What company out there do you think has the prettiest packaging?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious to see what company do you guys think has the prettiest makeup packaging? My girlfriends are all going crazy for Tarte packaging and I myself just don't see it. I like Guerlain the best (again, packaging wise)

So hard to say the top because I like most makeup packaging  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> But if I had to pick I really like Guerlain and Dior.

I like the packaging of chanel and guerlain it gives you a feeling of luxury But benefit is also nice.benefit has always cool packaging and too faced their packaging is cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I for the most part do like tarte packaging, I like their purple theme.  I just got the most recent TSV from QVC and the mosaic theme is pretty cute.

For lipstick I love the MAC bullets - very sleek and classic.  Urban Decay also has nice packaging on their lipsticks now, the silver is timeless and has a nice weight to it.  Their old ones sucked though with the stupid little swords on the bottom.  One broke off my favorite color and now it's basically unusable because if I put the cap on I need a knife to get it back off which is dangerous.  Packaging shouldn't interfere with product usage, especially when you're paying $15+ for a lipstick.

Lancome also has simple but nice packaging, nothing too flashy or childish, just basic and elegant.

urban decay & too faced always catch my eyes. i love their fun colors. 

benefit is pretty fun too, although i don't own anything from them.

I really like Guerlain's lipsticks with the mirror. I've always wanted to get one but I don't have access to a counter by me so I could pick out a good shade I'd use all the time.

Anyone have any rec's? My favorite lipstick of all time is Chanel's Boy. Something in that range of colors would be amazing.

Anyway, I like the cutesy packaging of Tony Moly. I also like some of Too Faced packaging. In the drugstore I've always thought Loreal has nice packaging.

Code:
I can't think of any, but I HATE the cutesy Korean packaging. I'm a grown woman and I don't need my makeup to look like it's made for a 5 year old Disney princess.

I've always loved Soap and Glory packaging. The pink and white and retro photos are fun to me.

In terms of packaging looks...

Prettiest - Benefit, Guerlain, Illamasqua

Classic - Chanel, Tom Ford, Giorgio Armani

Cheap - MAC seasonal collections, Estee Lauder, drug store brands, in-house brands like Sephora, MLM brands like Avon, SeneGence, Mary Kay

Simple / Practical - MAC, Kryolan, Bobbi Brown, Eve Pearl, PPI, OCC, Cinema Secrets, RCMA, Visiora

Outdated - Ben Nye, Mehron, Joe Blasco, W.M Creations, Michael Davy, Clinique, Temptu

Mind you, all these cases and packaging from all these brands, comes from a factory in China.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back