casey anne

Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

I'm always searching for spoilers for the next month! While there are no items on the page yet, February Birchbox Plus looks exciting promising! Looks like 2 categories of goodies!

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/birchbox-plus

Ok edited... looks promising sounds better than looks exciting!

Edited by casey anne
  • Like 2

I've never done the upgrades before and was wondering if they give you the points for the extras you buy/add on?

I've never done the upgrades before and was wondering if they give you the points for the extras you buy/add on?

Pretty sure they just recently started giving points for every dollar spent on birchbox plus items.

Yay for another month!

• Like 2

Yep, the do!

I can't see the plus items at all- anyone take a screenshot or remember what they are?

I think BB might have taken them back down or something :(

They aren't up yet

Oooooh...I feel really silly now, I just clicked the link and didn't read the top post too carefully.

Woops! Guess I'm just overly excited.

I had a really busy work day last month and totally missed the options to pick a sample or get BB Plus, so I'm determined to do both this month (assuming the Plus items are good).

Oooooh...I feel really silly now, I just clicked the link and didn't read the top post too carefully.

Woops! Guess I'm just overly excited.

I had a really busy work day last month and totally missed the options to pick a sample or get BB Plus, so I'm determined to do both this month (assuming the Plus items are good).

Okay that is a super cute puppy pic in your profile!

• Like 1

Okay that is a super cute puppy pic in your profile!

That's my pup, Rory. He is a Pug/Norwegian elkhound mix and he's pretty adorable  :)

• Like 3

I got a survey about Birchbox plus in my email today. Looks like they are trying to make improvements.

• Like 2

I got a survey about Birchbox plus in my email today. Looks like they are trying to make improvements.

I got that too! I was glad to have the chance to give feedback.

The coolest part of it was the question about whether or not I would want a monthly subscription with BB Plus included for $35/month but WITH the option to opt out of the Plus item each month.

Interesting concept for sure- what do you all think of that?

• Like 2

The coolest part of it was the question about whether or not I would want a monthly subscription with BB Plus included for $35/month but WITH the option to opt out of the Plus item each month.

I said no to that.  Not interested at 35.00/month even with an opt-out.  Most of their plus items don't interest me anyway.

• Like 3

Thirty five per month sounds expensive.  I don't think I've seen people on MUT saying they always get the items. It's more like a splurge if there is something particularly fabulous. I have yet to get a plus item because they are always so much money.

• Like 1

I figure with the opt-out option, what's not to like? That said, I've only really once been interested in Birchbox plus - when they had the Capwell + Co necklaces....

• Like 3

I like the idea, sometimes I want the plus items but the shipping errors and delays make me too nervous to get any of them.

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 1

I'd be interested as I'm jealous of the lifestyle items in Birchbox Man but not at $35.  Maybe $20 or $25 max.  Some of the items they offer aren't even worth an extra $25.

• Like 1

I figure with the opt-out option, what's not to like? That said, I've only really once been interested in Birchbox plus - when they had the Capwell + Co necklaces....

I usually like at least one item, and they said each item would be guaranteed to be worth at least $30 so you are always still getting a deal- plus, you can opt out as well like you said.

I think I would do it because worst case, I forget to opt out and I get something I either like for myself or I can save for the next time I need a gift.

When you can get Six items from Popsugar for $40 (less with coupons and subscriptions) I would never pay $25 extra for ONE item. I like Birchbox Man at $20, because the surprise is worn the extra expense.

Hopefully they will learn from the surveys that $35 is too high a price.

• Like 1

When you can get Six items from Popsugar for $40 (less with coupons and subscriptions) I would never pay $25 extra for ONE item. I like Birchbox Man at $20, because the surprise is worn the extra expense.

Hopefully they will learn from the surveys that $35 is too high a price.

The difference is they will tell you what the item is and you can opt out. With Popsugar there are months where I don't/wouldn't use a single item in the box and I'm out the $40 anyways.