casey anne

Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

birchbox messed up and "sold out" of my RTR box, even though I had reserved it properly. They surprised me last week by sending it via UPS.

Yet they are sending me RTR and I reserved the saly spray.

Birchbox is having another 40% off sale, but this time it seems that it's not only for Aces, but for everyone. It's the Hibernate in Style Sale and seems to be mostly jewelry, teas, wallets and apparel: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/hibernate-in-style?limit=all

Thanks for pushing me over my no more spending this month Birchbox  -_-

I used the code and 200 points on a J. Fold wallet in green. I got a red one in my BB Man when they sampled them last Summer. I've used it every day since. I wanted the green one, but I couldn't justify the price, even with points, until now. I also ordered a Men's Mystery Pick-2. Women's is out of stock. Not bad for $1 out-of-pocket.

• Like 3

Is there a March Spoilers thread started anywhere? I looked, but didn't see it.

I found the Birchbox Plus items for March:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/box-upgrades

(I am such an impatient and obsessive lunatic when it comes to Birchbox. I stalk the site looking for "sneak-peeks," search blogs for spoilers, and then when I get my actual box, it's like 5 minutes of SQUEE!!* and then I'm over it, and looking for next month...)  :blush:

*Actually based on what I get in the boxes, it's more like

1. SQUEE!!

2. meh.

3. meh. 

4. wha the....??

5. meh....well...maybe...no...meh...hmm...ok, lowercasesquee....kinda. 

• Like 4

Is there a March Spoilers thread started anywhere? I looked, but didn't see it.

I found the Birchbox Plus items for March:

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/box-upgrades

(I am such an impatient and obsessive lunatic when it comes to Birchbox. I stalk the site looking for "sneak-peeks," search blogs for spoilers, and then when I get my actual box, it's like 5 minutes of SQUEE!!* and then I'm over it, and looking for next month...)  :blush:

*Actually based on what I get in the boxes, it's more like

1. SQUEE!!

2. meh.

3. meh. 

4. wha the....??

5. meh....well...maybe...no...meh...hmm...ok, lowercasesquee....kinda. 

I found that link too, and I made a March spoilers thread a few minutes ago. I see that you posted here a bit before that. Credit where credit is due. ;)

• Like 2

In the spirit of an impatient crazy person, I started posted in the March thread:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135943-birchbox-march-2015-spoilers/

And guess what? I found the sample choice video for March, using my state-of-the-art-in-1997-internet-skills. It's in my post over on the march thread! 

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee
  • Like 1

I found that link too, and I made a March spoilers thread a few minutes ago. I see that you posted here a bit before that. Credit where credit is due. ;)

lolz! can we combine 'em?

EDIT: I defer to @@DoctorToaster, and I posted the video link in her thread :) I don't know how to close the one I started, however.

Sorry for being n0obish!

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee
  • Like 1

In the spirit of an impatient crazy person, I started the March thread:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135944-birchbox-march-2015-spoilers/

And guess what? I found the sample choice video for March, using my state-of-the-art-in-1997-internet-skills. It's in my post over on the march thread! 

Omg that necklace is adorable! And Dear Clark in the currated box! OMG!!!!

• Like 2

I emailed BB because my tracking for this month's box hasn't updated since February 4th.  I reserved the Rent the Runway box during PYS, but the Rep. said they would only be able to send a random replacement box. Super bummed because I was looking forward to all the samples in the box I had reserved. :(

Thank you so much for posting this @@graquarius!  I have wanted the Kate Spade purse since I saw it:

Kate Spade Saturday The Weekender Tote

ColorSteel Blue/Lagoon 4IRU0255-9341 $175.00

Benefit Cosmetics Puff Off!6020040622151 $29.00

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack58231 $10.00

Subtotal $214.00 Shipping & Handling$0.00Discount (VIP Free Shipping, Hibernate in Style 40% Off Discount, HIBERNATE, Free Sample Pack with $35+ Purchase)-$80.00400 reward points-$40.00

Grand Total$94.00

So excited to get this order!!!

Please let me know when you receive the tote bag!!! Would you be able to post a picture? Because I am very interested in getting it when it's back in stock.  :D Thank you!!!!

04 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

Thank goodness I am getting a decent box because Ipsy (who normally loves me) gave me a case of the sads today. I am getting"

Benefit Porefessional (have a few of these already but not upset to get another)

English Laundry (have a bunch of these but LOVE this so don't mind)

G&S Spa Body Wash (I may be the only person who likes their London body lotion so I'm ok trying this)

the Balm lip gloss (I LOVE the Balm and this is new to me)

Makeup Remover (my PYS)

No shampoo and no conditioner for the WIN! I still think all perfume boxes should get 6 samples but that's just me. This one is on the pricier side so I suppose the value is there.

Still don't have my box and my tracking doesn't even have an expected deliver date. This is the latest I've ever gone without my box and when I logged in to BB they CHANGED one of my samples. The perfume (which I really, REALLY wanted) is now being replaced with...wait for it... SHAMPOO. I'm starting to hate Birchbox a little.

I emailed BB because my tracking for this month's box hasn't updated since February 4th.  I reserved the Rent the Runway box during PYS, but the Rep. said they would only be able to send a random replacement box. Super bummed because I was looking forward to all the samples in the box I had reserved. :(

The same thing happened to me. *sigh* I am kind of hoping that the original one will show up in the end, but am not holding my breath. My replacement box has a couple of the things from the curated box, so I can tell they tried to make it right, but I am still disappointed.

They keep sending me only skincare stuff.  I want more makeup, dammit!  I don't want to have to unsubscribe.  I've finally got my skincare back on lock, so I don't want to risk using a new skincare item and having my skin react badly.  

I do go back and forth with wanting skincare more and wanting makeup more, but now I want makeupmakeupmakeup.  

Edited by LethalLesal
  • Like 1

Hello.  This is my first post on this site though I have been following it for a while.  I have read that there is some trick to see what all the monthly boxes are.  Could someone explain the trick please?  Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello.  This is my first post on this site though I have been following it for a while.  I have read that there is some trick to see what all the monthly boxes are.  Could someone explain the trick please?  Thank you.

Hi! Sure - just enter this link on your browser and it should take you to your February box: https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2015/2

However, it does depend when you signed up. If you signed up before the 1st, you should be able to see it, but if you signed up recently, I would say wait 48 hours from the date your payment goes through and hopefully it should work 

• Like 1

Hi! Sure - just enter this link on your browser and it should take you to your February box: https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2015/2

However, it does depend when you signed up. If you signed up before the 1st, you should be able to see it, but if you signed up recently, I would say wait 48 hours from the date your payment goes through and hopefully it should work 

Oh, sorry!  I guess I wasn't clear.  I know my box as it has already arrived.  Maybe I misinterpreted but I thought I'd read that there is a way to see all the other boxes that I did not receive.

Edited by cpl100

The same thing happened to me. *sigh* I am kind of hoping that the original one will show up in the end, but am not holding my breath. My replacement box has a couple of the things from the curated box, so I can tell they tried to make it right, but I am still disappointed.

After leaving Mt Juliet (which is 5 miles from me), my box evidently traveled to New Jersey, then Indiana and now has been "stuck" in Atlanta for about 5 days. That is one stupid way to get to Nashville. This is my first month with Birchbox and I'm very disappointed with their shipping. I'm going to give it a few more days and then will email customer service, as this is nuts. I was so excited to get my first box, and now i'm really bummed. I'll give BB another month, but if this is how its going to go, I'm going to have to cancel. 

Please let me know when you receive the tote bag!!! Would you be able to post a picture? Because I am very interested in getting it when it's back in stock.  :D Thank you!!!!

I will post pics as soon as I get it.  I got an email yesterday that my order would be delayed due to bad weather.  :(

• Like 1

After leaving Mt Juliet (which is 5 miles from me), my box evidently traveled to New Jersey, then Indiana and now has been "stuck" in Atlanta for about 5 days. That is one stupid way to get to Nashville. This is my first month with Birchbox and I'm very disappointed with their shipping. I'm going to give it a few more days and then will email customer service, as this is nuts. I was so excited to get my first box, and now i'm really bummed. I'll give BB another month, but if this is how its going to go, I'm going to have to cancel. 

I have found that shipping companies are very odd/inefficient in the way they move packages.  And it's not only subscription boxes.  For example, take my recent Amazon purchase.  I placed my order not knowing the company is located two towns away from me.  It went from their shop, to a different town next to me (and passed through my town to get there as my town is in between).  There it 'started' it's journey.  It then went to the consolidation facility in the next state and then back to the post office in yet a different town next to me and then to me.  So it visited three of the four towns surrounding me and a different state.   I was so miffed I actually called FedEx when it went to the next state!

Oh, sorry!  I guess I wasn't clear.  I know my box as it has already arrived.  Maybe I misinterpreted but I thought I'd read that there is a way to see all the other boxes that I did not receive.

Sure!! Just enter this link in your browser and then replace the number at the end with the next box number, i.e. 1, 2, 3, and so on.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2015/february-2015-bb1

I think this month there were about 60+ variations :) 

• Like 3

I will post pics as soon as I get it.  I got an email yesterday that my order would be delayed due to bad weather.  :(

Thanks so much!!! Yes I know, I ordered some tea and I got the same notification. The weather has been making things crazy for the last couple of weeks, but hopefully it will be with you soon  :)

• Like 1