casey anne

Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

Since the Tocca handcream was so popular here last month, I thought I would mention that it is the featured product in this month's Blush Mystery Box. A $20 value according to the video.

• Like 2

box 45 has the mascara with the balm lipgloss i hope i get that one lol wish i could get a beauty blender but its only in 2 boxes i see and no mascara 

Clicky truck; shipped yesterday! I had unsubbed a couple of weeks and then resubbed a few days later. I didn't PYS, so I have no clue what I'm getting (cheat isn't working for me). I looked through a few of the boxes, but I don't have the ambition this month to go through them all, so I guess I'll REALLY be surprised...for the first time in a good year or so.  :wub:

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that when applying your points to an order it applies way too many points. I have been saving my points for awhile and I placed two different orders during the Ace 40% off thing and one was $10.80 and the other was $55.20. It applied 200 points to the first one and then 600 points to the second. I thought this was a little crazy because I would pay the extra $.80 or $5.20 instead of using 100 points. It used to not do that. I have already emailed customer service and I am sure they will make it right but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or experienced this. 

Has anyone else noticed that when applying your points to an order it applies way too many points. I have been saving my points for awhile and I placed two different orders during the Ace 40% off thing and one was $10.80 and the other was $55.20. It applied 200 points to the first one and then 600 points to the second. I thought this was a little crazy because I would pay the extra $.80 or $5.20 instead of using 100 points. It used to not do that. I have already emailed customer service and I am sure they will make it right but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or experienced this.

As far as I know, BB has always done this. This is why so many work so hard at cart Tetris to get it as close to an even dollar amount (in increments of $10) as possible. I had the same issue during the Ace sale with having a total of $21.80. They wanted to apply 300 points so I added a couple more items to get my order to $29.75. I feel much better using 300 points for that. I do hope customer service refunds you some points. Let us know what they say.

• Like 4

I will defiantly let you know. I guess it has changed a little since I last ordered something. It's been months since I ordered so I will have to remember that. Thank you. 

Oh good to know. They never use to do do this.

Oh good to know. They never use to do do this.

I can't tell if this is new but it happened to me. I've also noticed if you are playing cart tetris you might suddenly lose the option to simply buy something on a credit card alone. I wanted to reactivate my second sub and it was trying to use points. In future. That would have been awesome except it was going to use 200 points not 100 because of the 80 cents in tax. I was able to clear my cart and get back to the normal payment screen.  From now on I plan ahead, either to make large purchases with tons of points or small purchases on accounts that only have 100 points.

I will admit that I tend to have mixed feelings about things like this. I agree that billing terms and cancellation policies should be made clear at signup, but it does not take much effort to figure them out either. Isn't that why FAQ's exist? Or customer service?

Honestly, I always thought Birchbox was one of the more transparent subs as far as that goes.  It says "monthly" when you sign up.  It doesn't say "single month."  "Monthly" implies recurring.  Plus there are FAQs on the site.  Plus, it is super easy to cancel -- online, without contacting CS.  And when you log into your account, it says "cancel subscription."  Again, "subscription" implies recurring.  I really don't know how much more they could do to make it clear.

• Like 2

The following boxes have Marcelle Eye Makeup Remover: 13, 17, 20, 24, 25, 26, 34, 35, 37, 41 and 42.

I determined now that I can only receive 13, 24, 25, 35 and 41. The finger-tapping has begun. Lol

• Like 2

Box 24 has the makeup remover and Posiebalm!

I won't get this, I'm pretty sure I've had the Catherine Malandrino perfume on every account.  But that's OK because I actually don't like Posiebalm very much (there is something really weird to me about flower flavors in lip products).  Also I have a rather large Posiebalm deluxe sample that is almost completely untouched, so I don't need another.

As far as I know, BB has always done this. This is why so many work so hard at cart Tetris to get it as close to an even dollar amount (in increments of $10) as possible. I had the same issue during the Ace sale with having a total of $21.80. They wanted to apply 300 points so I added a couple more items to get my order to $29.75. I feel much better using 300 points for that. I do hope customer service refunds you some points. Let us know what they say.

Yeah, this is why if I'm paying with points, I order something that's like $1 or $2 more than my number of points.  So I have to pay a little out of pocket but I usually have at least a few points left over that way and I don't lose any.

• Like 1

for birchbox to be sued, someone had to have done the complaining, and who the heck doesnt read what your getting into before throwing your credit card number out there. i watched youtube videos for literally like 2 months of current and past month unboxings and reviews before i signed up for any. i have birchbox, boxycharm, and ipsy. i dont know but to me? i dont think this will get anywhere. i think it will be thrown out of court if it goes there.

for birchbox to be sued, someone had to have done the complaining, and who the heck doesnt read what your getting into before throwing your credit card number out there. i watched youtube videos for literally like 2 months of current and past month unboxings and reviews before i signed up for any. i have birchbox, boxycharm, and ipsy. i dont know but to me? i dont think this will get anywhere. i think it will be thrown out of court if it goes there.

I haven't been following this too carefully, but it sounds like a class action brought under a California law about auto-renewals. I hope BB stands its ground and doesn't cave like Redbull. I've yet to hear anyone complaining that the renewal was a surprise. This isn't like one of those cd clubs from the 90s where you could order a cd for a penny and then get walloped with a $100 bill later for a bunch of cds you didn't want. 

• Like 1

The following boxes have Marcelle Eye Makeup Remover: 13, 17, 20, 24, 25, 26, 34, 35, 37, 41 and 42.

I determined now that I can only receive 13, 24, 25, 35 and 41. The finger-tapping has begun. Lol

Thanks for posting this sleuthing!  I am going to check these out since choosing the eye makeup remover was my original game plan and then I changed to RTR at the last minute.  No I can see what I may or may not have missed out on.  

I got box 51 I guess.  It shows I'm getting :    

Paula's Choice BHA Exfolient -  It says it is for acne which I don't have and my                                                                          profile  says dry skin. (Good Job Birchbox)

Gilchrist and Soames shower gel - I don't like their stuff.  Rated them really low and will                                                                 do so again. (Thanks for listening Birchbox)

The Balm Lip Gloss - I'm okay with this.

Sea Salt spray - My PYS  ( I hoped picking this would bring me a good box)

Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal perfume - Just okay.

Not a win for me Birchbox.  One of the worst so far.  Oh well I probably should quit because I don't like skincare anyway and this subscription always wants to always give me skincare that has nothing to do with what I told them about my skin.

Sorry I can't get this to line up right.

Edited by tamberella

I don't know if it's just me, but I have been having a really hard time getting birchbox to load this morning.

Not the best month for me either:

Eyeko liquid liner

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser

BeeKind Body Lotion

Marcella Makeup Remover (my PYS)

Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal Perfume

Kind of sad that I am most excited about my perfume sample lol. I'm hoping that I am just judging these products harshly and they will end up being amazing lol

• Like 1

First Sub: 

Bee Kind Body Lotion

Toni&Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum

Harvey Prince Ageless

Benefit Roller Lash 

Second Sub:

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Coola Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint

amika Nourishing Mask 

Harvey Prince Sincerely

Marcelle Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

:(  Not too happy about this month

wow, I still can't see my box on either account.

Edit to say yes I can now on one of my. Worst.box.ever. and  completely regretting I signed up for a second box again.

Of course, shampoo and conditioner. The thing  I hate the most. Harvey prince no less because I have every single other brand except this one.

Eyeko liner. Already got in previous box so if it is black, I am calling to complain.

Perfume. I don't wear it.

And that terrible gilchrest and soames body lotion.

Edited by H_D

My prediction is that I will get 42, since it's the least appealing box with the makeup remover I've seen so far.

Side note, but I was going back to see if I'd already got Harvey Prince Hello (no, sadly), and the boxes I got the first time I subscribed back in 2012 were way better, in general. And I almost always got more than 5 things.

Ha! I am indeed getting this box. Sigh. It's like my profile is telling them the opposite of what I want. I don't get it. 

It has: Harvey Prince Hello, Gilchrist and Soames Body Wash (UGH!), Posiebalm (I've heard this is the tiniest sample ever), Marcelle Makeup Remover, and Davines shampoo and conditioner (will they be foils?)

Boooooooring. No skin care, on the plus side, but I would have taken that over more damned perfume and G&S.

• Like 1

I'm getting a second sub for the first time this month because I ordered the RTR on my first account.  I'm getting box 28.  It has the new Benefit roller lash but also Gilchrist and Soames lotion, HP Hello (which I got in my very first box February of last year), and Coola matte tint :( Also a Davines shampoo and serum for color treated hair.  My hair isn't colored, but I was thinking about coloring it so I wonder if I should take this as a sign from the universe to do it.

• Like 1

First Sub: 

Bee Kind Body Lotion

Toni&Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum

Harvey Prince Ageless

Benefit Roller Lash 

Second Sub:

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Coola Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint

amika Nourishing Mask 

Harvey Prince Sincerely

Marcelle Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

:(  Not too happy about this month

How are you seeing your box? This is my first month back in 4 or 5 months.

I just looked at my profile, and it says I want makeup and nail polish, and I picked adventurous and trendy. And this is what they give me? I honestly can't see any link between my profile and the boxes I've been getting. Maybe I need to stop doing PYS and let the profile do its magic. Although last month I didn't get my PYS and they still sent me a terrible box. Black eyeliner, AHA mask, bland cleanser, etc.