Birchbox Canada

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured we could have our own thread since our boxes are quite different from the US ones. How does everyone feel about the Canadian boxes so far? I'm wondering how long I should keep holding on.

I unsubscribed after seeing what I was getting this month.

I've only received three boxes so far and I've gotten TWO lip stains, and FOUR (!!!) Harvey Prince products total. They need more variety... And Harvey Prince is just not a brand I like. I don't even know what to do with the products I received.

I was also disappointed in The Balm product this month, the sample size is so tiny it's useless.

I decided to subscribe to Glossybox istead, even if it's more expensive, because I think it's a better value overall. I also prefer Ipsy over BB, so we BB & I broke up this month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am going to give them a little more time to get their ducks in order. I do wish our boxes would better approximate those of our southern neighbours :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They released a spoiler on their facebook page for the March box for Canadians. I guess they need to make a big gesture to keep subs so everyone will be getting a:

Beauty Blender

"EVERY ‪#‎BirchboxCA‬ subscriber will get a beautyblender in their March box! Know someone who hasn't subscribed yet? Tag them in the comments and tell them to join here by March 17th to get one in their first box"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.  Are you ALWAYS supposed to wet the sponges?  I got a different one (blue) in my Luxe (?) box, and I have not been wetting it before using it to blend.  Wonder if I've been using it wrong.

Have to say … I am not very happy with my impending box.  Not at all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I wonder if the person choosing products even reads the profiles we have filled out.

I found the same thing. I got another perfume and it's nice but almost the same scent as the Tocca last month. The shampoo I got last month, I rated low and they sent me another from the same brand this month! I dunno, I'm considering switching over to Topbox if April doesn't offer better variety. FEBRUARY was my first and it was awesome! I don't want to be a complainer either but I do expect to not get the same type stuff again and again and to especially not get repetitive items that I rated low the previous month.....otherwise, what's the point of reviewing?

Previews for April are up. Not a very good box for me and I'm usually not that picky about them. This might be the last month for me. 

Latest posts

Back