Advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey!!

So in my first beauty box my last months beauty box they messed up so I emailed and complained.. because as a Canadian lol I spent like 33 bucks on this box so I totally want my moneys worth. Anywho! They emailed back with a list of items I could add to this months box which im totally impressed about! Im new to makeup though, lol ive always been a drugstore makeup kinda lady, so Im not sure on what item to choose? Hoping some of you ladies who have been with this box and know the product better can help me decide! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment
Batiste Dry Shampoo
Benefit They're real mascara
Bulgari Eau Parfumee - au the Blanc Soap
Ciate Paint Pot - Kitten Heels
Dr Lili Fan Probiotic Eye Serum
Eslor Cream
Essie Madison Ave-Hue
Essie She's Pampered
Glossybox Blush
Juice Beauty Age Defy Moisturizer
Kneipp Lavender Herbal Bath
Kocostar Hair Therapy Mask
Kryolan Highlighter
Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
Mastey Therapy Spray
Nicka Makeup Brush
Philip B Detangling Mist
Proganix Anti Fade Cherry Blossom Weightless Argan Oil
Proganix PGX Curls Agave Nectar Scrunch Finish Spray and Defrizzant
Royal Apothic Moisturizing Body Creme
Rusk Dry Finishing Spray
SESHA Botanical Hydro Mask
SESHA Cell-White Brightening Mask
Skin Nutrition Cell-CPR
Strange Beautiful Duo Polish
Sumita Beauty Eyeshadow Pencil (Champagne)
Vince Camuto Parfum

thanks a billion! xo

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

That's a hard list to choose from. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It depends on what type of product you are looking for. For hair care I like Batiste Dry Shampoo, Rush Dry Finishing Spray and Philip B Detangling Mist. If you are looking for a mascara to try, I like the Benefit They're real mascara. Essie polishes are nice too. Not sure if I'm helping here since I'm giving too many options. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I've only been subboxing about 6 months and I have more nail polish, mascara and hair care than I'll probably ever use.  The Kryolan highlighter, I think, was exclusive to Glossybox and was a good size/value.  The Vince Camuto perfume I got was a mini bottle that smelled nice and is cute on my vanity.  

That's awesome that they gave you so many options!

I only rec'd Glossybox for 2 months & also had some "issues" shall we say. Amongst other things in my first box an item (OCC lip tar, which I was most excited to be getting) was missing and the perfume had leaked all over but I digress.

Here are a some thoughts/ additional info re: a few of your options:

As mentioned already the Kryolan Highlighter it was a limited edition item made just for Glossybox this fall (October's box I think) so unlike some of the other items it's something that you know you won't ever get in another sub box, can't get at the store, etc.; outside of swapping this would likely be the only chance to get if. it's a cream highlighter in the shade "Cashmere" & is a champagne-ish tone In addition to use on the face it makes a great inner-corner highlight. Size-wise it's a smallish squared-off pot of sorts, similar actually to a gel/cream liner. I just pulled mine out & it's 4.5grams. A little bit goes a long way - I use mine at least a few days every week & I've barely put a dent in it. I particularly love it for travel/ on-the-go...both b/c of the compact size & b/c there's no chase of it breaking/ cracking as there is w/ pressed powders )& the packaging is very sturdy/ solid). B/c of the above-mentioned issues w/ my first box I actually rec'd a 2nd one of these (as they just sent me a whole new box) & while I cannot imagine how long it will take me to finish my first one I like it enough that I'm likely keeping the other as a back up.

While I can't be certain, I'm guessing that the "Glossybox Blush" listed is another Kryolan product that was a special shade made for Glossybox. If so the shade is "Glossy Rosewood" & I 'd describe it as a muted/ dusty rosey mauve shade? I'm sure you can find a picture & maybe even swatches if you search the name; I believe it was in November's box. I'm quite fair & on me it's a nice natural shade, almost a just-in-from-the-cold sort of flush, but I'm not great at visualizing what something will look like in different skin tones. It's a pressed powder & is 2.5grams. It has good staying power on me...not my longest-lasting blush but pretty good.

The VInce Camuto perfume is in a very cute/ nice bottle & is primarily a floral scent (aka the one that spilled in my first box

Last edited by a moderator:
Back