Advice needed. Which shades for my eye colour?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm kinda new to make up.

My eye colour is green/grey with orange around pupil.  Gives the impression of green.  I kept reading that purples should suit me but they dont.  I found a teal colour, a gold, and a goldy brown that do.

Any pointers on other colours for me?

many thanks

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It sounds like warmer colors work for you better than cool ones, this might be due to your skin tone and not just your eye color. Things with hints of green in them (anything with a green duochrome type of effect, or teal which is a green/blue color) might work for you, and I would try out things with grey and orange in them as well and see how you like those on your eyes. 

For me, what eyeshadow colors I like is really a lot of trial and error because you have to work with your eye color and your skin tone. Sometimes I like a color but only as a certain part of a look. I would get some gentle eye makeup remover and a cheap palette with a billion colors in it (eyes lips face does good ones, and if you can find crown brush on hautelook it gets cheap) and just try out ALL the colors. 

I think rose gold would look gorgeous on your eye color. A pinky gold will contrast the green and add vibrancy to your complexion. Try out the Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in the color Amber Rush all over your lid. 

Latest posts

Back