What's your current routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are you currently using for your skincare, either morning or night routine?

What is your skin type (dry, normal, oily, combo)? Do you have any other skin issues you are addressing (acne, wrinkles, dry patches, etc.)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have oily skin that has improved a lot since starting a good routine. I get redness on my nose and cheeks pretty constantly. I get occasional acne, but not severe breakouts anymore.

I only have a serious routine for nighttime.. currently:

(I'm trying to deal with my redness and some acne on my nose that is RELENTLESS)

Calmia Cleansing Oil Gel & Missha Creamy Green Tea Latte Cleansing Foam are my cleansers. I'm madly in love with my oil cleanser. That alone makes my skin SO soft!

Then, to business:

1. Secret Key Tea Tree Toner - I've been searching for tea tree products to help my troubled skin so I've been working them into my routine

2. Rooibos Gel Cream - came from a memebox, nothing special but I like it

3. Benton Snail Bee Essence - has been AMAZING for my redness!!! this is HG status worthy now that i've tried it

4. Centella Ampoule - I think I spelled that right.. it also came from a memebox. I use it because it is one of the few products I've seen actually state it helps redness and isn't just a brightening product

5. Benton Snail Bee Steam cream- this has really helped along with the essence! It feels weirdly heavy on my skin, like it takes a bit to sink in. My skin doesn't absorb quickly, but I'm used to that. I really love this product too!

6. Tea Tree Emulsion

7. Ciracle Red Spot Cream or Shara Shara Bee Tox Cream - both spot treatments I use interchangeable or sometimes both on my nose. The Ciracle has been fantastic about reducing redness! I just started the other so no good/bad thoughts yet.

I've been changing things around lately so this is my most current routine. I don't moisturize with anything else often unless I feel I need it.. which is rare, my skin is never dry. And moisturizers take a LONG time to skin in so I don't even bother if I'm going to bed soon.

Skin type Oily

Routine:

Banila Co Clean it Zero

O&Soapberry bubble cleanser

The Skin House Dr Clear Magic Toner

Migabee Ampoule

Benton snail bee essence

LJH Tea Tree 80 cream

Bennet Herb & Bee AC Control Serum

Insobeau sleeping pack (pink container) - night only

Sometimes I add an extra essence that I'm trying to use up. Figure more is better, LOL. Only non Korean is my Paulas Choice BHA as I will never give that up! I do not have acne even though my skin is oily

I don't really have time in the morning (getting up a 5 yr old and out the door for 7.15am) so ill slap on some The Yeon Hallabong serum after I've had a shower on my face then add Iope air cushion to cover with the Riviscowe compact that was in one of the boxes to matt (otherwise it looks a bit shiny rather than "dewy"). I've the Snow White eye pencils so use the brown one and add some eye shadow (Guerlain as it has lots of colours and not just browns). Lippy is Erude House with some Revescen shimmery pink lip gloss to brighten it up a wee bit.

At night

Etude House cleansing oil as got sent something like 16 sample bottles of the stuff from Etude House and need to clear a space!

Tony Moly grapefruit foaming cleanser with a 4D Tosowoong brush (if I want a really good cleanse will do this step if not, just the REN)

Ren hot cloth cleanser as it smells gorgeous and my face always feels properly clean after using this

Milkydress blooming rose eye gel (which looks identical to the face gel I might add!)

Etude House ampoule with the moistful cream afterwards

Will also add the Pisteo ampoule thing just before bed.

If I'm being really good I'll put on a face mask or a sleeping mask.

Insobeau Z cream on my legs (as its past the sell by date and trying to get rid of it along with the AHC? Balm all in one that goes on knees and elbows.

Its pretty basic but I don't get the time for anything else! I use the Azulene gel for outbreaks as it seems to calm them down.

Oh - skin type is probably dry / sensitive.

Skin type-normal, oily t-zone. PIH and some monor acne.

PM Routine

1.  Hadalabo Rhoto Foaming Cleanser

2. AHA&BHA Daily Clean Toner
3. ElizaVecca Orange Serum (wait 15-20 min)
4. Stridex Maximum  (wait 15-20 min)
5. Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum (wait 15-20 min)
6. Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion
7. Hada Labo Tokyo Eye Cream
(Mask 2-3 a week)
8. Mizon Returning Starfish Cream
9.Dear Cheese Cream
10. Sometimes Laneige Water Sleeping Pack or Samples

AM Routine
1. Mizon First Essence Treatment
2. Hada Labo Tokyo  Eye Cream
3. Missha Cho Bo Yang Toner
4. Missha Cho Bo yang cream
5. Missha All Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk 

For those who get zits and want to dry them up quickly, use the white of an egg, dab it on. It is colorless and will dry that pesky thing. Will revisit here again but I am off to feed and walk "Big-gums" our St. Bernard.

I have oily skin with huge pores.

1. HolikaHolika Soda Pore Cleansing BB Deep Cleansing Oil (night only)

2. O&Soapberry Bubble Cleanser

3. Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Toner (day) / Mizon Alcohol Toner Mojito (night)

4. Morningtree Revitalizing Whitening Deep Spot (day) / Purebess Galactomyces 80% Eye Cream (night)

5. Elizavecca Real White Vita Sauce

6. insobeau Super Yellow Intense Renew Essence

7. The Yeon jeju Hallabong Mild All In One Serum (day) / She's Uris Rice Water Double Action Cream (night)

I usually throw a sheet mask in a few times a week, and use the Smurf Mask or Skinfood Black Sugar Scrub every third day.

Dry, sensitive skin. Some PIH, hormonal breakouts on chin

PM

Banila Clean it Zero 

Non Korean cleanser my husband bought me (hahaha, he was trying to make a point)

Paula's Choice 2% BHA on chin (switching to AHA, BHA is too drying for rest of my face)

Secret Key Snail EGF Repairing Toner

Benton Snail Bee Essence

Missha Time Revolution Science blah blah ampoule (currently being tested)

Mizon Deep Sea Collagen Ampoule and/or Tosowoong Propolis Ampoule

Tosowoong Time Shift Emulsion

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel

Benton Steam Cream OR Rich 53% Collagen Smart Balm

DermaHouse Perfect Moisture Whitening Mask OR Elizavecca Jella Pack OR Milky Dress Aqua Sleep Pack

AM

AM routine tends to have a lot of the same mid routine items

Once a week I use the Secret Key Lemon D-toc Peeling Gel

Every 2 or 3 days I use the Ariul Spa Water Detox mask as my cleanser

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel goes on after my cream during the day

Misc Items

Random sheet masks whenever I want to use them

Once or twice a month the Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

Ariul Spa Water Mist 

Skin Factory 7 Second masks (for rushed or lazy days)
Something I can't remember the name of or what box it came it. It's a multistep type product that feels like a cream. 

SharaShara Green Tea Seed Balm for my feet

Tonnes of hand creams scattered around my house

Pure Smile Lip treatment. Always on me when I leave the house and last thing I put on before bed.

(wow, that's a lot of stuff)

Oh, you guys. My routine is out of control. I just have so many dang products to go through! Anything with a * by it means it's a category that I change out a lot because I'm trying to go through as many of my deluxe/foil samples as I can. 

Skin type: Combination. A little oily in the t-zone but pretty normal on my cheeks.

AM

Cleanser: Elf Makeup Wipe

*Toner: Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Essence: The Skin House Pore Control Powder Serum

Eye Cream: Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream

*Moisturizer: Innisfree Bija Lotion

*Sunscreen: CNP Laboratory Tone-Up Protection Sun Cream

PM

Oil Cleanse: Banilla Co Cleanse It Zero

*Second Cleanser: Innisfree Jeju Foam Cleanser 

Exfoliator: Either Secret Nature Jeju Peeling Gel or Clean & Clear Aloe Scrub

Cleaner: CeraVe Foaming Cleanser if I feel there are leftovers from exfoliating

Mask: All kinds! Sheets, mud, yogurt, etc. Love 'em all!

*Toner: Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner

Booster: Maycoop Raw Sauce

*Treatment: SkinCeuticals B5 Gel

*Essence: Innisfree Jeju Essence

*Treatment: Estee Lauder Enlighten Serum

Snail: Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream

Eye Cream: Dr Jart V7 Eye Serum

Emulsion: The Skin House Lavender Lightening Emulsion

Collagen Cream: Shara Shara Piggy Collagen Pack

*Cream: Darphin Stimulskin Plus Cream

+Oil: Peter Thomas Roth Oiless Oil

*Sleeping Pack: HeartFace Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack

I also do a 25% Mandelic Acid Peel every 4 days. Once I'm done with my current bottle I'm moving on to a stronger acid. 

And this doesn't even touch the hair and body products that I'm trying to work my way through. Good thing I've cut down on sub boxes this year!

I didn't even include my eye cream, spot treatments or body and hair products. Way too much stuff. 
Oh goodness, you saying that made me realize I left out spot treatments... I just... Too much... Not that I don't love every single second of it. 

I have one - but I need some time to put it together!   Maybe this weekend, when I have a bit more time - between the snow and training at my job, it has been a rough week.

[SIZE=9pt]I used to just (barely) follow the western skin care programme of wash, tone & moisturise... & after following the K Beauty posts... Oh my, how my routine has changed and I’ve got to admit, my skin looks a whole lot better![/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Skin type: Acne prone & scarred, combination dry oily T-Zone skin! Luckily at my age (40 yrs young at the end of the month) I have no wrinkles![/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]AM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SKINFOOD EGG White Pore Meringue Foam (Been testing for 3 weeks but seems to leave my skin a bit dry sometimes)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Dr. Jrt+ Moist Moist Water-Act Skin Mist (Love the fact it’s GMO free & helps to put moisture back into my skin after the EGG White Pore Meringue Foam)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Paula’s Choice CLEAR Anti Redness Exfoliating Solution 2% Salicylic Acid (Testing stage & after 2 weeks my skin was ok but now I’ll try her stronger version) or – [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Neogen Code9 Gold Black Caviar Essence & Gold Tox Tightening Pack (I bought the sample pack from TK & have tried it twice, so far I love it! Might just be another HG product but will know after 1 month)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence (Been using for 3 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Silver Serum (Been using for 2 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG – Elizavecca Hyaluronic Acid Serum 100% (Been using for 1 week & my skin looks a lot plumper, pores look smaller & I feel very moisturised)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG – Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (Been using for 3 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Or [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Moisturiser[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]If my skin is extra dry I have been using the Elizavecca 100% Galactomyces Essence mixed with the Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect or Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]PM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (Fabulous at taking all my make up off & [/SIZE]doesn't[SIZE=9pt] make my skin oily!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]SKINFOOD EGG White Pore Meringue Foam (Testing for 2 weeks but seems to leave my skin a bit dry sometimes)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Dr. Jrt+ Moist Moist Water-Act Skin Mist (Love the fact it’s GMO free & helps to put moisture back into my skin after the EGG White Pore Meringue Foam)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I wait for an hour before applying [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Retin-A cream 0.05% [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I leave another 30 mins before applying:-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG – Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (Been using for 3 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Or[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Night Cream[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]When I’m taking a couple of days off from Retin-A I use the following after the Dr. Jrt+ Moist Moist Water-Act Skin Mist:-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence (Been using for 3 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG – Elizavecca Hyaluronic Acid Serum 100% (Been using for 1 week & my skin looks a lot plumper, pores look smaller & I feel very moisturised)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Silver Serum (Been using for 2 months & so far, no new acne breakouts!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Elizavecca 100% Galactomyces Essence mixed with the Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Night Cream, followed by:-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Etude House Play Therapy Firming UP Sleeping Pack[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Face Masks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Benton Snail Bee High Content Mask pack[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HG - Elizavecca Water Coating Aqua Brightening Mask (I’ve been using this for 1 week & my skin looks & feels so bright, soft & moisturised!)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]MJCARE - Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask (I’ve only tried twice but love it)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]MJCARE – EGF Essence Mask (I’ve only tried twice but love it)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Etude House Play Therapy Firming UP Sleeping Pack[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I tend to leave 15 mins before applying & layering skin care products, with the exception of 1 hour when using Retin-A at night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I’ve sampled the Skin & Lab Red Serum & absolutely love it as it certainly made my skin look bright & smooth! I will see how I can integrate it into my current skin care routine as well as the new Klairs skin care range I bought. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]AM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Moisturiser[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]I’ve sampled the Skin & Lab Red Serum & absolutely love it as it certainly made my skin look bright & smooth! I will see how I can integrate it into my current skin care routine as well as the new Klairs skin care range I bought. [/SIZE]
Is that Boots moisturizer the P&P Day Cream? Because I love that stuff! If my skin is ever having a dry day, that's the moisturizer I reach for.

And I have the Red Serum but haven't been able to work it into my routine quite yet. Looking so forward to it!

Is that Boots moisturizer the P&P Day Cream? Because I love that stuff! If my skin is ever having a dry day, that's the moisturizer I reach for.  
And I have the Red Serum but haven't been able to work it into my routine quite yet. Looking so forward to it!
@@goldendarter - Ooh yes, I  think it's the same moisturiser. Mine has the SPF15 which is handy with the Retin-A I use. My foundation also includes sun screen, so I've not been adding that as on top of my skin care routine.

So far I've sampled 4 sachets of the Red Serum & hope the results will be just as good with the full size. I'd love to hear your thoughts too once you've started using it. I just have so many products to get through!  :lol:

Okay, this is my current routine.  It varies as I have tons of products (thank you all enablers).  If I have ** next to the product, that means it is currently a product that I consider to be a HG

I have oily skin, maybe normal on my cheeks (but they are still suspect to hormonal acne) and also need anti-aging products

Daytime

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil

Recipe By Nature Slowganic Cleanser

Ispenature 5 seeds apple water scrub (3x weekly) ** or Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel (this is a gentle powder)

My Beauty Diary Ultra Cleansing Water OR insobeau one-step cleansing water

Secret Key Milk Brightening Toner OR my bilthe patting water in a spray mist

Petunia Skincare  Eye Serum  **

PureBess Galactomyces80 eye cream OR Secret Key Snail +EGF Repairing Eye Cream

Skinology Vit C Serum

Petunia Skincare Hyaluronic Acid

Waterest tone up first essence **

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence ** (this is much thicker than the Waterest)

Dr MJ Moisture Bounce Capsule Cream OR She's Uris Rice Water Cream OR Lime Nature Double Very Moisturizing Cream (these will change in the warmer months)

802 Sam N Cream (for my neck and décolletage area)

any problems like zits - I use nature republic original power blemish ampoule

Nighttime

Banila Clean It Zero  **

Skinfood Green Tea Foaming Cleanser

The Yeon Hallabong ADE Energy Peeling Toner  **

Petunia Skincare  Eye Serum  **

PureBess Galactomyces80 eye cream OR Secret Key Snail +EGF Repairing Eye Cream

Skinology Vit C Serum

Petunia Skincare Hyaluronic Acid

Azure Naturals Ultimate Retinol Serum

Waterest tone up first essence **

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence ** 

Primary Raw DoYou Soy Milk Facial Cream **

Revecen Blooming Collagentox Sleeping pack OR insobeau v-line repair sleeping mask OR HeartFae Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack

802 Sam N Cream (for my neck and décolletage area)

also, if there areas that are need some attention, I use either insobeau pink powder or ciracle red spot cream

hey, I am probably a lot older than most of you!!  I need more - haha  I also use a variety of facial mists during the day.

Skin type Oily

Routine:

Banila Co Clean it Zero

O&Soapberry bubble cleanser

The Skin House Dr Clear Magic Toner

Migabee Ampoule

Benton snail bee essence

LJH Tea Tree 80 cream

Bennet Herb & Bee AC Control Serum

Insobeau sleeping pack (pink container) - night only

Sometimes I add an extra essence that I'm trying to use up. Figure more is better, LOL. Only non Korean is my Paulas Choice BHA as I will never give that up! I do not have acne even though my skin is oily
You don't happen to know where to buy the benenet ac control serum, do  you?

@@biancardi,Did the HeartFace Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack make a difference on your pores? Mine are quite big compared to the young ladies who claim to have huge pores... but don't compared to mine lol. I'm interested in the best pore minimising products & Primers and would certainly value your recommendation. 

hey, I am probably a lot older than most of you!!  I need more - haha
@@biancardi Aw, I don't think age has is related with skin needing more products to be applied etc... I think it also has to do with genetics as my mum looks fab for her age (she's in her 80's), as she hardly has any wrinkles & has used Ponds cream for the majority of her life lol. 

Latest posts

Back