Are my eyes hooded or deep set?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, 

i have a bit of a problem here. I'm not really sure what shape my eyes are. Either way I don't have a lot of lid to play with, so please help out :) What shape are they and what make up tips can I use?

2015-01-07_19.00.111.jpg

My number one tip for both - hooded or deep set eyes is to look into the mirror with your eyes open, and indicate where you want the darker crease shadows to appear (use a pencil or you shadow to do so) and then when you tilt your head back and lower your lids to apply, it's easy to see how high up you'd like to take your shadow! Hope it helps xo

Hi there! Your eyes are lovely! (Or at least, the one I can see is :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

I'm not sure- it looks very slightly hooded. Hardly at all. Not deep-set I don't think, but I'm not a good judge of that.

Basically, just don't ever let anyone touch your brows- they are flawless!

I have deep-set eyes and have humongous circles under them due to that. Your eyes are not deep-set.... I have no idea what hooded eyes look like.

They're hooded. 

As for tips? Look straight into a mirror and figure out where you want to place your crease shadow. You need to lift your lid when you apply your lid shadow, then you need to blend (soften) the top edge out with a highlighter. 

You obviously might need to tilt your head up and lift your lid to see where you need to place your shadow colours, your spacing and for overall symmetry. 

For eyeliner, avoid thick liquid liners, go for a super thin sharp black or any deep colour line into the lash root (matte eye shadow works best) using a thin fine angle brush (MAC 266 as a reference). Your mascara will add to the fullness of the rest of the lash line.

I know this is a quick blurb... but HTH  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back