's awesome for your skin.

I have not had the opportunity to try any Lush products because I don't have any stores near me. I have made a wishlist of products to try on the site though (American Cream conditioner, R&B, Sweetie Pie, and an assortment of bath bombs and massage bars). I'm sure I'll end up caving in and buying some in the winter when Snow Fairy returns (a product I have heard SO MUCH about)!

I really want to try LUSH. We have a very small store here and I completely indented to buy stuff but walked out with nothing. I don't know if it was the size of the store or the actual labeling of products but I was very overwhelmed. I'm going to try again with some of the suggestions on this thread. May be a good thing I'm not addicted!

I just discovered LUSH about a month ago and I was hooked on the very first day. I bought several gift sets so I could try smaller sizes of lots of things before committing to full size. These are the items that I own:

Shampoo bars: Soak & float (tan), seanik (blue), godiva (yellow), ultra shine (white)

Conditioner Bar in Jungle, plus samples of Veganese and Retread

Lotion: Charity pot, Vanilla Dee-lite, plus samples of dream cream, sympathy for the skin, creme an glaise

Body wash: The Olive Branch, Rub rub rub, happy hippy, grass, and Dirty (for the man)

Soap: Sexy peel, Bohemian, figs & leaves, summer pudding

Massage bars: each peach, strawberry, hottie, vanilla

Body butter: Buffy, King of skin

Ultrabalm

Aromaco deodorant

Gorgeous moisturizer

Mask of Magnaminty

Lemony Flutter

Comforter bubble bar

Sakura bath bomb

Sample of Angels on bare skin

Whoosh shower jelly

Ocean Salt

Creamed Almond & Coconut Shower Smoothie

Green sugar scrub

I think that's everything hahaha and I love it all.....the next time I go, I'm dying to try Full of Grace face serum!

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy View Post

I really want to try LUSH. We have a very small store here and I completely indented to buy stuff but walked out with nothing. I don't know if it was the size of the store or the actual labeling of products but I was very overwhelmed.

I'm going to try again with some of the suggestions on this thread. May be a good thing I'm not addicted!

Ask for a tour! they will take you around and explain everything. I've been to 5 diff stores and they have all been super helpful and listened to my likes/dislikes, and they let you try anything! And ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for samples of anything you want to take home and try! :)

Ask for a tour! they will take you around and explain everything. I've been to 5 diff stores and they have all been super helpful and listened to my likes/dislikes, and they let you try anything! And ALWAYS ALWAYS ask for samples of anything you want to take home and try! :)
Really! I had no idea about the sample thing. Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy View Post

Really! I had no idea about the sample thing. Thanks for the tips!

Oh yes, I get two samples at a time... :) I also highly recommend going for the pre-packaged gift sets. When I was new to LUSH ( a month ago haha) I got 6 different gift sets and that gave me TONS of stuff to try in half sizes without the cost of buying a bunch of full sized items before you know what you really like :)

LUSH Shower/after shower of the night!

-White shampoo bar (I think it's called ultimate shine)/ Jungle conditioner bar

-The Olive Branch shower gel

-Creamed Coconut Almond Shower Smoothie

-Ocean Salt for my face

-King of Skin body butter bar for still damp skin after showering

-Mask of Magnaminty 

-Gorgeous Moisturizer 

-Dream Cream Lotion

-Aromaco deodorant

-Lemony Flutter cuticle butter

I Smell Yummy!!! cloud9.gif

I'm always excited about all things LUSH! We just had a grand opening at one of the malls in my area and I couldn't be more excited. They had giveaways so I ended up getting about $30 worth of free items. I have too many favorites to list but I would say Fizzbanger, Twilight, Dorothy, Sunnyside, Sexy Peel and Coal face are among my absolute favorites.

Is anyone else excited about the holiday collection? Can't wait for that to come out :)

Originally Posted by Libby Bubbles View Post

I'm always excited about all things LUSH! We just had a grand opening at one of the malls in my area and I couldn't be more excited. They had giveaways so I ended up getting about $30 worth of free items. I have too many favorites to list but I would say Fizzbanger, Twilight, Dorothy, Sunnyside, Sexy Peel and Coal face are among my absolute favorites.

Is anyone else excited about the holiday collection? Can't wait for that to come out :)

I can't wait for the holiday collection!!! I gotta stock up on my Candy Mountain bubble bars!

I wish I would've found this thread earlier!  I did an order on the US, and UK sites, and my UK order ended up being $23 cheaper than the US one.  And as far as ordering from the US vs UK, when you place a US order, doesn't it ship from Canada?

I'm glad that you mentioned asking for samples. I was just on their website and there are several masks that I want to try. Do they make up the samples for you or are they in foil packages? I so need to go to a craft store and buy some little jars to put the contents of foil packets in. I just got an idea. I wonder if a weekly medication container would work? You know the kind that have the days of the week on them and you flip open the top. I wonder if that would work? All you would need to do is write the name of the product on tape and label each compartment. Hmmm... Lots of ideas now. Lol. I also work at a pharmacy, I need to ask if they have small jars that they would put creams in. A pill bottle it too big. But they might have little jars. Anyways, I am planning on going to the lush store nearby tomorrow, is there any masks that are a must try? What about the greased lightening gel? My daughter has been breaking out on her forehead and I have been trying to find something to help. Although she has a bad habit of picking at them as they heal so it makes it worse. What about the facial cleaners? Any of them stand out? I'm not a bath person so bath bombs don't interest me. I'm so excited to try some of this stuff. I've been into a couple Lush stores in Maui and I think Oahu but didn't really look at much of the stuff. We were just browsing and my suitcases were already over the weight limit. Plus I wasn't going to pay tax on something that I could wait until I got home since Oregon doesn't have a sales tax. I'm so excited to check the store out. If you have any suggestions please let me know, I will be going tomorrow early. Please let me know your favs...