DoctorToaster

Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

The Beauty Protector oil actually comes out really slowly, so it's not too bad to use.  I've received the BP and another hair oil in a similar vial and thought it was pretty decent packaging for the product.

Ok...thanks for the info.  I was totally imaging an oil slick all over my hands and bathroom counter!  I do love the smell of the Beauty Protector products.

Ok now I am a little annoyed.  My box took forever to update this month.  Around March 13th.  My confirmed sample choice (I am Aces) was not listed in the online box content list.  I contacted Birchbox, they said they would send out my "It's a 10".  

I got a shipping notice on March 11th for my box.   Yesterday I got updating shipping, now I should get my box between March 18th and March 23rd!!?  Why so late, why no sample choice?  Is it because of birchbox Plus? 

I am happy they are sending me, my sample choice(just got notice on shipping for that today)!!  I have contacted Birchbox twice this month.  First because my box wouldn't update, then I complained about my sample choice missing.  I don't want to contact them again this month, I just annoyed I have to wait forever to get my box this month.  My box has taken 6 days to leave the warehouse!!

I will probably be choosing April's sample before I lay eyes on my March box. 

Yay!!! I finally received my box today!  After all my waiting, I love my box!!!

I received the contents below (no PYS of "its a 10!")! I complained and they sent it separately!

Oscar Blandi pronto dry shampoo
Macadamia hair mask
benefit watts up
Roloxin Masks
Derma e day cream

I love day shampoos and hair masks.

I am excited to try Roloxin mask.

Derma e is a little thick for me.

I need to experiment with the watts up.  I am not sure how to use it.

• Like 1

For all of you who received Dermae day cream this month and tried: 
Did you also experience a residue issue? After it dries it starts to peel and "worm" heavily, so I can't possibly use it as a day cream especially under make-up :/
It also smells a bit weird.
Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic  scrub.  

• Like 1

Ok now I am a little annoyed.  My box took forever to update this month.  Around March 13th.  My confirmed sample choice (I am Aces) was not listed in the online box content list.  I contacted Birchbox, they said they would send out my "It's a 10".  

I got a shipping notice on March 11th for my box.   Yesterday I got updating shipping, now I should get my box between March 18th and March 23rd!!?  Why so late, why no sample choice?  Is it because of birchbox Plus? 

I am happy they are sending me, my sample choice(just got notice on shipping for that today)!!  I have contacted Birchbox twice this month.  First because my box wouldn't update, then I complained about my sample choice missing.  I don't want to contact them again this month, I just annoyed I have to wait forever to get my box this month.  My box has taken 6 days to leave the warehouse!!

I will probably be choosing April's sample before I lay eyes on my March box. 

Yay!!! I finally received my box today!  After all my waiting, I love my box!!!

I received the contents below (no PYS of "its a 10!")! I complained and they sent it separately!

Oscar Blandi pronto dry shampoo

Macadamia hair mask

benefit watts up

Roloxin Masks

Derma e day cream

I love day shampoos and hair masks.

I am excited to try Roloxin mask.

Derma e is a little thick for me.

I need to experiment with the watts up.  I am not sure how to use it.

I love Watt's Up, it's one of my purse staples. Application is super easy, just swipe over your cheekbones, brow bones, nose line, cupid's bow, and chin then blend using your fingertips ;)

I like the healthy glow it adds.

Enjoy your goodies.

• Like 1

I tried the Oribe shampoo and conditioner sample today and it was really nice. I kept getting compliments on my hair all day. I'll have to add this to my wish list now. I almost wished I hadn't tried it because they are so expensive to buy.

Did you also experience a residue issue? After it dries it starts to peel and "worm" heavily, so I can't possibly use it as a day cream especially under make-up :/

Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic scrub.

Yes! Same thing happened to me. It felt very "sunscreeny" and I just don't like that. It'll be a nice sunscreen to use on my cruise this summer, but otherwise it wont be getting daily use.

• Like 2

Yes! Same thing happened to me. It felt very "sunscreeny" and I just don't like that. It'll be a nice sunscreen to use on my cruise this summer, but otherwise it wont be getting daily use.

Such a shame, I thought it would be a nice product since I liked their Glycolic  scrub.  

In just a few days of use it dried out my skin terribly. I'm putting it away. I might give another try in summer but no way do I need more dryness now.

• Like 1

In just a few days of use it dried out my skin terribly. I'm putting it away. I might give another try in summer but no way do I need more dryness now.

I switched it to night but am using a layer of pure Argan oil on top to avoid drying. I am just trying to finish it because I hate throwing stuff away :/

I've been meaning to ask -- do we still get 10 points for sharing on FB/Twitter? The link above my March products just says to share in order to get first dibs on PYS for April or something, but when I shared, I didn't get any points.

I tried it when my first box arrived and just now with my second box and I didn't receive the 10 points either time. I guess they suspended the program.

I tried it when my first box arrived and just now with my second box and I didn't receive the 10 points either time. I guess they suspended the program.

I think it's on some sort of weird 'you can only get points once every 30 days' setting for this, as it won't give me points if try to share my new box early, but it did give me points when I tried it on whim later in the month.

I thought that might be the case too earlier in the month so that's why I tried again, and waited for the second box. Maybe it's because I'm sharing it with the same people, or there is a limit. I have done it in January and February for both accounts so I can't figure out why it works for some people now and not others.

i had the same issues. i liked it the first time i used it, but then later i got the peeling issues. i thought maybe i used too much, or its not compatible with my foundation,  Ultimately, i dont care for the scent, and the texture is too tacky. Its hard to rub in, feels too much like sunscreen to me

• Like 2

First World Problem Alert:

I only just got my March box (long, boring story) and I didn't get one of the fancy, designed boxes. I got a plain brown cardboard box. It's going to be hard to keep all of my fancy schmancy boxes if I don't get them to begin with. -_-