Looking for help or advice?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Sarah and new to Makeup Talk.

I actually tried to post this in the Beauty Bloggers group, but it won't let me post a new thread?  :blink2:

Anyhow, I'm a beauty blogger. Or was until today, I guess...

I made the decision to discontinue after two years, because I honestly didn't feel I was any good whatsoever.

To be honest it's really hit me, because it was a huge part of my life (as I'm sure other bloggers can understand what I mean?).

I tried so hard for two years to improve my content, layout, theme, my photography...Everything.

To no avail.

It still looked shoddy to me...and I guess to others, too!?

All my efforts and attempts at advertising also went completely ignored, and it got to me so much because I worked so incredibly hard for hours a day, (and spent money on better camera equipment, software and a domain etc) and all for nothing, it seems.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel so discouraged and let down because I really did try everything I could to improve, because I wanted to help people and be relatable, I suppose. I'm beating myself up over this.

In a final attempt at salvaging my disaster of a beauty blog, can anyone please give me any advice?

Thank you x

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Sorry don't have much advice on blogging but hope others can help you. Sorry to hear you are discouraged. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Sometimes things take a long time to take off and take a lot of work. Hope you can still turn it around and continue.

Hi! Welcome to MUT! Sorry don't have much advice on blogging but hope others can help you. Sorry to hear you are discouraged. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sometimes things take a long time to take off and take a lot of work. Hope you can still turn it around and continue.
Thank you so much! And I hope so too, but maybe it was not meant to be?

x

Hi Sara I am sorry your so discouraged. What was it that drew you to blogging? Have you ever found a blogger that inspired you? In anything we do we can be discouraged. There are going to be low points and high points. What if you big break or whatever your goal that you were trying to achieve is right around the corner. If none of this inspires you then maybe it is time to move on. I just hate to see all of what you have put into Blogging go to waste per say.

Back