Help with my eye makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Recently i've become very intrested in different eye makeups and how to do them, but the thing is that i can't seem to pin down what my eye shape is! Could you please help me with the shape and some makeup tips as to make them look better?

Here is a picture of my eyes:

264q0k1.jpg

They look like downturned eyes. There are so many beautiful looks for that shape!

Check you tube for some good tutorials on great ideas for doing eye make up for that shape.

BTW, they are very pretty

Thank you all so much! it really helped me to see how can i use your opinions to get better at the eyeshadow and eyeliner game :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still not used to the techniques for this eyeshape though, there are so many mixed do's and dont's for it i guess. Many of the videos out there say this eyeshape can get away with heavy liner at the outer edge of the eye (to lift it up), but everytime i try to go a bit heavy the line gets lost in my crease and my eyes seem to keep looking so... downturned! guess i'll have to practice and preactice till i get the hold of it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks again!

@@cyanvision I'm not much of a rule follower when it comes to makeup, but I like to try new eye makeup out at the end of the day, prior to taking off my makeup. I'll just put it on top of what I already have on...smokey eye didn't turn out so great or that color made me look ill, just wash it down the drain!If something looks like it will work for me I will try it again the next day or weekends that I have nothing going on.

*Stop by my house on a Sunday and why yes, I am wearing neon eyeshadow! Lol, just have fun and do what makes you feel confident.

**also I love to see what you come up with! Post photo's for us, unless you don't want to =) that's fine too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't follow the lash line all the way down. I'll use @beautyConspirators photo as an example. If you look at the first photo she follows the lash line until the outside of the iris, then she starts going a bit straighter out instead of just following the natural lash line. If you just follow the lash line with liner all you'll do is emphasize your natural shape.

@@SaraP how i wish i was that free and wouldn't restrict myself so much!  Unfortunately i do tend to get cought in the do's and dont's alot, such shame. And most of the time more than half of this do's and dont's just dont work for me (not everyone is created equal right?) , so i get tired and put them all aside till another time. It happens a lot in the makeup actually, i dont know how to do it and nothing works so i'll leave it all aside till, say, 2 months, and suddenly i'm back to try all the do's and dont's again :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's annoying!

well yes i did some looks based on some youtube videos and your great suggestions, and here is a look i acheived:

357hxr9.jpg

It's nothing special, but i kinda liked it! :lol:

But it's so heavy and i can't really wear it unless it's a very special occasion or a night out and all, And i don't know how to do a subtle makeup for daytime that doesn't take a lot of time! As i'm not really one for 1 hour makeup routines and all :lol:   not enough patience!

and dear @@tweakabell, your advice was really, really helpful! Thanks a lot! Instead of following the actual lashline, i went up in a 20 degree line and the lines look much better now ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
@@cyanvision Okay now I just don't believe you....YOU LOOK GREAT!! and YOUR APPLICATION LOOKS FANATASTiC!!! Also I'd kill for your skin and brows. You my dear are doing it just right. Keep trying out new things and have fun.

So pretty! Great job. The more you apply the more it'll get faster/easier too, muscle memory and all that jazz.

Back