NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
nyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_zpsb6cd5cdd.jpg

Lets take a moment to discuss these wonderful lippies! They're pigmented, affordable, dry matte and stay put, smell and feel great, and come in a wide range of colors. What's not to love?

Personally, I've been a huge fan of these for years, and have recently been wanting one of the vampier shades to broaden my horizons. The two I'm torn between are Transylvania, and Copenhagen. Do any of you own one or both of these, and if so, which do you prefer? Aside from these two shades, what is your favorite soft matte lip cream, or one you are most wanting to try? 

Do you have swatches? If so, lets see em, ladies (and gents, if any!)

They look awesome; I definitely have to try some of those!  Now that Target is leaving Canada, I'm going to have to see if anyone else carries NYX stuff.  I suppose I can always order online though too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They look awesome; I definitely have to try some of those!  Now that Target is leaving Canada, I'm going to have to see if anyone else carries NYX stuff.  I suppose I can always order online though too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Aww, why no more Target? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Definitely grab one (or a few) if you stumble upon them!

Aww, why no more Target? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Definitely grab one (or a few) if you stumble upon them!
Since they came here a couple years back, they never really took off like people initially thought.  So yeah, the 133 store here are shutting down.  I guess I'll have to grab what I can (while I can) as they do like nice!

Since they came here a couple years back, they never really took off like people initially thought.  So yeah, the 133 store here are shutting down.  I guess I'll have to grab what I can (while I can) as they do like nice!
Sorry to hear that! I tried to find NYX distributors in Canada for you, but their website is not behaving. From a google search, it sounds like you might be able to find their products at Rexall?

I have Transylvania, and it is not super, super dark - umm, about the color of MAC's Nightmoth lipliner? I thought it would be closer to black, honestly, but it is just another super deep berry. Copenhagen looks a bit lighter, and redder - more of a deep burnt red, imo.

I do quite like the formula of these, they are comfortable to wear and don't accentuate dryness in my lips. For me, however, I don't consider them long-lasting. They stay longer than a regular creamy lipstick, but not as long as other matte lipsticks I own, and not even as long as other matte liquid lipsticks. So I don't factor that in but the comfort and price point are a big seller for me!

What I hate is how impossible it is to track down shades outside of the internet, because these suckers are sooo difficult to color match! I've bought a few online that I had to return because they didn't look anything like the swatches. Blah, otherwise I'd order a lot more of 'em!

Sorry to hear that! I tried to find NYX distributors in Canada for you, but their website is not behaving. From a google search, it sounds like you might be able to find their products at Rexall?
Great idea!  Actually, they just recently opened a Rexall literally 5 minutes down the street from me here.  Their competitor which is Shoppers Drug Mart is quite known for cosmetics, so I never even thought to look there.  I'll definitely check that place out as I go by there every day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh your photo of them makes them look so pretty! I love it!

I have two shades: San Paulo and Monte Carlo. San Paulo pulls too pink on my lips. Monte Carlo is a good red, but something about it doesn't look good when I'm wearing it- it's like it just isn't the right red for my coloring.

I'd like to try Cannes or maybe get one of the nudes like Athens or Cairo and mix it with my San Paulo to tone down the pink.

I may buy one or two more of these at some point, but I'm not totally sold. I still have to decide if I want to try NYX butter glosses that everyone raves about- but the thing is, I hate lip gloss!!!

But I do love that the soft matte creams are so comfortable on.

I have Cannes!!! I love it!  I have way too many lippies to justify more of these, but I do love both the color and how long it wears

@@eastofthesun So I tried the Nyx Butter Glosses and I hate lip gloss too, if you hate the sticky feeling then you probably won't like it, they are gorgeous and smell and feel very decadent, but they are nonetheless a lip gloss. 

What I can say that I have discovered that makes my lips look really glossy without feeling sticky is those new Luxe Lip Treatments from Julep, but of course those are no where near the same price and not intended to be pigmented (and they have the weird cooling tip which I am kind of dreading since it is winter, but I'm excited to use it this summer)

Or, if you are a-okay with not lip gloss shine, the Nyx Xtreme Shine Lip Creams are a little bit better 

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely love the NYX soft matte lip creams!! I love how they glide on and instantly dry matte. My absolute favorite is color called "Monte Carlo". I think it may be a dupe for MAC's Diva, but I am not sure because I actually do not own MAC's Diva yet:)

I have all of the shades! I got addicted to them when Ipsy included them in their first bag waaaayy back Dec 2011. The nude shades didnt suit me though because I am tan but when blended with the pinks and reds, they are really awesome!

NYX is putting out a new line of "Xtreme" Butter glosses this Spring/Summer (check nouveau cheap) that come in really cool colours and are supposed to combine what everyone loves about the butter glosses (smell, feel) and the lip creams (pigmentation)! I'm actually excited to see if they'll ever land anywhere near me- though it's probably better for my wallet if they don't.

@@greendaisy Thanks for the tips! It's good to get tips from a fellow lip gloss hater. Hehe!

@@iPretty949 I remember that bag. I really wanted that first ever Ipsy (My Glam) bag but I was too late to sign up. I'm *STILL* kicking myself for not getting that bag. It had awesome stuff in it!!!

I went to Ulta yesterday because I have a $10 off giftcode for my birthday since I'm a platinum member, and I looked at the soft matte lip creams again, considering picking up a nude to mix with my San Paulo one, but I ended up not getting anything after swatching lots of stuff. May go back later- my code doesn't expire until next month.

Latest posts

Back