Asian Cleansers pH data

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay thanks everyone!

I actually spent the night ph testing all of my stuff. Yep. ALL of my products lol.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that a good chunk of my spot treatments and sunscreens had a high ph.

I also discovered that almost every single cream I own has a ph of between 5 and 5.5. The only one that didnt' was the Pro You Aroma AC Cream from one of the Free From Oil and Troubles boxes...it had a ph of 8! That's insane for a cream!

You guys should seriously just spend the night testing stuff- it's actually pretty fun! haha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It also made it easier for me to get rid of stuff too- Anything with a pH over 6 is out the door!

Yay thanks everyone!

I actually spent the night ph testing all of my stuff. Yep. ALL of my products lol.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that a good chunk of my spot treatments and sunscreens had a high ph.

I also discovered that almost every single cream I own has a ph of between 5 and 5.5. The only one that didnt' was the Pro You Aroma AC Cream from one of the Free From Oil and Troubles boxes...it had a ph of 8! That's insane for a cream!

You guys should seriously just spend the night testing stuff- it's actually pretty fun! haha ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It also made it easier for me to get rid of stuff too- Anything with a pH over 6 is out the door!
I have 2000 litmus strips coming any day now from Amazon. I will be testing EVERYTHING.

BTW, I had a very lovely and enlightening chat with a US Memebox Customer Experience team yesterday for 45 minutes. 

Because I have read the Memebox threads all the way through, I believe I was able to address the things which concern many of us. 

I am hoping we start to see boxes with more than 5 products again, and one product not being one sheet mask.

I also told the team that we can buy our own Skinfood, Tony Moly Liole, Holika Holika and Missha products elsewhere for a lower price unless they ramp up the value sets again.

That we love the brands which don't export out of Korea as a brand- the things which are new to us.

Most of what I said was very positive, with the hope that Memebox US will become more like Memebox Korea. ( except for the orange and peach shades of cosmetic products).

Everyone may not agree, but since I have purchased multiples of many of the Memebox- branded eye and lip products, I said that I really liked the line, thought the price was remarkable, and hope it continues. 

I especially love the Yeondukong shading and highlighting sticks! They are great for me.

Lastly, I expressed female dismay at the antics of Loo and the founder regarding the IG fiasco and rude comments about women. I felt there was enough unhappiness about it to bring it up as what should not be done or said against women. 

@@GirlyGirlie they are calling me tomorrow and the things you wrote above are some of the exact same that I plan to talk to them about. I've started my list of what I plan to talk to them about. I think it's great that we actually get to talk to them on the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet, it's super helpful! I could tell my Egg White Pore Foam cleanser was drying my skin & this doc confirms (PHL 8)!

This will certainly help me to buy the right PH level cleansers. Thanks again!  :sunshine:

I see a lot of types listed on the cleanser list except for the oil ones. Have they just not been tested?

I see a lot of types listed on the cleanser list except for the oil ones. Have they just not been tested?
From Skin and Tonics:

It’s worth noting that there’s no need to worry about pH where oils are concerned. Only materials and solutions containing water have a pH, so plant oils are neither acid nor alkaline. EDIT 06/01/2014: Plant oils do have a pH, but it’s not easily measurable using a pH strip since the strips can only measure the acidity/alkalinity of aqueous solutions. I’ll be updating with more information about this when I know of a way oil pH can easily be measured at home.

Hmm... No one has done the Peripera Aqua Berry Foaming Cleanser. Dangit. I don't want to open mine just to toss it. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So what foam cleansers is everyone using? Even with the proper ph, I'm pretty sure the Hado Labo cleanser is too drying for me. I wish skincare wasn't so YMMV and more one size fits all.  

I just say no to foam cleansers. All of them. They make my skin way too dry. Even with the right PH.

I just use a neutrogena oil free acne cleanser. The PH is too low (4.5), but it works much better for me.

@@ChullBird I think I might look into non-foaming cleanser options. My skin definitely feels better with the Hado Labo cleanser then it used to, but I find right after I wash it feels so dry. I especially notice it during the wait time after I apply BHA because I only use BHA on certain parts of my face. 

Latest posts

Back