Chronic Acne...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it contains herbal ingredients, it feels cool and soft. I have sensitive skin, but it brings no stimulation at all.

ah... I see... that's a hard one because your skin is sensitive... benzoyl peroxide probably isn't the best for your skin... why not try a sulfur based regimen, its known to clear up acne lesions and redness from rosacea, plus its known to dry up acne pimples.

thanks for your recommendation. But I trust my beauty adviser, and now my acne has been treated. So I wont change it

Thats why I'm asking. I was wondering if there was something out there that really could work without me having to put out money in order to just diagnose this issue, then pay for prescriptions, because I'm definitely not going to go to a laser clinic to have them burn my pimples off so they can return. 

@@glowandglam I love Paula's Choice acne line, the whole thing is fantastic. I've been battling acne until last year (i'm 37), turns out my skin is extremely lazy about exfoliation and their liquid exfoliator has change my skin. 

I'm also a big fan of Paula's Choice. My skin can be pretty sensitive and switching to their gentle products and BHA has helped me a lot.

You may also want to consider seeing a licensed esthetician, if you do not want to see a dermatologist. Depending on the situation, they may even be a better option. 

I've been researching an exfoliation... and thanks guys I appreciate it... I actually have found out that by exfoliating when you are experiencing acne, its just like getting botox, you create new skin cells of course but the underlieing problem still remains. They say its best to detox your skin first, then go to exfoliating for texture.... even a medicated exfoliator isn't the answer to acne... I'm looking at a couple of products so I'll post when I find out more. 

Most acne, other then cystic, is caused by bacteria and clogged pores from dead skin cells and excess sebum.

Also you don't have toxicity in your skin... Impurities maybe, toxins no. Products touting "cleans out toxins" are just using buzz words.

*I hope that doesn't come across sparky... Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back