K-Beauty Spa Night Sunday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah...it is sunday and in some parts of the world, already evening!   What are you doing tonight to pamper yourself with K-Beauty?  If it something that you have used before, let us know why you love it.

Tonight, I am trying new things and in honor of the 2nd part of the 5th season of the walking dead premiering tonight, I will peel my feet (ahaha)

juntenshi spider pack lifting (this is new to me, just got this earlier this week)

kocost foot therapy peeling (I have several of these but never tried them...)

petitfee 98% hydro gel collagen & CoQ10 eye patch

baviphat woori gokmul mung beans mask sheet

avec moi intensive nail pack , followed by

avec moi camellia hand mask

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably be asleep too early to participate (pregnancy is exhausting lol) but I did just have a long soak in the tub and used the last of the Pure Smile Jewelery Bubble Ruby facial mask.  Not my fave in terms of effect but I do like the feel of squishing the foam under my fingers - not to mention taking the time to massage my skin a little.  Maybe I'll make my husband give me a foot rub while we watch TWD too (although that might end up being tomorrow night since it's on so late) - Calmia Silky Soft foot cream.  I just wish my RRS order would arrive - I have 2 Welcos Merit Killing Me Zombie products coming! How could I resist?  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@biancardi I used that juntenshi spider pack lifting Friday night. My face felt very soft afterward but as it was drying my face got tighter and tighter that I could not move my mouth. Also don't get it to close to your under eye area as it really pulls your skin. I put the goop real close to my hairline and once it was dry, it was about 3/4 of an inch from my hairline, it pulls that tight! but I like it, LOL

I did my Sunday K-Beauty Spa Night early. Here is what I did:

Muddy Girl wash off mask in Kaolin (single use)

This is the first time I used this brand and I used a brush to apply it. There was quite a lot in this pack so I put it on my neck too. I do not have sensitive skin but it sure burned like heck while putting it on and I almost washed it right off but decided to tough it out. The burning subsided quickly and then felt cooler as it dried. I waited 15 minutes then washed it off. My skin felt very clean and soft and was not red. I do like it and have the Pearl version also which I will try another night.

Leaders Insolution Aloe Soothing Skin Renewal Sheet Mask

This is one of my favorite sheet mask brands although this is the first Aloe one I have tried from this brand. It's a very thin sheet and looks almost translucent like you have nothing on, but soaked with essence. It fits really well and stays on great. I laugh when they say "lay down on rest" as I'm always doing something while wearing them, tonight it's laundry, LOL. My sheet masks never dry on my face since I have oily skin so my skin soaks up what essence it needs. I left this on for 25 minutes. My face looks plump and well hydrated.

My Pu: Black Pearl & Gold Velvet Eye Patches

These were in the Night Care box and this is my first time using them. They are some slimy patches and thick too. I had to keep checking to make sure I only grabbed one with plastic tweezers. They are a dark green color with gold matallic flecks. They stay on really well even though they are slimy. I left them on for 30 Minutes since I'm old and need all the help I can get, LOL. My under eye was very hydrated and plump and definitely more moisturized after I took them off. I like these and will use them a few times a week.

And I finished off my pampering by whitening my teeth! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's what my night involved

Nature Republic Lemon Foot Peeling Mask

I'm really glad I wore my crocs (don't judge, they were great for working in a kitchen) while I was wearing these because the booties started to split. 

Pureplus Hydrogel Finger Patches

Ackward to put on, and I actually ended up mixing up my left and right hands, but my cuticles looked nice after

To The Nature Black Rice Eye Mask

Much like eye creams, I'm not convinced these do anything but I still use them

Pure Skin Hand and Nail Pack

Average hand mask

Memebox Hydrogel Sheet Mask

This was my biggest disappointment of the night. After hearing so many people say how much they love these, I was completely underwhelmed. My face did not feel moisturized afterwards at all. In fact, if it's possible, parts of my face felt drier. It did fit well and stayed in place, but I wouldn't try these again. Well, guess I couldn't even if I loved them. 

I'm just now starting to actually use my masks.. I have such a hard time staying put long enough to leave it on my face!

I used a MBD red wine mask.. I was pleasantly surprised!! The only couple others I've tried were pretty heavy on my skin (I think it was a dewytree honey mask) and took a LONG time to completely absorb. This one actually wasn't heavy at all on my face and didn't take long at all to finish absorbing into my skin. So far, it's a winner!

Didn't take part on Sunday as too busy getting organised for Monday morning but did use one of the pure smile muddy girl facepacks on Friday night and hubby said my face did feel much smoother.

Also wading my way through the Insobeau z cream so slapped that on my legs and arms. I'm about half way down the tub so should have it finished by the end of the month!

And those Pisteo serums seem to last forever! I've been putting that on most nights before bed and I've still not finished the first vial..I've either got a very small face or Korean ladies ladle the stuff on each evening lol!

I had a wonderful relaxing  warm bath using the lovely Oriflame's Swedish Spa Beauty Wonder Oil which makes my body feel so soft.

I tried Afyna's Detoxifying Body Scrub, which unfortunately doesn't smell very nice at all but gets the job done. I think I got the Detoxifying Body Scrub from Birch Box or Glossy Box & needless to say I won't be purchasing it.

As Sunday was my night off Retin-A,  I used the following at the end of my night care routine:-

Elizavecca Water Coating Aqua Brightening Mask (Day time treat, but just had to mention how much I LOVE this mask again)

Back to Sunday night....

MJCARE - Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask, 

Elizavecca Hyaluronic Acid Serum 100%  

Silver Serum 

Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream 

& Etude House Play Therapy Firming UP Sleeping Pack. (I so need to buy more sleeping packs!)

NB. My current skincare routine: 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/135769-whats-your-current-routine/?p=2377693

Not much of a spa night compared to some of you ladies. 

@biancardi & @LoveSkinCare  I'm so curious now about the Juntenshi spider pack lifting. How long did the 'lifting' effect last & would it be too drying for my dry cheeks?

@@Alidolly I just saw a fab review on your Insobeau z cream, so I'm going to try & order that. Do you use that on your face too or just your arms & legs?

@SaigonKim  I didn't notice any lifting effect (maybe I have too much to lift!!) after I rinsed off the mask.  When the mask was on, it was lifting all right - haha.   My face was smoother and soft, like @@LoveSkinCare mentioned, and I did notice my pores were smaller and tighter in appearance, but it is all temporary.  

The items I used last night

The Avei Moi products were really moisturizing - both the nail & hand masks were full of essence.  The kocost foot therapy actually felt like my feet were "burning" - not sure what was up with that, but I will find out in a week or so how well these stand up to Nature Republic's foot peeling masks

petitfee 98% hydro gel collagen & CoQ10 eye patch - they are a dry patch, not a lot of essence. 

baviphat woori gokmul mung beans mask sheet - I like my masks full of essence.  These were okay, but it did dry out quickly on my face.  I think I just like the little mung bean guy on the package! haha

@@biancardi Thank you so much for your reviews, you're truly an inspirational lady!

I'm quite chubby at the moment so need as much lifting as possible lol! 

I'm going to follow your lead with the hand & feet masks. I forget that age can show there too, so I'd better start now. It's just so expensive in London & I tend to do my own basic manicure & pedicures over here... except when I return to Vietnam as it's so cheap over there to pamper myself from head to toe at the beauty parlours. 

Thanks again! xox

@@SaigonKim I've just been using it on my arms / legs as its actually past its use by date (which was the 25/1) but still smells fine so was using it up by alternating between that and the AHC Miracle multi cream which also has a relatively short use by date.

Both seem to melt onto the skin and are a bit greasy to start with but do sink in. I've sensitive skin so felt they were both a bit thick for face use but are lovely on my legs / knees etc.

Put some of the Benton essence on the back of my hand this afternoon so no reaction yet...fingers crossed its the HG that everyone seems to rave about with me too...especially as I bought the value set and already have one bottle of the essence from another box (but hadnt got round to trying it).

The Memebox website just looks sad at the moment...hope they stock loads of really good products for the US at competitive prices for you guys. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@SaigonKim I didn't notice much lifting after the spider mask but my skin looked and felt really nice. But it sure was tight as it was drying, LOL. I will keep using it once a week and maybe it's something that you notice more lifting over time.

@@Alidolly you are right that the AHC Miracle multi cream is greasy! I put it on my legs and arms as I already have oily skin that I won't put that on my face.

@@biancardi, since we both did foot peeling masks we'll have to keep updating to see which one of us turns into a shedding mess first. I think we can skip the disgusting pictures though. 

I've just been using it on my arms / legs as its actually past its use by date (which was the 25/1) but still smells fine so was using it up by alternating between that and the AHC Miracle multi cream which also has a relatively short use by date.
@@Alidolly Oh my, that sucks with the expiration date! I didn't think it would be legal to sell products that were passed their expiration date & hope you got some compensation?

Due to Retin-A my skin has become dry & sensitive on my cheeks, so glad to know the Insobeau Z cream eventually sinks in. Thanks again for your review!

Btw I'm so happy you're not allergic to the Benton essence as it's been fabulous at calming my acne outbreaks & since using it I've had no hormonal or stress related outbreaks. I hope you enjoy your Benton set too!

@@LoveSkinCare Thank you so much, I'll certainly consider purchasing the Juntenshi spider pack lifting, especially since I've just read @biancardi 's blog post!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Have a rare day off (daughter at nursery and hubby at work so just me and the dog) so might have a go with one of the Ettang Modelling cups this afternoon. Been meaning to try them for a while but just never had the time. Wish me luck...(and I'll be keeping it MILES away from the sink lol!)

Have a rare day off (daughter at nursery and hubby at work so just me and the dog) so might have a go with one of the Ettang Modelling cups this afternoon. Been meaning to try them for a while but just never had the time. Wish me luck...(and I'll be keeping it MILES away from the sink lol!)
and don't get this stuff on clothes.  It never comes out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and don't get this stuff on clothes. It never comes out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks for the tip! I'm waiting on a delivery (raised garden bed thing for Kirsty to grow some veggies over the summer) so debating whether to wait and see if it comes this avo or just take the chance it won't arrive and slap the stuff on..then scare the bejesus out of the delivery guy if it does...(manic laugh!!). Been lifting toys and putting them away most of the morning. Santa has a lot to answer for!!

another week!  Even if you don't do your spa night on sunday, you can post your pampering products anytime :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tonight

Elephant 3 step black head nose pack - this will take about 40 minutes!

Then Etude House Honey Wash Off Pack followed by Nature Republic Snail mask, with eye gels (not yet sure which ones I will use)

My feet will get the avec moi foot mask

I haven't used any of these products before and will post an update on what I felt about them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back