casey anne

Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

I just received my e-mail and all the choices were still available.  I really wanted the Tone it Up box last month but didn't get to the email in time, so they were all gone.  I left my box a surprise, and I was pretty disappointed with it.  This time I went with the Rent the Runway box because I know for sure that I will use all the products. 

• Like 1

Never got my e-mail! Not a huge deal since I wasn't planning on picking anything, but I e-mailed them anyway because I don't want that to be a regular thing. 

Same here - never got the email. I didn't even think that it could become regular thing. Maybe I should email them too. 

Have you heard back from them?

I got the curated box on my main account. It'll be my first time getting a curated box, but there's 4/5 things in that box I want. To me, that's really, really good.

I also made a second account, so I should be getting a "welcome box" sometime in the next few days (Anyone know what's coming in that this time around or is it ALWAYS the same? I remember in the welcome box for my main account, I got the Whish cream, Acure, some perfume, and something else (I don't remember what.)) But after that you get a late box that's left to chance, which is what I wanted. I just hope I don't get that sea salt spray. I'm up to my eyeballs in hair products and sprays don't really do anything for my hair, unless it's dry shampoo.

I am waiting not so impatiently for my non-Aces account to get an email.  I got the R&R box on one Ace account and the sea salt spray on the other.  The third Ace account is waiting for the gift sub I sent it to kick in and I'm hoping to be able to snag the make-up remover on the non Ace account.  Don't judge, I know I have problems lol.

Me too, sheesh. I also emailed them about my Ace account that NEVER gets the PYS emails. I was going to select the makeup remover on either account, depending on which comes back faster the email response to CS or the PYS email on my non ace account.

Same here - never got the email. I didn't even think that it could become regular thing. Maybe I should email them too. 

Nope, nothing yet! I'll let you know what they say though :) 

• Like 1

I am waiting not so impatiently for my non-Aces account to get an email.  I got the R&R box on one Ace account and the sea salt spray on the other.  The third Ace account is waiting for the gift sub I sent it to kick in and I'm hoping to be able to snag the make-up remover on the non Ace account.  Don't judge, I know I have problems lol.

I picked the R&R for my Aces via frantic phone call to CS during a commercial break in Pretty Little Liars. (I'm 33 btw). Then the email came at 8:30 EST. Today I am waiting to select anything but the remover on my second sub. I just reactivated it with a code a few days ago, so I might be too late to pick. I resubbed to Ipsy to cash in my points for two figs and rouge hand creams. If I ever get off the waitlist for 3b that would bring me up to 4 subs. I think I spent all of last night on this forum and hitting refresh on my Aces email account. No judgey people here since we are all in the same boat. This is our superbowl. 

• Like 6

So, they responded. 

The rep claims I opted out of e-mails from Birchbox? 

But 1) I don't even know how to do that, unless I did it on accident and 2) I get e-mails all the time from Birchbox! I just checked my old mail & I have several from this week even. 

I asked her to put me back on the list and also asked how I would have opted out in the first place. 

Is it bad that all last night I told my daughter that mommy was checking work stuff on her phone?  She kept asking to play with my phone and I was like "no this is very important stuff!" (I usually have it hidden away at night in my pocket so we both don't look at it.)

Sigh...to me navy blue eyeliner is very important stuff!

• Like 9

So, they responded. 

But 1) I don't even know how to do that, unless I did it on accident and 2) I get e-mails all the time from Birchbox! I just checked my old mail & I have several from this week even. 

I asked her to put me back on the list and also asked how I would have opted out in the first place. 

That's so strange! I guess I'll have to email them about mine.

Thanks!

• Like 1

So, they responded. 

Of course it is your fault! Jeez Louise!!

• Like 2

So all sample choices went out of stock about an hour ago, with the eye make up remover being the last sample available. Hope all of us here managed to pick our samples!?!

Now there's numerous complaints being posted on Birchbox's FB page that they should not send out the e-mail anymore if everything is out stock. 

I kind of understand where people are coming from and I would definitely be annoyed as well, but Birchbox is offering the option to choose your sample as a little extra and is trying to promote people to reach Ace status so that they get first dibs on sample choice. I don't think that's unfair. Plus, as soon as we noticed yesterday that our e-mails were taking a while we took constructive steps to contact Birchbox about it rather than leave it to chance, so I don't get why all the complaining to be honest. I do feel bad for people that missed out though. 

• Like 5

So all sample choices went out of stock about an hour ago, with the eye make up remover being the last sample available. Hope all of us here managed to pick our samples!?!

Now there's numerous complaints being posted on Birchbox's FB page that they should not send out the e-mail anymore if everything is out stock. 

I kind of understand where people are coming from and I would definitely be annoyed as well, but Birchbox is offering the option to choose your sample as a little extra and is trying to promote people to reach Ace status so that they get first dibs on sample choice. I don't think that's unfair. Plus, as soon as we noticed yesterday that our e-mails were taking a while we took constructive steps to contact Birchbox about it rather than leave it to chance, so I don't get why all the complaining to be honest. I do feel bad for people that missed out though. 

You are so right. And it is so easy to reach Ace status, but even easier to refer a friend by giving Birchbox their email address.

• Like 2

I think all the emails for each group should be sent at the same time or they need to find a way to make it fairer for each group.  Some people are receiving their emails hours before others.  If they are both the same level, they should have the same chance to choose a sample.  I realize they have huge numbers of people to try to get through the site, but there has to be a better way to give everyone an equal chance at choosing a sample.

• Like 5

I got the curated box on my main account. It'll be my first time getting a curated box, but there's 4/5 things in that box I want. To me, that's really, really good.

I also made a second account, so I should be getting a "welcome box" sometime in the next few days (Anyone know what's coming in that this time around or is it ALWAYS the same? I remember in the welcome box for my main account, I got the Whish cream, Acure, some perfume, and something else (I don't remember what.)) But after that you get a late box that's left to chance, which is what I wanted. I just hope I don't get that sea salt spray. I'm up to my eyeballs in hair products and sprays don't really do anything for my hair, unless it's dry shampoo.

I rec'd a welcome box just this month (aka January); supposedly there are three categories of welcome boxes - classic, trendy, & customer favorites - and the gift-giver chooses which category of box you will get, though individual boxes w/in each category still may vary. At least that's what they were doing in December/ for gift subs purchased for/ around the holidays; I saw a short YouTube video on it that had a sample in boxing of both a men's & women's classic version of the welcome box. The box I received a few weeks ago did indicate that it was a Classic welcome box" on the card - not sure if my brother picked that one for me or it was sent randomly - & for what it's worth the box I rec'd was 100% different than the example if a woman's classic box in the video.

In my "Classic Welcome Box" I rec'd:

Whish shaving cream (grapefruit acai I think)

Catherine Malandrino perfume sample

Navy eyeliner (same one in Feb RTR box)

TheBalm Stainiac lip/cheek stain

Number 4 Super Comb Prime & Protect (hair leave-in conditioning/ detangling/ protectant spray)

Not the best box I've ever rec'd but certainly not bad. Personally I was happy to have everything but the perfume (I'm super picky in that realm). I ended up not enjoying the stain but was still glad to be able to try it. The other three items I actually really ended up liking.

My mom also rec'd a classic welcome box via a gift sub purchased at the same time/ by the same person & her box was identical to mine.

Hope this helps!

I think all the emails for each group should be sent at the same time or they need to find a way to make it fairer for each group.  Some people are receiving their emails hours before others.  If they are both the same level, they should have the same chance to choose a sample.  I realize they have huge numbers of people to try to get through the site, but there has to be a better way to give everyone an equal chance at choosing a sample.

I do think all the emails should be sent out at the same time instead of waves. Even if they do that though, there will still be complaints, lol.

• Like 1

I don't understand how they can run out of stock in the first place. They know how many subscribers they have. And many people who opt out still end up with one or even two PYS items anyway. I did not get an email for my second sub. I was actually thinking of leaving it up to chance to avoid taking something that someone really wanted since i already got to pick on my Aces. 

• Like 4

i always get mine between 11 am and 12 pm and im not an ace member, so its not birchbox's fault if they cant get to the computer, they know when they come, the same time every month lol but they only way i see someone frustrated is if they didnt get an email until 3 or 4pm 

Ugh, I waited until noon for the e-mail, then took a nap. Apparently, I got the email 30 minutes later and when I got back to the computer, all the samples were sold out. :(  I also don't understand how they can sell out. They know how many e-mails they are sending out. There should at least be that many samples. You know there are more than people pick from because people who don't pick get a random one in their box, so what's the deal? >.<

• Like 3

I could be way out of touch here, but I think pys emails should go out to the people who have been with bb longest. I just signed up in July and I would feel like that was fair...they must know that info because they send out promos for reaching 12, 24, 32 month anniversary's. 

*edited because I meant to say: sent out in waves from oldest to newest customers...not just the old timers, I wanna pick too!

Edited by sarap
  • Like 6

Ugh, I waited until noon for the e-mail, then took a nap. Apparently, I got the email 30 minutes later and when I got back to the computer, all the samples were sold out. :(  I also don't understand how they can sell out. They know how many e-mails they are sending out. There should at least be that many samples. You know there are more than people pick from because people who don't pick get a random one in their box, so what's the deal? >.<

I don't get it either, several times I even ended up with 2 of the choices in my box and I read all the time on here about people who didn't pick a sample getting boxes with them in it.  It doesn't make sense to me, but I can see a need to keep some reserve to accommodate mishaps/lost boxes etc.

I don't get it either, several times I even ended up with 2 of the choices in my box and I read all the time on here about people who didn't pick a sample getting boxes with them in it.  It doesn't make sense to me, but I can see a need to keep some reserve to accommodate mishaps/lost boxes etc.

I think it's because of the box variations in each box. People may end up with sample choices if there's no alternative box to ensure they don't receive duplicates?  :blink:

• Like 6

I think it's market research. They want to know what gets sold out the first. Then they send a wave to people who weren't interested to see if the green eggs and ham approach works. 

• Like 3

I think it's because of the box variations in each box. People may end up with sample choices if there's no alternative box to ensure they don't receive duplicates?  :blink:

Yep! Definitely that. I'm sure they have the box variations planned out well before the sample choice e-mails go out. 

I think it's market research. They want to know what gets sold out the first. Then they send a wave to people who weren't interested to see if the green eggs and ham approach works. 

You know, I bet this is totally it. Birchbox PR - the videos, the magazine, the social media accounts, and the kind of "friendly zomg lol bff" language used in all of these make it seem like the company is a bunch of gal pals hanging' out a la Babysitters Club and sharing samples...we can almost forget about the dark corporate side of things....

Yeah, but I still love beauty product samples, so I'm down with being a market research guinea pig  :blush:

• Like 10

You know, I bet this is totally it. Birchbox PR - the videos, the magazine, the social media accounts, and the kind of "friendly zomg lol bff" language used in all of these make it seem like the company is a bunch of gal pals hanging' out a la Babysitters Club and sharing samples...we can almost forget about the dark corporate side of things....

Yeah, but I still love beauty product samples, so I'm down with being a market research guinea pig  :blush:

Bring on the water tube and wheelie thing and just keep sending us those samples birchbox.

• Like 4