casey anne

Birchbox February 2015 (Spoilers)

After leaving Mt Juliet (which is 5 miles from me), my box evidently traveled to New Jersey, then Indiana and now has been "stuck" in Atlanta for about 5 days. That is one stupid way to get to Nashville. This is my first month with Birchbox and I'm very disappointed with their shipping. I'm going to give it a few more days and then will email customer service, as this is nuts. I was so excited to get my first box, and now i'm really bummed. I'll give BB another month, but if this is how its going to go, I'm going to have to cancel.

That's the usual route every month. Basically it's the reason we get free shipping on our boxes. Also, the boxes don't necessarily get scanned at every stop, so they can be moving from city to city without the tracking reflecting it.

Hi! Sure - just enter this link on your browser and it should take you to your February box: https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2015/2

I happened to mention this on BB's facebook page to someone whose 'your box' link wasn't showing up.  Birchbox replied saying not to use the link because it wouldn't necessarily show you the correct samples and the reviews might not credit points to your account correctly.  

That said, I had to use the link to do my reviews and it worked out perfectly... sooooooo yeah.

• Like 2

Sure!! Just enter this link in your browser and then replace the number at the end with the next box number, i.e. 1, 2, 3, and so on.

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2015/february-2015-bb1

I think this month there were about 60+ variations :)

Thank you for sharing that.  There were very, very few boxes that did not have fragrance.  Is it always like that?  Does anyone know the answer to this:  I know you are not supposed to get the same thing twice; however, some products come in both men's and women's boxes.  If you subscribe to both and you get a product in one type of box, does that prevent you from getting it in the other?

Thank you for sharing that.  There were very, very few boxes that did not have fragrance.  Is it always like that?  Does anyone know the answer to this:  I know you are not supposed to get the same thing twice; however, some products come in both men's and women's boxes.  If you subscribe to both and you get a product in one type of box, does that prevent you from getting it in the other?

Fragrances are very common in boxes from experience.

I remember seeing someone ask Birchbox about something similar on fb and Birchbox replied that you can get the same product in a man's and woman's box because they are considered to be different subscriptions.  I think they said something along those lines, but you should double check! 

• Like 1

@@nikkiaust17 I moved your post and then realized you had already posted in the March one so I deleted it. Hope that is ok. I can undelete if needed. :)

• Like 1

Yes, I did it! After fighting with myself for so long, I finally opened that second account in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Did I receive it? Nope! I am getting an average (meh-ish) box:
1. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (Already received two in my original account)
2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain

3. Lord & Berry Pailettes Eye Pencil (Already received one in my original account)

4. Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream (Already received one in my original account)

5. BeeKind™ Shampoo

Anyway, at least I received 100 points using the code "JILLIAN" and 50 points in my original account for referral. So, I can consider this as a free box ;)
Fingers crossed for March :)

• Like 2

Yes, I did it! After fighting with myself for so long, I finally opened that second account in the hopes of receiving a Beauty Blender. Did I receive it? Nope! I am getting an average (meh-ish) box:

1. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (Already received two in my original account)

2. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain

3. Lord & Berry Pailettes Eye Pencil (Already received one in my original account)

4. Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream (Already received one in my original account)

5. BeeKind™ Shampoo

^^That box is the most Birchbox-ish box EVER.

I think I am one of maybe 7 subscribers who has never received that Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (on either of two subs). I've been curious to try it for like, a year now. It seems others have gotten it in abundance....I suppose I could get a trade list going...

...but then I'll have confront how my beauty product "assortment" has morphed into an all out hoarding situation. 

Nah, I'll stick with denial and avoidance  :blink2:

• Like 3

I've got the Beauty Protector on multiple occasions and I just stick in the drawer :)

• Like 1

I've got the Beauty Protector on multiple occasions and I just stick in the drawer :)

I like beauty protector, too :) The size is great for carry-on luggage, I already finished one in Bermuda over Christmas. I will keep this one for another vacation.

^^That box is the most Birchbox-ish box EVER.

I think I am one of maybe 7 subscribers who has never received that Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (on either of two subs). I've been curious to try it for like, a year now. It seems others have gotten it in abundance....I suppose I could get a trade list going...

...but then I'll have confront how my beauty product "assortment" has morphed into an all out hoarding situation. 

Nah, I'll stick with denial and avoidance  :blink2:

:D Hoarder over here, too.

I have never tried trading, don't know how that works. If I ever trade, I would probably put shampoo-conditioner, hair spray, and perfume samples (if anybody wants them) out for trade.

I like the Beauty Protector and Hello cream. But I really dislike that eye pencil, it's teeny tiny and really hard to apply (does not glide easily).

Denial and avoidance sounds like a good plan, I'll join you on that  :P

• Like 3

I'm putting this here because I ordered the Home Sweet Homespun as my February Birchbox Plus.

When I opened the box, it felt that there was a powdery substance on some items. On further examination, I noticed that the tin for the cookie mix wasn't closed properly, a bag of flour had opened and some of it had spilled into the box. I am leery of using the mix now and wondered if I wrote to Birchbox if they would replace the tin. Everything else was sealed/seemed fine.

I'm putting this here because I ordered the Home Sweet Homespun as my February Birchbox Plus.

When I opened the box, it felt that there was a powdery substance on some items. On further examination, I noticed that the tin for the cookie mix wasn't closed properly, a bag of flour had opened and some of it had spilled into the box. I am leery of using the mix now and wondered if I wrote to Birchbox if they would replace the tin. Everything else was sealed/seemed fine.

It's worth contacting them. They are usually good at replacing items that arrive broken or unusable.

• Like 2

I am wondering if anyone else encountered this problem. I reserved the RTR box last month when I received Early Access sample choice. I opened my box when it came and it was the Valentine's Day box that was pretty much a "welcome box" even though I have been subscribed to bb for awhile now. I emailed bb and they assured me that they would sent me the RTR box asap. Well, I received the box today and it was the same Valentine's box that I received the first time!! I am so frustrated because I have been waiting for the RTR box because I was so excited to try every single product. Instead, I received a box of things I wasn't interested in trying at all TWICE!! I just sent bb another email hoping that they still even have the RTR box in stock. Who knows though..I might receive the Valentine's one for a third time

Did anyone who got the dry shampoo in the RTR box have their can magically stop working??

I really liked it from the three or so times I used a bit, but when I went to use it this morning it seemed like all the propellant was gone. I've used similar samples for weeks before they ran out - and it usually is the powder, not the propellant! I can shake the sample and hear product inside. Sad morning!!  :(

Did anyone who got the dry shampoo in the RTR box have their can magically stop working??

I really liked it from the three or so times I used a bit, but when I went to use it this morning it seemed like all the propellant was gone. I've used similar samples for weeks before they ran out - and it usually is the powder, not the propellant! I can shake the sample and hear product inside. Sad morning!!  :(

Mine stopped as well.  After doing some research online, I see this is a common problem with this particular dry shampoo.  Quite disappointed.

Mine stopped as well.  After doing some research online, I see this is a common problem with this particular dry shampoo.  Quite disappointed.

This is actually a problem with dry shampoos in general. It's like buying a goldfish. If it survives more than a month you are lucky. This is why I like getting mini cans from BB. When they die I'm only wasting a small amount of product.  :unsure:

• Like 1

My box finally came today. I'm really happy with it. Glad I left it up to chance. I'm looking forward to trying the Marcella Makeup Removed and the derma e. I already tried the The Balm lip gloss and really liked it. The shade was good also. I like soaps so the Proper Bar soap sample is great. Also got the BeeKind conditioner. Overall a good one for me because I'll be able to use everything in the box.

• Like 2

My box finally came today. I'm really happy with it. Glad I left it up to chance. I'm looking forward to trying the Marcella Makeup Removed and the derma e. I already tried the The Balm lip gloss and really liked it. The shade was good also. I like soaps so the Proper Bar soap sample is great. Also got the BeeKind conditioner. Overall a good one for me because I'll be able to use everything in the box.

I just re subbed last week (my Feb box is on its way) and according to my box page I'm getting this same box. Overall I'm pleased - I should be able to use everything even if nothing is super exciting. I am in the market for some new eye makeup remover so that sample will be really timely.

• Like 1

Does this work for the mens' box as well?  Thanks!

It doesn't, as far as I know. The men's Bb only samples about 30 products total every month, though, and while watching Bb Man openings on YouTube, I've never seen more than 7 box variations in 1 month. There are probably more, but after seeing the same products over and over, I get bored and exasperated with the lack of variety, so I just wait until the 25th if I want to see what's in the men's boxes.

• Like 2