Sign in to follow this  
bunni

Languages you speak

1. What is your native tongue?

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they?

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

I am fascinated by languages plus we have so many diverse people here! So come on tell us your language abilities, even if you know sign language or speak only English, mkayyy. Discuss. thanks!!!:icon_chee

1. What is your native tongue? English

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Unfortunately only english.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I'd love to finish learning Spanish. It's a very popular language in the US. I wouldn't mind knowing four or five different languages. French wouldn't definitely be next on my list. Also, I'd like to finish w/ the little Japanese I learned. German would be cool. I'd love to learn them all. Knowledge is power.

yay i love this

i speak french. its the only language i speak. i speak a lil english too

id like to learn too many languages but im currently learning japanese and italian. =)

1. Russian, I was born in Russia and moved to the U.S when I was about 8 years old.

2. Two, English and Russian

3. An ancient language that nobody speaks anymore, like Ancient Egyptian. I would also like to learn French or German.

I speak English and Spanish ;)

I would like to learn more Finnish, since Reija is from Finland

1. What is your native tongue? German

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? German, English and um...I´m gonna be brave and add italian. I was good in high school (studied it for 6 years) but now that I´m in College I have no practice anymore.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why?

I´d like to make my italian better

also my Spanish (only had it for 2 years...I understand a lot more than I can speak. but it was the easiest language I learned)

had Latin in high school too (4 years) but I seriously hate it. it´s f****** hard!!! way too complicated. and you can´t speak it cause it´s a dead language so why torture students with it?

French is something I want to learn when I`m retired, I know this is a language you´re gonna have to put a lot of effort into to be fluent

My first language is English.

I used to be able to speak a lot of Japanese when I lived in Japan, but I'm really out of practice.

I would like to brush up on Japanese, and also learn Cantonese and Spanish becasue a lot of people in this area speak those languages. I'd also love to learn Welsh because it looks so funny, and Polish and Cherokee because that is my ancestry.

1. What is your native tongue? Icelandic

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? Of course Icelandic, good English, I can manage a bit in Danish, French and German, know a few words in Spanish but can't hold a conversation

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? I'd like to study German and Spanish better

I speak only English fluently (born in the USA) and I know a few words here and there in Korean.

I did study Spanish for two years way back in high school and at that time I could read, write and converse fluently. Well....not any more! Nowadays I understand only a little from being around my in-laws. My parents would speak Italian whenever they didn't want me and my siblings to understand:icon_lol:

I am proud to say I can curse in several languages though ! LOL

ok, that's more info than you asked for, right?:icon_redf

My primary Language is English

My secondary one is Espanol baby...

I know a tiny bit of French.

Lastly I would love to learn Italian and French, the romance languages!:icon_love

1= Dutch, Hindi and Surinams

2= Dutch, Hindi, surinams, English, German + I did know how to speak

French, but I forgot it now cuz it`s not something I speak daily.

3= Italian, Antillians, Russian, Chineze, Javaans, some Arabian languages and

Spanish which I know a little already

1. What is your native tongue? Spanish... I was born in Mexico.

2. How many languages do you speak fluently? What are they? English, Spanish and I used to be able to say French but don't practice it enough.

3. What languages would you like to learn and why? French and italian.

Awww,. awesomeTony ,...:icon_smil ,..You verry nice man:icon_bigg

Myboyfriend too learn my taongue langue ,.and now he more be cleaver than

me,..hehehe,..I am lucky have him in my life,..I learn his language and he learn my language:icon_bigg

+*I am speak In japan,..litle bit English,..and Indonesia

+:I want learn France language ,..and Italian language,..teh reason becouse they are gorgeous,..i love learn for fashion and italian food heheh:icon_chee

oh sorry I forgot to put the translation, thanks though!!! i mean spasibo!!!:icon_smil

how cool is that!! we find our co-language buddies through this thread!!!

Well, I only speak English fluently, but my parents are Dutch-Indonesian and Dutch is their first language. But when they came to the U.S. they were told by someone that "you're in America now, you should only teach your daughter English." My Mom regrets ever listening to her. I do speak a little Dutch, and I understand it very well. And, I sing Dutch songs to my children every night, too.

My mom has made it her mission to speak Dutch to my children, so that they can learn it fluently. I'm learning more each day, too!