lauradiniwilk

PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

I think a candle snuffer is such a great idea! So fabulous! Also, I really can't get enough of candles; :sunshine:  so a big candle with a wonderful light floral scent would be perfect. And there absolutely has to be chocolate in the Feb box!

• Like 1

I bet they "sold out" because they wanted to make sure they could all ship and arrive by the 14th.

And I bet that anyone who checks the waitlist will get a Feb box (but after the 14th).

Makes sense to me for them to do that in order to make sure their regular subscribers get the box by the 14th.

The last few boxes have been so great, I hardly know what to imagine for a Valentines box!  Did they have someone new take over curation!? :D

• Like 5

Wow, so February is already sold out, like before it was even breathed about, really? What's up with that? I barely get a chance to tell my friends to subscribe with the discount code and it's gone in just hours?

The site says March boxes are up for sale. What should I tell her to do? Does the wait (check)box option ever work? She'll be moving mid March, I don't know if I should encourage her to try that or not. How would she find out which box they will send her?

I think a lot of people subscribed with the half off code last month.  They won't cancel until that ships out.  My husband got me a second box under his name.  After it ships he will cancel. So that could be why they don't have very many February boxes unspoken for. 

Wait.  I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

I wonder why MSA is saying it's sold out...

*Don't mind me, I'm losing my marbles!*

Edited by Saffyra
  • Like 4

Wait.  I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

Glossybox and Popsugar are two different subs.  Glossybox might not be sold out but Popsugar claims to be on their website, which is what MSA had reported.

• Like 1

Glossybox and Popsugar are two different subs.  Glossybox might not be sold out but Popsugar claims to be on their website, which is what MSA had reported.

*sheepish*

LOL!! I'm going crazy!  Thank you for pointing out that I've got my subs confused >.<  I need some sleep apparently.

I wonder what email to use

I was wondering the same thing... I mean, it just says "email us". LOL.

Maybe try leavin a comment on the post and see if she'll put out an email, or email PS direct and address it to her?

I think a candle snuffer is such a great idea! So fabulous! Also, I really can't get enough of candles; :sunshine:  so a big candle with a wonderful light floral scent would be perfect. And there absolutely has to be chocolate in the Feb box!

i still have the chalkboard candle and another from past boxes! if you are interested and want to trade anything let me know!

I am dying to know what's in this box for some reason! I hope there is something time sensitive like movie tickets or a voucher people might prefer to use for Valentine's Day. I would love 50 Shades of Grey tickets or a free bouquet from the bouqs.com as others have mentioned.

As for other items, I would love a makeup brush set or something spa-related, maybe a bath/shower item? A nice scrubby soap would be a good change of pace for my dry winter legs. http://www.sephora.com/seaberry-exfoliating-soap-P374544?skuId=1439777

I am hoping the food is Valentine's Day themed. Gourmet chocolate bars, pink and red gummies or truffles would be great. A mini fondue set would be cute too although I think that might not fit in the outer box.

I would really like to see a home item in this box. A room or linen spray would be nice, or a wax warmer with a coupon for free wax melts. A fancy pen for writing valentines would be one of those things from PopSugar I would cherish even though I'd never buy it for myself. http://www.katespade.com/To-do-List-Ball-Point-Pen/133745,en_US,pd.html

• Like 4

Wait. I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

*Don't mind me, I'm losing my marbles!*[/quote

lmao glossy box January is now sold out.. how weird I received the email right after I read this]

• Like 1

Three words: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

They could give us a gift card to one of the dozens of places that will deliver those, or they could give us a kit to make our own (Bring your own berries) OR they could give us a chocolate strawberry flavored tea. The David's Tea Love #7 is a personal favorite.

And for the love of all that is holy, a piece of bling.

• Like 4

I didn't realize that the gift orders are now recurring charges. I ordered a second Jan box at half off. I was going to cancel my 2nd Feb box, however I'm considering holding on to it since it is sold out now. I often love the PS items enough to want 2 and the other stuff will be more swappable since the box is sold out. But if its a time sensitive item like movie tickets or something then it might be a waste of $40. What do you guys think. Keep 2nd Feb box or cancel?

• Like 1

I think technically the Jan code was supposed to be for new subs, not for a gift box.  But it seems weird that if that was the case, they would let you check gift box and then keep you subscribed.  It should have just not let the code work with the gift box checked. 

If money isn't tight, I'd keep it.  I have definitely wished I had 2 of the last 4 boxes, plus I'm guessing that if it's sold out it will trade well.

• Like 3

I personally think $40 is also too much to spend on a box of unknowns...  but I got the black friday deal so the 6 month sub is a more reasonable price.... and so far, the nov, dec and Jan box got items that I ended up using quite often....so its all good to me...  once my 6 month is up I will probably have to do the sub unsub by promo code game or I may just be over Pop sugar or I may just wait for a good friday deal again....  I am expecting a baby girl..   so money can be a bit tight now, at the same time, i'd like to think with a baby girl..  this monthly treat will now REALLY be a treat for me! 

Congratulations, Jaly!!!! 

It is so important to treat yourself when you are expecting and when you are a mom.  In fact, I think moms often focus so much on their kids that they put themselves last.  In reality, taking a little break once in a while or treating yourself to a small indulgence can actually help you be a better, less-stressed parent.  :flowers:  I hope you receive some really nice boxes for the remainder of your sub!  Cheers!

• Like 3

I felt this way and was going to cancel. I was the queen of signing up and canceling and re-signing up with a $10 off coupon. But when they had the 6 month Black Friday deal for $139 - I jumped on it. It brought the monthly price down to a bit under $23.50 a month which I was able to justify. Much more palatable than $39.99 a month. We are fine $$-wise but I have trouble justifying spending what I kind of consider frivolous $$$ on myself - especially since we are working on adopting a teen from foster care. But I figured she will probably like some of the goodies too so I was able to totally justify that 6 month sub lol lol

@@roohound, best wishes on the adoption!  I'm sure she'll love to share your treats with you - I share things from my subs with my daughter and she loves it. 

• Like 2

I think technically the Jan code was supposed to be for new subs, not for a gift box.  But it seems weird that if that was the case, they would let you check gift box and then keep you subscribed.  It should have just not let the code work with the gift box checked. 

If money isn't tight, I'd keep it.  I have definitely wished I had 2 of the last 4 boxes, plus I'm guessing that if it's sold out it will trade well.

Most of the codes they put out state for new subs only, but they always work on gift box orders too.  

I have to make a decision whether to cancel or not. I am on the no-buy, so I should cancel. But I am still kicking myself for not getting the Target collab, so there is that. 

I have to make a decision whether to cancel or not. I am on the no-buy, so I should cancel. But I am still kicking myself for not getting the Target collab, so there is that.

If you can afford it, don't cancel. I really regret not getting that Target box too. But since you didnt get that on, consider yourself having saved $25. (Sorry, this is so unhelpful financially, but a girl deserves to treat herself.) :)

• Like 1

I didn't realize that the gift orders are now recurring charges. I ordered a second Jan box at half off. I was going to cancel my 2nd Feb box, however I'm considering holding on to it since it is sold out now. I often love the PS items enough to want 2 and the other stuff will be more swappable since the box is sold out. But if its a time sensitive item like movie tickets or something then it might be a waste of $40. What do you guys think. Keep 2nd Feb box or cancel?

totally depends. like, a lot of people like a few of the last boxes. but they also like they at discounted prices. would they like them as much at full price?  sort of need to look at it like that.  and how you feel about your personal finances.  think the cancellation needs to happen today (tomorrow is cutoff but who knows if they mean BEFORE 23rd).