Dermarolling- Info, Questions and Experiences!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
OK, so I'm totally new to the idea of dermarolling. I've read about it a few times but never thought about it too much until I was chosen to review a dermaroller!

It's arriving tomorrow and I'm actually super nervous about it!

I figured I'd start a thread so we could all discuss this idea a bit more and learn from each other since I'm sure I'm not the only one totally new to the idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would LOVE to see a review or hear about your dermarolling experiences. I just signed up to review a dermaroller and I'm so confused by how it all works LOL. I'm afraid of using certain products after dermarolling, or how much pressure to use, how long to do it, how often etc. There are so many conflicting reviews on it, I'd feel much better reading the experience of someone I feel like I know rather than someone that could have been paid to write a review or something y'know?
I also got the review for a dermaroller too, but I have been doing it since december iwth my own dermaroller - haha - but you can never have too many on hand!!  thanks to a really nice lady who helped me sort it out a bit, I feel pretty good that I have a handle on it.  She has a youtube channel too  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4is7sDgsg

katiebug :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I review that dermaroller, I will explain how I do it, what I use, need, etc.  However, if you have specific questions, just ask me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will say this, you should, before dermarolling, have on hand the following

91% Isopropyl Alcohol to sterilize your dermaroller

A good numbing gel - I use this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIO0F8E

cotton pads

your serums - vitamin C, retinol, hyaluronic acid

moisturizer - vit C

I also use a Vit C mist as well

Also, if you are prone to any type of infections, a good anti-bacterial cream as well

Make sure your workspace is clean and wiped down with a solution of the 91% alcohol + water - I have a spray bottle just for this use.  I also place down clean paper towels where I might be placing my derma roller.

Vit C is so important cause it helps with the collagen production, so if you don't have it on hand or you like your other serums, you can add a powered form of it and add it to your serums and moisturizers.

@ZeeOmega  I think that is a great idea!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend that the first time you try this, after you get all of the stuff that you need, is to just roll on part of your face to get the feel of it.  I used my forehead as my test area - haha - just apply enough pressure to hear "pops" in your skin.  I have not experienced any bleeding from this, btw.  My face is red afterwards but because I use the numbing gel, it didn't hurt.

You aren't supposed to wear any makeup where you derma roll about 12-24 hours afterwards so I try to do it on a saturday night, because sunday, I usually do not do much - I don't need to scare anyone without my makeup - ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am still a newbie, so I can only speak of my experiences with it.  The benefits won't show for several months later, so this isn't a quick fix.

What's the concept / reason behind the derma rolling? Is it a way to try and introduce more product into your dermal layers?

What's the concept / reason behind the derma rolling? Is it a way to try and introduce more product into your dermal layers?
I'm pretty sure that on top of all that, over time, it also reduces fine lines and wrinkles as well as acne scars etc. Which is the main reason why I'm interested in trying it!

Back