Boxycharm vs. Glossybox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm considering picking up a new subscription. I currently have Ipsy, Birchbox & Julep. I'm torn between Boxycharm & Glossybox. Looking for opinions. Thanks!

I subscribe to both and I really like both subs. However, I would probably say that glossybox is my favorite. Glossybox just feels more luxe and like more of a treat to me. I think boxycharm usually has a higher value though, but I don't like some of the brands that boxycharm uses.

I kind of think of Glossybox as a more upscale Birchbox with way bigger sample sizes (often full-size items -- this month, four out of the five items are full size) and Boxycharm as an Ipsy box with way bigger sample sizes (almost everything is full-size also; some months, everything is full-size and others four out of the five things are full-size).  Glossy is my favorite of the four boxes I get (Glossy, Boxy, Birch, and Ipsy).  You definitely get more body/skin/haircare than makeup in Glossy, although there is almost always at least one makeup item.  Most of the things that I have loved in my subscription boxes and have bought more of have come from my Glossybox (e.g., Teadora Lip Butter, OCC Lip Tar, Kneipp bath oils).  Usually in my Boxycharm, there is one thing I l love, one thing I think "WTF were they thinking?" and three things that are kind of in the middle.  In Boxycharm last month, there was a full-size Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum (worth $47, love it!) and there was also a sheet of these weird jewelry looking temporary tattoos (what am I going to do with those?!!!!).  

I kind of think of Glossybox as a more upscale Birchbox with way bigger sample sizes (often full-size items -- this month, four out of the five items are full size) and Boxycharm as an Ipsy box with way bigger sample sizes (almost everything is full-size also; some months, everything is full-size and others four out of the five things are full-size).  Glossy is my favorite of the four boxes I get (Glossy, Boxy, Birch, and Ipsy).  You definitely get more body/skin/haircare than makeup in Glossy, although there is almost always at least one makeup item.  Most of the things that I have loved in my subscription boxes and have bought more of have come from my Glossybox (e.g., Teadora Lip Butter, OCC Lip Tar, Kneipp bath oils).  Usually in my Boxycharm, there is one thing I l love, one thing I think "WTF were they thinking?" and three things that are kind of in the middle.  In Boxycharm last month, there was a full-size Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum (worth $47, love it!) and there was also a sheet of these weird jewelry looking temporary tattoos (what am I going to do with those?!!!!).  
I feel exactly the same way about your comparison! The only thing stopping me from staying subbed to glossy is the customer service. :/

I'm interested in trying Boxycharm and seeing how it compares. I just signed up. I've been getting Glossybox for a while and like it. I actually have unsubscribed and resubscribed with them a few times. I always come back to Glossybox. I remember one month I didn't get it a while back because I had just unsubscribed and I was so mad so I signed up again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Latest posts

Back