biancardi

Asian Cleansers pH data

there is a great google doc out there started by reddit that shows the pH levels of Asian Cleansers.  We can also add in our own findings here if we test a cleanser that isn't on the google docs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VqO_uF8m4oKBzzk5ass37gHcjIk-_2Tv4W2KgJJmUQc/edit#gid=1844869261

@Reija can this be pinned & sticked to the K-Beauty forum?

• Like 6

The Memebox addicts fb group has also been compiling a list of ph's of cleansers. It's not in a handy format, but I'll try to figure out a way to save and share the info here too. 

ETA: let me know if this works. This isn't just Asian cleaners and there is probably a lot of duplicate info to the reddit one.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J0c0Vzk13pw3QzdilxnrtRoFYjA32OEX6BLLvxdZKQo/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by blinded
  • Like 7

Yay thanks everyone!

I actually spent the night ph testing all of my stuff. Yep. ALL of my products lol.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that a good chunk of my spot treatments and sunscreens had a high ph.

I also discovered that almost every single cream I own has a ph of between 5 and 5.5. The only one that didnt' was the Pro You Aroma AC Cream from one of the Free From Oil and Troubles boxes...it had a ph of 8! That's insane for a cream!

You guys should seriously just spend the night testing stuff- it's actually pretty fun! haha ;)

It also made it easier for me to get rid of stuff too- Anything with a pH over 6 is out the door!

• Like 3

Yay thanks everyone!

I actually spent the night ph testing all of my stuff. Yep. ALL of my products lol.

Interestingly enough, I discovered that a good chunk of my spot treatments and sunscreens had a high ph.

I also discovered that almost every single cream I own has a ph of between 5 and 5.5. The only one that didnt' was the Pro You Aroma AC Cream from one of the Free From Oil and Troubles boxes...it had a ph of 8! That's insane for a cream!

You guys should seriously just spend the night testing stuff- it's actually pretty fun! haha ;)

It also made it easier for me to get rid of stuff too- Anything with a pH over 6 is out the door!

I have 2000 litmus strips coming any day now from Amazon. I will be testing EVERYTHING.

BTW, I had a very lovely and enlightening chat with a US Memebox Customer Experience team yesterday for 45 minutes. 

Because I have read the Memebox threads all the way through, I believe I was able to address the things which concern many of us. 

I am hoping we start to see boxes with more than 5 products again, and one product not being one sheet mask.

I also told the team that we can buy our own Skinfood, Tony Moly Liole, Holika Holika and Missha products elsewhere for a lower price unless they ramp up the value sets again.

That we love the brands which don't export out of Korea as a brand- the things which are new to us.

Most of what I said was very positive, with the hope that Memebox US will become more like Memebox Korea. ( except for the orange and peach shades of cosmetic products).

Everyone may not agree, but since I have purchased multiples of many of the Memebox- branded eye and lip products, I said that I really liked the line, thought the price was remarkable, and hope it continues. 

I especially love the Yeondukong shading and highlighting sticks! They are great for me.

Lastly, I expressed female dismay at the antics of Loo and the founder regarding the IG fiasco and rude comments about women. I felt there was enough unhappiness about it to bring it up as what should not be done or said against women. 

• Like 3

@@GirlyGirlie they are calling me tomorrow and the things you wrote above are some of the exact same that I plan to talk to them about. I've started my list of what I plan to talk to them about. I think it's great that we actually get to talk to them on the phone.

Edited by LoveSkinCare
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for the spreadsheet, it's super helpful! I could tell my Egg White Pore Foam cleanser was drying my skin & this doc confirms (PHL 8)!

This will certainly help me to buy the right PH level cleansers. Thanks again!  :sunshine:

I see a lot of types listed on the cleanser list except for the oil ones. Have they just not been tested?

I think it's hard to get a proper ph reading with strips and oil cleansers. 

I see a lot of types listed on the cleanser list except for the oil ones. Have they just not been tested?

From Skin and Tonics:

It’s worth noting that there’s no need to worry about pH where oils are concerned. Only materials and solutions containing water have a pH, so plant oils are neither acid nor alkaline. EDIT 06/01/2014: Plant oils do have a pH, but it’s not easily measurable using a pH strip since the strips can only measure the acidity/alkalinity of aqueous solutions. I’ll be updating with more information about this when I know of a way oil pH can easily be measured at home.

• Like 1

This list is super helpful! Thank you so much! How much should the ph be? ^^

This list is super helpful! Thank you so much! How much should the ph be? ^^

You should shoot for anything 6 or less. 5 - 5.5 is ideal. :)

• Like 2

Hmm... No one has done the Peripera Aqua Berry Foaming Cleanser. Dangit. I don't want to open mine just to toss it. :P

So what foam cleansers is everyone using? Even with the proper ph, I'm pretty sure the Hado Labo cleanser is too drying for me. I wish skincare wasn't so YMMV and more one size fits all.  

I just say no to foam cleansers. All of them. They make my skin way too dry. Even with the right PH.

I just use a neutrogena oil free acne cleanser. The PH is too low (4.5), but it works much better for me.

• Like 1

@@ChullBird I think I might look into non-foaming cleanser options. My skin definitely feels better with the Hado Labo cleanser then it used to, but I find right after I wash it feels so dry. I especially notice it during the wait time after I apply BHA because I only use BHA on certain parts of my face. 

• Like 1

@@ChullBird I think I might look into non-foaming cleanser options. My skin definitely feels better with the Hado Labo cleanser then it used to, but I find right after I wash it feels so dry. I especially notice it during the wait time after I apply BHA because I only use BHA on certain parts of my face. 

I'm really glad I'm not the only person with this problem! My face used to be so dry I couldn't even make it through the wait time.

I bit the bullet and tested the Secret Key Honey Bee AC Control Foaming Cleanser.

/cry

I bit the bullet and tested the Secret Key Honey Bee AC Control Foaming Cleanser.

/cry

oh wow - I used that all last summer with great results!!  

Hi there you can try the kojic papaya soap it's very good for make up remover as well as cleanser, specially for waterproof mascara.

post-120796-0-15412600-1433682862.jpg

What do you guys think of The Face Shop Rice Water Foaming Cleanser? I tend to look a tiny bit dehydrated but so glowy afterwards! I hope it's not too drying since it's a foaming cleanser but I heard they are big in Korea.