Sunglasses & Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't changed the brand of makeup I've worn for years (or my sunglasses for about 2) and I NEVER used to have a problem with my sunglasses leaving a streak on the sides of my nose. It's to the point where I don't even want to wear my sunglasses because it leaves a mark! (and also upsets my husband because they weren't cheap) Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening? I do the whole foundation, concealer and powder thing so I deff need help because I'm tried of having it! I want to enjoy my glasses! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eugh that happens to me too and I don't know what to do. It happens with my regular eyeglasses. I'm not sure what to do to stop it, However, maybe you changed moisturizer, or your skin has changed. Is it more oily than usual? Perhaps if you blot your nose from time to time during the day it'll stop? I'll give this a try too. 

By the way, have you tried using foundation primer just on the nose area? I have not yet, but I'll give it ago!

Eugh that happens to me too and I don't know what to do. It happens with my regular eyeglasses. I'm not sure what to do to stop it, However, maybe you changed moisturizer, or your skin has changed. Is it more oily than usual? Perhaps if you blot your nose from time to time during the day it'll stop? I'll give this a try too. 

By the way, have you tried using foundation primer just on the nose area? I have not yet, but I'll give it ago!
I was thinking of putting Glo Minerals translucent powder and put extra on my nose. Come to think about it I did change my moisturizer a few months ago. I wonder if that's the reason! I don't seem to notice it with my prescription glasses but I don't wear them like I should!

When do you wear your sunglasses?  Is it just on the way to/from somewhere you'll be spending a long time  - like school or work - or are you constantly wearing them for little periods all through the day?

If the former, try not putting makeup on the spots where your sunglasses rest, then touching up those areas once you get to your destination.  

Hint to anyone who wears glasses full-time:  you don't need to apply foundation/makeup to the area where your glasses rest.  no-one will see those areas and your glasses will just smoosh the makeup off anyway.  Took me forever to work this out.

I don't wear them all the time, only when i'm driving. and I use foundation, concealer and powder so that might look funny if I don't put make up on there when I don't wear them all day :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i know what you mean, the same problem!! 

honestly, when you are done wearing them, keep a translucent compact on you just to dab & blend those areas. it will go right away.

Accessories are important as long as they compliment your dress. The best part of carrying any accessory like glasses or belts is that it depends on how do you carry it. 

Back