Home remedies for reducing the pimples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try tea tree oil. Not only is it great for your pimples but it has an awesome anti-bacterial effect as well. You have to dilute the solution, because you don't want to over dry your skin. So use a 5% solution, its proven to be as effective as 5% benzoyl peroxide. Make sure to wash your face first, and let it dry, then apply the tea tree oil. It does smell awful but you can also use it to clean cuts or abrasions. After application let the oil soak into the skin and apply olive oil for dryness or discomfort. Enjoy!

I use tea tree oil on my face (I have hormonal blemishes and oily skin).  Don't apply it with your fingers - use clean qtips.  If you have oily skin, I would recommend moisturizing with jojoba oil after you apply the tea tree oil.  Jojoba is a light oil that won't clog your pores.

1) Papaya: Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mash up the papaya well and apply to your skin. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off completely with warm water. If your skin has a tendency to get dry after you cleanse it, use a moisturizer appropriate for your skin type afterwards.

2) Cinnamon and honey mask: Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together until they are thoroughly blended and have formed a sort of paste. Apply the mask to your face (or spot treat) and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off completely, and pat your face dry. This is a sticky mixture, so make sure you have some paper towels at on hand.

3) Ice: Ice can be used to quickly reduce the redness, swelling and inflammation of pimples. Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds. Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.

4) Tea Tree Oil: Dip a cotton ball in tea tree essential oil and dab it on the affected area. Rinse your face after 15 to 20 minutes. Another option is to mix a few drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Apply it on your pimples and blemishes, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.

Since There are countless Homemade remedies that deals with pimples , I'll post you the most popular ones :

1. Papaya : 

- Papaya eliminates dead cells and excess fat from the skin surface. In its raw form, it also contains papain ( a powerful enzyme that cuts down inflammation and stops the formation of pus ). That is the reason why it is commonly found in many commercial produced beauty products.

- How to use : cut up your fresh papaya, take out the seeds and mash the flesh till it is smooth enough to be applied to your face. Wash your face with warm water and then apply the papaya for 30 minutes. Then use warm water to rinse it off.

2. Egg whites :

Egg whites contain vitamins and amino acids that help to kill pimples and re-build your skin’s cells.

- How to use : Separate 3 egg whites from their yolks. Whisk them properly and allow them to settle for 3 minutes. Apply the whisked egg whites to the pimples using your fingers. Wait for it to dry then repeat this 4 times. Then leave the final mask for 20 minutes, rinse off and apply a suitable skin moisturizer.

3.Tomatoes  :

Tomato helps to eliminate excess oil from the face and keeps the skin healthy. It has an antioxidant called lycopene that protects the skin and acts like an anti-aging product and fights reddening of the skin and cellular damage. Tomato’s antibacterial ingredients that make it good for removing black heads, shrinking skin pores and smoothening and whitening the skin.

- How to use : Apply a mask of fresh tomato juice on your face and then leave it on for at least one hour before you wash it off.

I make my own spot treatment out of jojoba, lavender, and tea tree oil. You can whip up a big batch so you always have it on hand, if you keep it in the fridge it'll last quite a while.

Tea tree is antibacterial so it will kill the bacteria causing the pimple, lavender is regenerating so it will help the skin heal and reduce any potential scarring, and jojoba oil acts like human sebum so it will keep your skin soft, instead of drying the area out like store-bought spot treatments do.

Make sure that essential oils never make up more than 5% of the solution! I use:

1 ounce jojoba oil

10 drops tea tree oil

10 drops lavender oil

Shake it really well, then apply with a q tip. I usually do it overnight or when I know I'm not leaving the house, as it doesn't smell that pleasant.

Latest posts

Back