Lynn Haller

Sample Society-February *spoilers*

Okay so I'm new to Sample Society. I decided to try new subscriptions for beauty boxes after getting nothing good from Birchbox. So how does it work? Do we get sneak peeks? Do we get tracking info? I only know that I'm getting this months box because I saw the charge for the subscription on my bank statement.

The tracking info will show up on your account Dash once they ship it. As for sneak peaks, well, it's really a matter of luck/sleuthing by netizens/they release one or two spoilers beforehand to try and entice new subscribers. There used to be a spoiler picture you could see on your order history, but ^^^ apparently not anymore. 

• Like 1

The tracking info will show up on your account Dash once they ship it. As for sneak peaks, well, it's really a matter of luck/sleuthing by netizens/they release one or two spoilers beforehand to try and entice new subscribers. There used to be a spoiler picture you could see on your order history, but ^^^ apparently not anymore.

Thank you so much! I've been so confused!

February is going to be my first month so I am really happy the Strivectin is going to be included this month, as well. I love Face masks so I am equally excited to hear there will be one of those too. If they add at least one colorful item to go with it, I think I am going to be really pleased.  

• Like 1

I'm debating skipping this month, Strivectin is an unwanted repeat for me and I don't use face masks. I'll decide when I see the next spoiler.

It's possible there won't be another one, considering they seem to be starting to keep everything more hush-hush. Can you skip a month once you've already been charged for the box? I noticed that I already had been, and I'm not going to skip this month, I'm just curious about the process. 

Has anyone heard anything about February's box yet? I called their customer service yesterday because they over charged me and the representative said I should receive my box Monday.

• Like 1

What is up with beautybar's silence this month? They haven't posted to their Facebook page since the 24th and only two spoilers (masks and strivectin). I saw them reply on fb saying there's nothing like waiting on the edge of your seat in anticipation. But I don't like waiting lol

• Like 1

I received the revitalizing mask in a Birchbox a few months ago, and loved it!  I also love Strivectin, so this box will be a total win for me, if I can get one. 

I had been subscribed to Sample Society for a couple years, but had to cancel about 9 months ago due to a problem with packages disappearing from my porch.  I now have all my mail and packages delivered to a post office box, and Beauty Bar wont ship to a PO box.  I discovered just last week that some of the boxes and mystery boxes are for sale on the Beauty bar website.  Since Beauty Bar has next day delivery, I can order a box when I know I will be home the next day to receive it.  Earlier this week I got a couple of mystery boxes and the December box, which I loved!  I'm going to order the January box tomorrow.  Hopefully they will have the February box for sale on the site before too long!

• Like 1

Blah I called CS but they claimed dashboards are not updated so they can't tell me what's in the box.

I'll get my box Monday.

Hopefully our dashboards will update tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

I'm so excited to be a part of this community. Maybe you ladies can help me decide what else to subscribe to. I've got two more spoilers as I thought I had a billing problem but didn't. So, there's a fragrance sample from Chloe called Love Story. Not sure how large. Also, a nail laquer from Nail Inc. and I couldnt' read my writing for the last one. They ship today or at least start. So exciting. I hope the Chloe sample is not teeny tiny...LOL. but so far I am loving Sample Society. Just joined October or was it September.

• Like 1

Dashboard is updated.

Disappointment. I should have cancelled due to the absence of spoilers.

A fragrance sample of Chloe!! Seriously?

A dry shampoo. Another nail polish and 3 masks in addition to a serum that we all tried already :))

Booo... Not happy

Blah I called CS but they claimed dashboards are not updated so they can't tell me what's in the box.

I'll get my box Monday.

Hopefully our dashboards will update tomorrow morning.

I think that is why CS gave me the update. I couldn't get last thing in box though. I am hoping for a pink or red nail for V day! And has there ever been a large fragrance sample?

Dashboard is updated.

Disappointment. I should have cancelled due to the absence of spoilers.

A fragrance sample of Chloe!! Seriously?

A dry shampoo. Another nail polish and 3 masks in addition to a serum that we all tried already :))

Booo... Not happy

I can't see anything :(

I'm happy with the box. I actually need some more dry shampoo. I love masks, I have way more than I need, but they'll get used. Serums are always welcome. Hope the nail polish is a pretty color (please not pink!) I'm normally not a fragrance girl, but I have loved the previous fragrance samples we got. I bought the full size of Bond 9 Chinatown and Givenchy Dahlia Divin, plus I'm still enjoying the larger Calvin Klein sample we received.

So glad we didn't get a red lippie.

I think that is why CS gave me the update. I couldn't get last thing in box though. I am hoping for a pink or red nail for V day! And has there ever been a large fragrance sample?

Yes, the Calvin Klein sample we got was pretty big. I've barely made a dent in it. 

I'm never excited about fragrances, because the sample is usually astronomically small and put in there just to bring the $$ value of the box up, and I could have gotten a sample of a fragrance I know I'd actually like through sephora.

I like the Strivectin and the masks, and maybe I'll like the nail color because I like the Nails Inc. brand, but considering we just got a nail color in the last box, I'm not feeling great about it. Or the dry shampoo, for that matter. I don't really have a need for dry shampoo.   

• cpb-069_small2a.jpg

• Chloe Love Story VOC- Sample Society

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• cst-072_small2a.jpg

• StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum Sample

• neo-048_small2a.jpg

• Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush Sample Society

nug-001_small2a.jpg

• Nugg Beauty Revitalizing Face Mask

• nug-002_small2a.jpg

• Nugg Beauty Hydrating Face Mask

• nug-003_small2a.jpg

• Nugg Beauty Deep Cleansing Face Mask

• vaf-001_small2a.jpg

• Nails Inc Princes Place Nail Lacquer SS

Edited by Zaichik

Personally I'm thrilled.  It's kinda a perfect box for me, I'll use all of it. Unlike last month, which I still liked but I would rather have fragrance sample over an item I'd never use (the revlon).

• cpb-069_small2a.jpg
  • Chloe Love Story VOC- Sample Society

• cst-072_small2a.jpg
  • StriVectin Intensive Illuminating Serum Sample

• neo-048_small2a.jpg
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush Sample Society

nug-001_small2a.jpg
  • Nugg Beauty Revitalizing Face Mask

• nug-002_small2a.jpg
  • Nugg Beauty Hydrating Face Mask

• nug-003_small2a.jpg
  • Nugg Beauty Deep Cleansing Face Mask

• vaf-001_small2a.jpg
  • Nails Inc Princes Place Nail Lacquer SS

Is that the actual polish color that we'll be receiving?

I dn like this box at all .. Actually it reminds me of oct n nov boxes.. I think i should cut off all my subscriptions , take a deep breath n a break for a month n so , n see what boxes I really miss n cant live without.. Plus i ve now an overflooding makeup n skincare counters , wondering where to go with them :/

Is that the actual polish color that we'll be receiving?

No, I think it could be anything.

I wish they reveal the content of the box beforehand so we can decide what we would like to have.

This box is a waste of money. I'll  use the masks but all the rest is irrelevant for me. I know a lot of people did not like the skin care boxes but I would jump from joy instead of accumulating smth I will never use. :(

Edited by Zaichik