Lynn Haller

Sample Society-February *spoilers*

If that's a pale purple gray,I'm excited lol The 3 masks make up for the perfume and I am happy there are 7 things all together. It's not a wow box but it will all be used so I guess it's okay.

• Like 1

Online reviews for the dry shampoo are horrible! It retails for about $7, people were saying that they could not brush the white residue from their hair and ended up having to wash it! 

I love the Batiste dry shampoo, it's my go to. I have dark brown hair and haven't had a problem with white residue.

• Like 2

If that's a pale purple gray,I'm excited lol The 3 masks make up for the perfume and I am happy there are 7 things all together. It's not a wow box but it will all be used so I guess it's okay.

I love the pale purple gray too, if it were that color I would feel a whole lot better about my first box.

Online reviews for the dry shampoo are horrible! It retails for about $7, people were saying that they could not brush the white residue from their hair and ended up having to wash it! 

Where did you see the reviews? It has really good reviews on Ulta.

Where did you see the reviews? It has really good reviews on Ulta.

Drugstore.com the first picture icon of the item that popped up from my Google search. 

I love batiste dry shampoo. I have dark brown wavy/curly hair, and it is my go to. I never have trouble with the residue.

I'm excited for this box. It's nice that we're getting multiple masks, that purple/grey nail polish is gorgeous, and I go through a lot of dry shampoo. Fragrances are my least favorite sample, but we haven't gotten one in a while, so I'm not mad about it.

• Like 1

I'm happy with this box! I LOVE batiste and nugg face masks and would have ended up purchasing them anyway. I also think the nail polish is pretty and I actually really wanted to try the new Chloe perfume. I haven't tried my Strivectin from last month yet, but if it is a good product then I am happy to have more since it is so expensive.

• Like 1

This box is ok. I did go ahead and cancel for next month. I will wait until after spoilers to decide. I actually cancelled all of my subs except Glossy. I just have way too much stuff right now. I need a little break I think!

• Like 1

I'm super excited for this month! The only thing that I don't care about is the perfume, but I will totally use it. I Love nsil polish and that was an extra suprise bc I didn't think there would be another one this month.

• Like 1

This is actually my favorite dry shampoo, and I've tried just about everything. It's lightweight and I never see white flakes, unlike quite a few others that I've tried. I pick it up from Urban Outfitters when beauty boxes haven't provided enough dry shampoo - and yes, it's only $8. But I'd purchase it anyway, so if it's halfsize, it's worth $3 (1/5 the box) to me.

The perfume sample isn't, since I'm Rouge and I can get samples on any size order from Sephora if I so wished. BUT the masks more than make up for that.

I wouldn't say this box knocks it out of the park the way December did for me, but I'll look forward to it. I liked the Strivectin, love masks, and I have never tried Nails Inc - so yay, new brand!

BTW - just about every high end nail brand I've tried for the first time in beauty boxes, I've gone crazy for and bought like 5-10 colors within 30 days.. so if any high end nail companies read this, your strategy is working and my bank account is suffering! LOL

Edited by valentinenicole
  • Like 1

I love that we are getting 3 of the Nugg masks.  I can never find the deep cleansing one and I think that will be best on my face.  The hydrating one will be going on my dry, dry, dry, winter hands.

I want to try absolutely everything in this box. I am so excited to get it! 

I am super happy that the box is going to have a polish. February's birthstone is amethyst so the color is appropriate. If they are sending random colors I will be happiest if it is some kind of pink, but this lavender is really the next best thing to pink.

• Like 1

My box is on the truck for delivery today, I can post some pic's later.

ETA: Got my box!

post-93138-0-86068400-1423517739_thumb.jpg

Ok so sizes:

Chloe Love Story, standard pump perfume sample: .04 oz  I'm one who doesn't mind perfume samples and I've seen this scent advertised a lot recently so I'm glad to try it. It's floral, but not sickening.  

Nugg masks: 3 of them in deep cleansing, hydrating and revitalizing .33 oz each.  I'm so excited to try these. I love masks and I think it's great they sent a 3 pack of each to try.

StriVectin: meh same as last month if you got it, .025 oz. Nothing special

Batiste Dry Shampoo: 1.6 oz, smells ok. I love dry shampoo and I haven't tried this brand yet so I'm glad to have it.

Nail Inc: It's in Princes palace (grayish purple) and its the only color/shade they show in the booklet.  So, it would seem it's the shade/color everyone is getting this month.  

Let us know if you get something different!

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 3

Got my box! I edited my post above with details! Just posting an additional comment so it shows up on the content page.

My box is on the truck for delivery today, I can post some pic's later.

ETA: Got my box!

attachicon.gifIMG_4388.JPG

Ok so sizes:

Chloe Love Story, standard pump perfume sample: .04 oz  I'm one who doesn't mind perfume samples and I've seen this scent advertised a lot recently so I'm glad to try it. It's floral, but not sickening.  

Nugg masks: 3 of them in deep cleansing, hydrating and revitalizing .33 oz each.  I'm so excited to try these. I love masks and I think it's great they sent a 3 pack of each to try.

StriVectin: meh same as last month if you got it, .025 oz. Nothing special

Batiste Dry Shampoo: 1.6 oz, smells ok. I love dry shampoo and I haven't tried this brand yet so I'm glad to have it.

Nail Inc: It's in Princes palace (grayish purple) and its the only color/shade they show in the booklet.  So, it would seem it's the shade/color everyone is getting this month.  

Let us know if you get something different!

Thanks for sharing, I'm so excited!

Happy about the nail polish color! Was really hoping to not get pink. Last February I got three different pink polishes from three differenct subs.

Looks like a good box to me!

Did anyone else get the email from SS saying that they were getting a $5 refund because the Strivectin wasn't in their box? I haven't gotten my box yet so I don't know if I will get it or not, but it looks like it was included...

Love the polish color!  And excited to try the face masks.  Do any of you think the shampoo/conditioner would work for those of us with long/thick hair?  My husband uses an all-in-one in the shower, but I never trusted it for my own hair.

Love the polish color!  And excited to try the face masks.  Do any of you think the shampoo/conditioner would work for those of us with long/thick hair?  My husband uses an all-in-one in the shower, but I never trusted it for my own hair.

I have long, thick hair and dry shampoo mostly just makes my hair smell better.  I'm glad I've tried it but it doesn't really replace a good washing.

My box has decided to take a crosscountry road trip.  It was in Maryland on Monday and now it's in California...I live in Virginia.  Whomp whomp.

I hate it when my sub boxes travel more than I do.

• Like 2