Layering cream eyeshadow and powder shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 I have very oily lids and love the look of both cream eyeshadows and powder eyeshadows.

** I also have sensitive skin and most primers I just cannot use.**

My question is, since I like to use BOTH cream and (pressed) powder shadows, which should I apply first?

( I've tried each separately and both fade/disappear by the end of the day).

And since I can't use most primers, what is a good alternative ?

( I am allergic to talc, and do not use products containing fragrance, glycols or parabens.)

Any specific advice/tips are appreciated.  Thanxx  :luv: :luv:

I have oily lids as well.  I can use primers but find that I don't need to.  I use the MAC paint pots as a base color.  Then I add powder shadows on top.  I like the Urban Decay formula for dry shadows but there are a lot of good ones out there.  Sometimes I finish off with a white cream shadow in the inside corners of my eyes or in the very center of the lid.  This lasts all day for me. Good Luck!

I'm not sure if this will do the trick for you, but my face used to be oily, oily, oily.  Years ago I came across a product that used to be carried in Kerr drug stores called Cabot Seban solution.  I thought I would die when the Kerr Drug chain closed down, but I was able to find the product online a few years later. 

As I have aged my skin isn't nearly as oily, so I rarely use it anymore.  However, when I was younger, I would use the pre-packaged wipes after showering, and I would have NO oil... I mean ZERO... for a good 5 or 6 hours.  Here's a link to the product:

http://www.cooperlabs.com/Seban/

It doesn't dry the skin *at all* unlike a lot of products made for oily skin.  It simply stops the production of oil somehow.  They also claim it to be non-comedogenic, fragrance free (it is), hypo allergenic and oil free.  I think it would be worth checking out.

I like using Bobbi Brown long-wear cream eye shadow for the base and then layer other shadows on top. Seems to last longer that way. I also have pretty sensitive skin and Lancome, Chanel and Guerlain primers don't seem to irritate my eye lids.

Back