DoctorToaster

Birchbox March 2015 (Spoilers)

For anyone that is interested- back years ago when I first subscribed to Birchbox, my very first box had a full size Laura Geller blush in it, and it was the Roseberry shade. There was one other option that was more peachy-toned I remember as my sister got that one. It was either Sunswept or Golden Apricot. There's a chance the shades will be the same, only in the deluxe sample size this time.

As for my choice this month, I decided to go with the Amika spray. I looove the scent of their products and they've always done wonders for my hair, so I'm excited to try this product!

The curated box was a really fantastic one this month, but I already have a lifetime supply of the Whish Almond body butter (it's. amazing.) and I have 3 of the laura geller blushes. The other items were so-so for me. I also really like the surprise each month. The one time I got the curated box I really liked it, but I lost a little bit of the fun that comes with waiting for my samples to pop up on the site LOL

I did choose the curated box on my mom's account though- I think it'll be perfection for her!

• Like 3

Curated for Sub 1, Sub 2 left to chance.

I think curated boxes are always better than a majority of the combinations- I've gotten lucky here and there and got amazing 10/10 boxes but more times than that I've gotten meh or alright boxes.  

• Like 1

here are all of the colors that Laura Geller has in the baked blush

• Tropic Hues: contains swirls of coral, pink and bronze
  • Pink Grapefruit: rich tones of beige, mauve and shimmering pink
  • Roseberry: soft tones of rose and a touch of gold
  • Sunswept: soft tones of pink, golden peach, and bronzy beige
  • Golden Apricot: rich tones of apricot, cream, gold and a hint of rose swirled together
  • Boysenberry: a peachy-pink matte blush that looks soft and natural
  • Pink Buttercream: the perfect petal hue swirled with copper and gold flecks

from http://www.laurageller.com/store/cheeks/products/blush-n-brighten

Damn, I stupidly assumed these would be new shades when I picked the curated box. I already have Roseberry, which is beautiful, but I don't need a second. Sub-box law says my chances are >50% that's what I'm getting  :( . Pink Grapefruit would be perfect for me. Please Birchbox love me and make up for February's fiasco.

I have very thick hair, with one section that has a strange frizz/kinky wave. (Thanks pregnancy!)

None of these hair products match my needs. I've gotten the oil before and didn't like the way my hair felt after.

I don't know if you already picked, but I use the its a 10 with keratin (I don't know if they will send that one out or just the regular its a 10) and I have similar hair- super thick, but all over wicked wavy and frizzy.  My mother thought I had gotten a professional keratin treatment because my hair has really settled down since I started using that after I wash my hair.

There should be an option to not get any of the PYS choices.  I have curly frizzy hair, not one of the PYS appeal to me in any way.

• Like 1

There should be an option to not get any of the PYS choices. I have curly frizzy hair, not one of the PYS appeal to me in any way.

There is! Just don't pick any of the choices and you will get a box based off of your profile

• Like 1

Nothing really stood out for me with the PYS and I'm not really feeling the curated box. I'm going to leave it up to chance!  It has worked out well for me in the past. I have typically been getting 2-3 of the sample choices in my box anyway. 

I went for the curated box, because I haven't tried any of those products before and I am really excited to try the blush. :wub:   I have been a BB subscriber for over two years, and I have received all three of the PYS hair products already. I'm glad they are giving us these choices now!

Damn, I stupidly assumed these would be new shades when I picked the curated box. I already have Roseberry, which is beautiful, but I don't need a second. Sub-box law says my chances are >50% that's what I'm getting  :( . Pink Grapefruit would be perfect for me. Please Birchbox love me and make up for February's fiasco.

It still could be a new color :)  I just was listing the current shades that Laura Geller offers..

• Like 1

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment.  It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks.  Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients.  The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy.  But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment. It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks. Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients. The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy. But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.

That's sooooo frustrating. I've never had bb ask me to send something back when something was wrong. Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

For anyone's that's wondered if you get to PYS with gift subscriptions, you do. I got my email yesterday for my welcome box. However by the time I realized it, everything was sold out. It's ok because I was leaning towards not choosing anyway.

That's sooooo frustrating. I've never had bb ask me to send something back when something was wrong. Let us know how it turns out.

In other news, last month I added the Home Sweet Homespun box to my regular BB shipment.  It was my first BB Plus item and my first LE box, and I was so excited to get it, particularly for the cookie mix and cute socks.  Well, my shipment came 10 days after the estimated delivery date, and when I opened my box, the cookie mix tin and two of the packet inside were open and everything in the box was dusted with cookie mix ingredients.  The other items in the box were fine--just a bit messy.  But I contacted BB to see if I could send back this cookie mix and receive a new one with sealed ingredients. But apparently I can only send back the entire box or nothing at all. Such a bummer.

One of my friends had the same thing happen. I thought it was really odd because Birchbox never did things that way. If something was damaged all you had to do was send an email and before you even got a response you already had a tracking info for the replacement item in your inbox. I wonder if people are taking advantage of their amazing customer service so maybe they're cracking down on their generosity? 

For anyone's that's wondered if you get to PYS with gift subscriptions, you do. I got my email yesterday for my welcome box. However by the time I realized it, everything was sold out. It's ok because I was leaning towards not choosing anyway.

I figured out that if you have a gift sub, you can do PYS but you cannot add on Plus items.   I hope they change it some day so that we can buy Plus items using our own credit card so that the person who gifted it does not get charged.  I left feedback the one time I kind of wanted a necklace that it would be nice. Especially since we can buy using our points in the regular shop anyways.  

Oh, and I picked the Amika spray and am excited to finally try something from that brand.  I can't wait til box cheats for March appear!

• Like 2

So what is everyone hoping for in their march boxes? I would love to try a not soap radio body wash, and an awesome face moisturizer. Does anyone have a favorite I should hope for?

• Like 1

So what is everyone hoping for in their march boxes? I would love to try a not soap radio body wash, and an awesome face moisturizer. Does anyone have a favorite I should hope for?

Hmmm... Spring cleaning! A brush cleaner... Face mask... I'd also appreciate a brown eyeliner, something for a softer makeup look.

• Like 2

I'm hoping for Davines, I love all of their products! Aaaand maybe a really great hand cream, or lip product that's not lipgloss. :)

• Like 2

I'd like one of those little Laura Gellar blushes to show up in my box.  Any kind of eye or face primer would be good as I'm near out of both.

Please no perfume this month!

• Like 4

I would like to try the maison caulieres perfumed bath oil. A travel size is in the Vanity Affair box and has gotten great reviews.  I don't want to invest in the VA box or a full size without sampling it first. 

• Like 1

I was prepared to go with the curated box this month, but when the PYS email came I decided to go with the BP oil.  I think the photo of the blush in the curated box looked too dark for me and I could use some hair oil. Plus I took the curated box last month & I did like it but I missed the surprise of not knowing what's in my BB.  

I can't wait for the box pages to load.  I love looking through them.

• Like 3

i honestly dont know what i want yet. but you bet i could pick one easy once box choices are up lol i just dont think ive been with them long enough to know everything they have. ive gotten 5 boxes i think? just not sure but def ready for sneak peeks and box choices, ive already tried the box combos (i know a little early) but tried some numbers for march anyway and nothing yet

• Like 1

I am new to Birchbox and I have what is probably a dumb question...I have seen (from reading your lovely posts! thanks! =) that the company does not do repeat samples.

My question is, say this month I did not get the Bee Kind shampoo...do they repeat products to people who have never gotten them? For instance, would I eventually end up with a sample other people got in previous months?  

Geez, I hope that makes sense!  =)