Canceling Birchbox To Go To Boxycharm...Thoughts?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lately I have been so disappointed in my Birchboxes. They really do not excite me anymore and I find myself being disappointed since a lot of people get good things in their subscription boxes and mine is just kind of blah.

My boyfriend gets Birchbox Man which I pay for for him. He loves it. It's more expensive but he gets such good things. Its just sad seeing my box compared to his and how excited he is over his products.

I really want to try out Boxycharm but I don't know too much about it as it seems to be a smaller subscription service and not as well known like Birchbox or Ipsy. The reasons I've held on to BB this long is

1.) I bought my mother a year subscription and she thinks its so cool that it's something we can share together
2.) The point system

But lately the products have been so tiny or products I just don't use. I have very big Texas Girl hair and a shampoo bottle that barely gets me one shampoo if I'm lucky just isn't cutting it for me. I want products I can be excited about and a box I can look forward to each month.

What are your thoughts/advice about this situation, plus your thoughts on Birchbox and Boxycharm? 

Love BoxyCharm. If you're not happy with BirchBox, give them a try. If you look in the boxycharm thread, you can see the spoilers for this month! The brands aren't quite as good as BirchBox, but pretty close. I like to think of BoxyCharm as a much, much better Ipsy (or before Ipsy started sending nothing but samples :/). Full-sized products, from better brands, for $11 more a month. Last month we got Tarte, which was awesome!

I am letting my BB expire in June as, like you, I have been unimpressed. Well, except for this month because I am getting the Beauty Blender but other than that I have rec'd 7 boring boxes.  I would cancel now but I bought a year sub through Living Social and have to ride it out.   I LOVE my Boxycharm, though.  For $10 more the value is off the charts.  I would give it a shot, for sure!

Back