biancardi

K-Beauty Spa Night Sunday

My Family Day spa day:  bubble bath with a Snail Bee Mask (Benton), foot scrub, maybe a foot rub this evening :)

Gotta love family day!

• Like 1

@@artemiss, I LOVE the Benton High Content Snail Bee Sheet Masks, Essence & Steam Cream.

Due to a family emergency I didn't get to use my Benton Essence, Steam Cream & Masks for a week & now my skin is breaking out (hormones & stress). I'm wearing my mask now & can certainly say they (Benton) are my HG products.

Btw, I hope you had a great time & result using your mask! 

• Like 1

@SaigonKim: Thanks! I did and I really do like the snail bee products! The essence is definitely going into my daily routine, and I plan on using the masks and steam cream at the very least after I do a peel to calm my skin down when it purges from them.

• Like 1

I ended up using the Hydro-Gel mask from the Lunar box tonight and really like it. I couldn't believe how much better my fine lines and wrinkles looked after. Now I'm interested in trying more masks. I also tried the toner and really liked the peach scent.

I didn't do a full k-beauty spa last night, I went with a PTR peeling gel and a Glamglow mask, instead, but I am so very impressed with the Snail Bee line, which I used after all that. Even the steam cream, which feels really heavy at first on my acne-prone skin, absorbs quickly and doesn't feel like it leaves an oily film on my skin like other moisturizers of that caliber do. I started out just putting it on my neck every day, but I might move it to nightly use on my face if it continues to be this kind to my spastic pores.

• Like 2

Ended up at my MIL's last night so tonight I will use up one of my old non-exciting clay masks (so I can move onto more exciting things) and maybe a snail foot mask followed by making DH paint my toenails (it's already hard to reach my feet - it's going to be a long 4 1/2 months!).

• Like 2

I didn't do a full k-beauty spa last night, I went with a PTR peeling gel and a Glamglow mask, instead, but I am so very impressed with the Snail Bee line, which I used after all that. Even the steam cream, which feels really heavy at first on my acne-prone skin, absorbs quickly and doesn't feel like it leaves an oily film on my skin like other moisturizers of that caliber do. I started out just putting it on my neck every day, but I might move it to nightly use on my face if it continues to be this kind to my spastic pores.

I think the steam cream will make an excellent night time moisturizer in the spring/summer. I was surprised at how matte is dries. I don't feel like it's heavy enough for winter though.

I know they've had their issues, but Benton really does make great products, and I can't sing enough praises. I am completely in love with the snail been sheet masks, pity they don't fit my face well though.

• Like 4

I finally got around to using the Skinfood Egg White mask tonight. It was really nice. My skin felt really clean after and pores looked good. I'll be putting this in my rotation for sure. My kids got a big kick out of the white mask on my face. They always think it's funny when I'm wearing a mask except the mask sheets. They think those ones are creepy. :)

• Like 1

While not entirely spa night, I've been using the stuff out of my Seeds and Flowers Memebox all this week. I really like the cleanser, although I find it a bit more stripping than I like, it does a sufficient job for morning, when I'm just going to slather a ton of moisturizers on anyway. I liked the way the Pure Green emulsion made my face feel, but I am pretty sure something in it was starting to trigger a breakout, as my skin calmed back down almost immediately once I pulled it from the regime. (It's strongly fragranced, and my skin tends to not like that for some reason, I suspect there is an essential oil I am allergic to, as I can usually tell what will likely make me itch/breakout by smell alone now, and this was flagged as 'watch' from the start. :/ )

• Like 1

While not entirely spa night, I've been using the stuff out of my Seeds and Flowers Memebox all this week. I really like the cleanser, although I find it a bit more stripping than I like, it does a sufficient job for morning, when I'm just going to slather a ton of moisturizers on anyway. I liked the way the Pure Green emulsion made my face feel, but I am pretty sure something in it was starting to trigger a breakout, as my skin calmed back down almost immediately once I pulled it from the regime. (It's strongly fragranced, and my skin tends to not like that for some reason, I suspect there is an essential oil I am allergic to, as I can usually tell what will likely make me itch/breakout by smell alone now, and this was flagged as 'watch' from the start. :/ )

I believe the cleanser has a ph of 7, which is why it makes you feel so dry after you use it.

• Like 1

Last night was a unexciting night. Just a Benton sheet mask. Didn't feel like doing any hand or feet mask. I've almost given up on trying to make my hands look decent until winter is over. All the creams and masks in the world don't seem to stand a chance again the dry air and cold. 

I'm a little late to the earlier conversation, but @@ChullBird I love the Benton Steam Cream as a night cream in the summer. I agree it's not quite enough for nights with the winter we've been getting this year, but it does a decent job during the day with other layers. I think I even used it occasionally during the day last summer. 

• Like 2

Guys I just tried the Holika, Holika Wine Therapy Sleeping Mask #Red wine. It was like a jelly texture like grape jam. It smells like grape juice and it goes on sticky, needs about 15-30 mins to dry and you sleep in it. It made my face so soft and noticeably brighter after 1 use! I also have very acne prone skin, like i can't leave the house w.o. makeup on.

This stuff helped with my acne, or made my acne cream more effective. I put on my acne cream and put the mask over it. My pimples visibly improved so much after 1 used. I paid around 13 dollars off amazon for it. Its sold out on MEMEBOX for 26 dollars a pop. I love love it so much!

• Like 1

I finally got around to using the Skinfood Egg White mask tonight. It was really nice. My skin felt really clean after and pores looked good. I'll be putting this in my rotation for sure. My kids got a big kick out of the white mask on my face. They always think it's funny when I'm wearing a mask except the mask sheets. They think those ones are creepy. :)

Lol - my son thinks sheet masks make me look like "a silly ghost".  Not sure why I look silly instead of scary but at least it doesn't freak him out.

As for me, nothing last night but the other day, I did try one of my Baroness Green Tea masks (just okay quality but great scent) and a Tonymoly snail foot mask (did a nice job but I always find the booties kind of weird while wearing them).  I made DH try a sheet mask too so he could see what the fuss was (he picked 3W's Coenzyme Q10 mask - it had *lots* of essence).  He said it was weird but, aside from asking how much longer he "needed" to keep it on his face, didn't complain and found his skin felt smoother :)

• Like 1

Wednesday night is my mask night (as dont work on Thursday so if my face does decide to blow up like a balloon, no-one at my work will the the aftermath!).

Tonight it was thr turn of the Gold Label Repescargo hydrogel mask from the Shara Shara skincare season two set that memebox put out back Feb. I hadnt tried a hydrogel before so felt a bit weird and it was also in two parts (top and bottom). Fitted ok though and initially nice and cooling. Left it on for about 15 minutes then removed as face started feeling a bit itchy.

Will see how it goes and if any reactions..

• Like 1

The mask I used couple of weeks ago was in two pieces and the gel like texture was kind of weird but my skin ended up being ok and it fit ok too. I was really surprised. Hope your skin doesn't react badly to it

• Like 1

Tried one of the Ettang modelling cups last night. A bit messy (to say the least!) but face did feel very soft afterwards - even hubby said so. Did kinda look like a zombie while peeling it off so now know what to dress up as for Halloween this year to scare the local kids lol!

No reaction today either (so far anyway) so would say they are a success...

• Like 1

Tried one of the Skinfood Honey Sugar Bath Fizzers tonight. Pretty strong smell initially and boy does it fizz when added to the bath (fully dissolved in less than 20 seconds and no "gritty" bits at the bottom of the tub either.

• Like 1

Tonight I tried one of the Juntenshi Spider Powder face lifting packs as daughter wanted me to try a "funny face mask mummy"

Edited by Alidolly
  • Like 1

I tried the Take My hands Nail Sheet pack from Beauteque tonight. That was an interesting experience since I had never tried a nail mask before. I needed help getting the other mask on my other hand because it was difficult to slide it over my fingers when my other hand was already inside the little finger parts. My kids thought it was the funniest thing because the mask looked so funny on my fingers, covering the nails. It was nice because it forced me to just sit there since I couldn't use my fingers so no multitasking of reading or anything else at the same time. :) After taking the mask off, I massaged the left over in my cuticles and fingers as per instructions. My fingers are so soft now and smell so nice. I don't think my nails/hands have ever felt this nice. This is not a mask I would have thought to buy so I was glad it was in my last Beauteque monthly so I could try it. Now I'm convinced that these masks are totally worth it for nail/hand care especially mine that take a beating from housework etc.

• Like 2

I just found this part of the site - I usually hang out in the No Buy area. Last summer I was interested in Memboxes, but I cut myself off as I could not stop buying them. I still have some products left from that time and from the Beauteque BB Bag, so I decided to try this as a way to use them up. This is not too exciting as you ladies will have already seen or purchased these last year:

Spa Vita Berry Treatment (conditioner - Memebox Hair and Body 2)

Happy Weekend Rainbow Shower (shower gel - Memebox Hair and Body 2)

Grinif Oatmeal Scrub Bar (Memebox Whole Grain)

It's skin green tea makeup remover pads (BB Bag)

Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream (BB Bag)

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream (BB Bag)

L.Vida Lavender Oil for nails (Memebox hair and Body 2) 

I also got back into the Korean drama I was watching last summer. Last summer, I got halfway through and stopped watching. 

Edited by EdithS2

Words can not express how much I love the vita berry shampoo and conditioner. That brand is difficult to find, and the vita berry was sold out on wishtrend for months. I haven't looked recently though.

• Like 1

another fan of the vita berry shampoo - I purchased one along with the migabee honey oil wash off of someone who was trying to destash.  My precious...

anyway, last night, I had a light spa night - put my feet up in baby soft holika holika feet masks, my ice water eye gels from togospa (not korean, but you all need to try these), and my leaders blueberry coconut mask.

I was refreshed from head to toe!  And those leaders - talk about essence - I took the paper coverings and wiped my hands and arms with them to give them a treatment too!

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

I used the Holika Holika baby soft feet masks this weekend too. I hope it doesn't take as long to peel as it did the first time I tried a foot mask because  my feel feel dry as the Sahara, and they're itchy. I can't handle this for 5+ more days. I'm soaking my feet when I get home from work tonight.