Sign in to follow this  
Reija

SquareHue March 2015 Spoilers

1920 Decades Collection arrives March 15th. Looks like there might be a maybe a peach colored polish based on the picture.

Square hue March 2015.jpg

Alright I'm in for March.  Don't let me down this month Square Hue! I'm wondering about a flapper-esque red shade. . . maybe a black for Black Tuesday? Other guesses?

• Like 1

I hope we get at least one super glittery. Or even two. Maybe a rose gold? Can't even guess on the colors.

I did get a tracking number last night but no pickup today. I won't get mine til next week I bet. Someone will probably spoil it soon.

• Like 2

I got a tracking number but my box is still only in "pre-shipment info received" by the post office, so who knows when it'll get here.  A box about the 1920s better be flashy!

p.s.  Also, the 03.15 in the ad means March of 2015, not March 15th.  Beware the Ides of March.

• Like 1

Mine is still showing "pre-shipment info sent to USPS" too. Since March 3rd. I wonder what's going on! Looks like a long wait this month.....booooooo. I'm hoping for that gold that's been predicted! :)

• Like 1

And... two days after my last post, my box is still in "pre-shipment."  This is sadly becoming the norm with SquareHue and I'm tired of it.  They need to either find another post office or something.  :angry:   I mean, I was charged almost a month ago for this box.

Edit:  Just got an email blaming the shipping delay on weather.  Really?  Didn't know southern Florida had it so rough this week.  ???

Edited by TheSilverNail
  • Like 2

Wonder what happened to the Lookbook feature on Squarehue.com? The last entry was 10.14, Milan.

I agree. Whoever put them together really did a good job of unifying the colors and fashion. When it comes to the boxes so far this year, I've been unimpressed and I'd love to know what they were thinking.

And... two days after my last post, my box is still in "pre-shipment."  This is sadly becoming the norm with SquareHue and I'm tired of it.  They need to either find another post office or something.  :angry:   I mean, I was charged almost a month ago for this box.

Edit:  Just got an email blaming the shipping delay on weather.  Really?  Didn't know southern Florida had it so rough this week.  ???

That email gave me a major case of eyeroll. Even on the months that they've "shipped" my box early, there is usually a six-day dead period in my tracking before it even leaves Florida, and then usually a three-day holdup in customs.... By the time it makes it to me in Canada, it's the 18th or 20th. I don't expect to even see this box during March at all. There's no good reason for them to charge $9 for shipping here when it's that slow.

The thing that's kept me a subscriber is the occasional great color. (These are never their creams, which are usually pretty meh for me--but their alternative finishes have been genuinely exciting and wear well on my nails.) I also like that giving back is a huge part of their company culture. But the War Crinoline experience, and with the shipping always being a serious downer, I'm ready to cut them loose myself. I think I'll give them until the June box. I hope they really impress me between now and then.

• Like 3

Mine finally is in the USPS system and has been picked up. Estimated delivery date is Monday. We'll see about that.

Here's the card for this month. I think I'm in love with that copper. That is one color that I don't have in my collection.

Edited to add the back of the card. Forgot about that.

post-112285-0-00326300-1425935923_thumb.jpg

post-112285-0-73594800-1425936160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karly65
  • Like 1

Thanks for the spoilers.  I'm OK with the colors and like the copper, but I'm not wowed.  Guess I was expecting something a little more wild for the Roaring Twenties.

• Like 1

Hmm. . . not that psyched about the copper but am definitely excited to see some different finishes in there! Is Cocktails and Cigarettes more peach or pink-leaning? It looks kind of peachy on the swatch.

Well, just got my box.  Seriously unimpressed.  We got a pink in both January and February, plus a silver/gray in January.  Cocktails & Cigarettes is a 1960s "Frosty Grandma" shade to me, but maybe it'll come back in style.  I like the copper but am going to be suspending my account for a few months.

Yes, I'm picky.  Very picky.  'Cause it's my money!

• Like 2

::checking watch & calendar:::  It's March 10th & I still don't have my box? And I live in the same dagburn state as Square Hue?! I'm trying really hard not to be negative and not come off as entitled, but with pink #3 in my future I'm struggling. 

I love the username Frosty Grandma!

• Like 1

Yes, at least I'm glad my box came today because tomorrow would have been my billing date for the April box if I didn't pause my account.  I was waiting to see what this one was like before deciding.  :-(

I still don't have my box. I'm struggling with this. On one hand:

• They charge $5 for shipping & I'm still waiting for a package that should have arrived already.  I live in the same damn state! Priority mail is cheaper and much faster. 
  • They send out many similar colors (The whites in the first couple of months of Passport: Collection?) and when directly asked about it, they ignored me.
  • They sent out an actual dupe last month.

On the other hand:

• They refunded $7 for the olive green color.
  • They sent me January's Decade box.
  • When they get the colors right, they really get them right! They do a damn good job. I'm still gushing over November's & December's Passport Collections. Can't pronounce the polish names, but those colors are gorgeous.

Grrr...

• Like 1

Harriette, I am almost to the point of cancelling altogether.  It's a rare month when I like all three colors, although I did for January of this year.  This March box, ugh, I only like one color, so basically I paid $15 for it because the others are going in my giveaway drawer.

The gimmicks (Passport Collection, decades blurbs) just aren't doing it for me any more when I think about the actual money I'm spending.  I may look at the colors that are released and then, if there's one I just can't live without, find a cheaper dupe.  If SquareHue would start selling colors individually, I'd buy from them though.

• Like 2

Friday the 13th turned out to be a good polish day for me. Finally got my SquareHue box. I like the copper and swatched it this afternoon. For a metallic, brush strokes were at a minimum. It wasn't great with self-leveling but it was easy enough to work with. I'm not a big gold or silver fan (sorry, SilverNail!) but I love me some copper so I was happy. SilverNail -- did you get this month's box? If not, I will be happy to send you the silver.

Good thing #2 (actually #1 because this happened first). Stopped off at Ulta on my way home from work. I spied one lonely bottle of Sozzled in the butter London display last week-end and was curious if it was still there. St. Paddy's Day is just around the corner & I need green. Okay, so the ending of that sentence really should be "like a hole in the head," only because I pulled out all my greens to add to Reija's post. Um... I've got 40... But enough about my addiction. Back to Ulta! Ran into Ulta, Sozzled was still there. I pulled up my Ulta app and had my $3.50 off coupon all ready to go. Salesperson says to me "Your total is $7.47 so it's not enough for the coupon." I bought a bL for less than the cost of an Essie?! Friday the 13th wins again!

Edited by Hariette
  • Like 3

Ok so the copper is actually quite pretty with its pinky undertones.  I like.  The silver is nothing special but I do like that it's got a bit more depth than silvers I have owned in the past (I also like that my husband used it to give me a pedicure so maybe I'm biased, lol!).  As for the sheer, I have it on my fingernails right now and it's not as awful as I thought it would be.  The green-blue shine makes it feel a little more modern than some other sheers I've used in the past and it is nice enough (if boring) for daily wear.  No new faves here but all colours I will wear.

• Like 1

Thanks, Hariette -- yes, I did get the March box.  I like the light copper quite a bit.  The silver is good too but I have several dupes.

I'm just not seeing that SquareHue is progressing or coming up with anything really new.  Satins?  Mattes?  More holos in addition to the one they've had?

• Like 2