Eyeshadow Palette Time - Looking for suggestions!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been on the search for a good eyeshadow palette for awhile, but I'm starting to feel that I need it now burn. Time to get on it!

I'm looking for a good quality palette that preferably has more than 10 shades (upwards is even better!). I'm leaning towards neutrals with a couple splashes of contrast, and mostly mattes. I enjoy shimmers but I have a decent collection already, so mattes are on the list.

I'm expecting to hear the Naked collection suggestion, its definitely on the list but I'd like to hear about any awesome contenders. Not particularly picky on the price point, but gems for a great price are always welcome (and loved!)

Thanks lovelies!

-D

If money is no problem, I'd suggest any of the Viseart palettes. You'll get twelve shades, there is a neutral matte collection and the quality is impeccable. They are available on Sephora's website, but since they are regularly out of stock, I know several people who've bought them at Alcone Company.

Well the Lorac Pro palette is a must if you don't have it already. If your looking for a steal you should pick up a Morphe palette. They are crazy cheap and the quality is really nice.

Well the Lorac Pro palette is a must if you don't have it already. If your looking for a steal you should pick up a Morphe palette. They are crazy cheap and the quality is really nice.
Funny you should mention the Morphe palette. After seeing a few reviews that raved about their quality and price I was all for purchasing one, but after trying five times the site refuses to accept my credit cards. Something about AVS mismatch, even though all of the information I submitted is perfectly correct. I was super excited for the palette, it looked perfect but I haven't the slightest clue how to solve the problem. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If money is no problem, I'd suggest any of the Viseart palettes. You'll get twelve shades, there is a neutral matte collection and the quality is impeccable. They are available on Sephora's website, but since they are regularly out of stock, I know several people who've bought them at Alcone Company.
Thanks for the suggestion! They look absolutely lovely, I'll have to give them some thought.

@@DaniTrudeau Were you trying to get the Jacklyn Hill palette by chance? I know their site was having all kinds of problems when they were selling that. Just too many people on their server at one time.

I suggest getting the Coastal Scents Revealed and Revealed 2. For a total cost for both being around $40 (if not on sale) you will get color dupes for UD Naked 1, 2 and 3, for less than the price of one UD Naked palette.($52) The CS eyeshdows perform just as well, and sometimes better than the UD. I wear all eyeshadows over a primer, whatever the brand.

A great matte palette would be the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette UD Naked Basics 1 and 2 are both great matte palettes.

Finally take a look at Wet and Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone. Although it is not matte is is still a great palette at a fantastic price.

@@DaniTrudeau Were you trying to get the Jacklyn Hill palette by chance? I know their site was having all kinds of problems when they were selling that. Just too many people on their server at one time.
It wasn't the Jackyn Hill palette though, that's the thing. And I tried purchasing a palette only a few days ago, so I don't think the site had as much traffic since the rush had most likely died down. Saddening, because that palette looked perfect.

I suggest getting the Coastal Scents Revealed and Revealed 2. For a total cost for both being around $40 (if not on sale) you will get color dupes for UD Naked 1, 2 and 3, for less than the price of one UD Naked palette.($52) The CS eyeshdows perform just as well, and sometimes better than the UD. I wear all eyeshadows over a primer, whatever the brand.

A great matte palette would be the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Palette UD Naked Basics 1 and 2 are both great matte palettes.

Finally take a look at Wet and Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone. Although it is not matte is is still a great palette at a fantastic price.
I've heard mixed reviews about the quality of Coastal Scents, but I'll look into it more, thanks!

Still totally tempted to get my hands on one of the Naked Basics, they're gorgeous. Was hoping for a palette with more selection (and a gorgeous terracotta tone), but I'm sure I would be super happy with it regardless.

Ooh yes, the Comfort Zone! I do own that one, so pretty!

I haven't seen anyone mention Shany cosmetics here, so maybe I'm about to embarass myself.... :wacko:   However, I was looking for a cosmetics set that had a lot of variety in eyeshadows, blush, lipstick and even foundation/contouring.  I searched for quite some time, and ended up finding a lot of good feedback on the Shany "The Masterpiece" 7-layer set.  You can find it on Amazon, and it has 4.5 out of 5 stars with 310 reviews.  I haven't owned a lot fo higher-end makeup, but I have owned a few MAC eyeshadows.  The Shany set reminds me of them quite a bit.  Deep, rich, lasting color that goes on evenly and very smooth.  Love it!!!

I've been on the search for a good eyeshadow palette for awhile, but I'm starting to feel that I need it now burn. Time to get on it!

I'm looking for a good quality palette that preferably has more than 10 shades (upwards is even better!). I'm leaning towards neutrals with a couple splashes of contrast, and mostly mattes. I enjoy shimmers but I have a decent collection already, so mattes are on the list.

I'm expecting to hear the Naked collection suggestion, its definitely on the list but I'd like to hear about any awesome contenders. Not particularly picky on the price point, but gems for a great price are always welcome (and loved!)

Thanks lovelies!

-D
Buy an Unii Palette and fill it up yourselves with eyeshadows from Yaby Cosmetics.

I really like the Naked 2 Basics palette and have found it versatile because the shades are matte and neutral, perfect for every day wear for me. Inglot's freedom system is great too and so is MAC.

Latest posts

Back