Tips for Swatch Photos

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelli

I'm Not Bill Gates, I'm Not Paris Hilton
Reaction score
I see so many people with amazing swatch photos and close up eye photos of their indie shadows. Whenever I try to get a good pic, they turn out awful! So I thought maybe some of you with mad skills can give some tips for getting the better pictures.

I was very frustrated when some swatches i did comparing DGC shadows over just primer VS over DGC Glitter Glue did not show the differene! Two shades looked completely different with Glitter Glue and yet looked the same in the pics :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some people use micro lenses for their cameras. Some are for sale on Amazon for under $5.

I see so many people with amazing swatch photos and close up eye photos of their indie shadows. Whenever I try to get a good pic, they turn out awful! So I thought maybe some of you with mad skills can give some tips for getting the better pictures.

I was very frustrated when some swatches i did comparing DGC shadows over just primer VS over DGC Glitter Glue did not show the differene! Two shades looked completely different with Glitter Glue and yet looked the same in the pics :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know that what you use to take it makes a BIG difference! When I had a real camera, I could actually take decent pictures (though I was never a swatch master like some), and my phone camera, while decent, just can't compare. I know some have very fancy/professional cameras and that makes it a lot easier.

I do have an attachable macro lens that I never thought of using for swatches, though! I'll see if that helps my crappy swatch situation out. 

Latest posts

Back