Finishing powders?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a finishing powder for my grad banquet/ ceremony.  I have very oil skin and for a day-to-day basis I use Makeup Forever HD Finishing Powder.  It's very effective for oil control but it's white and in certain lights can cause a "Casper" (white-out, no facial definition) effect in photos. On the other hand, any tinted powders that I've tried have tended to give me an orange/ oompa loompa look.  I want to get some good photos at my grad, for obvious reasons, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a powder that is effective for very oily skin but which has some colour so it looks good in photos? My skin is fair (usually ivory/ 01 for foundation) with pink undertones.  Many thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
My skin is oily and I use the rimmel stay matte pressed powder in transparent. It is FANTASTIC at getting rid of my oil. I can't say for certain how it looks in photos, but since it is transparent it probably don't add any. It's worth trying for a couple dollars. It's my HG finishing power :wub:

I used to use Laura Mercier invisible loose setting powder and it's great. Very natural looking. Not sure how it would look in photos though. I also really like YSL matt and radiant pressed powder. It's the first pressed powder I've used to the point where a pan is showing. It's pricey though.

If you want something with a bit of color I suggest Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Naturally Neutral.  I'm also very fair and I have the colorless and neutral version of this powder.  The Naturally Neutral has just enough color/coverage that you don't look ghostly white and it controls oil and shine well without looking cakey.  I got mine at CVS for like $5, so it's cheap too but works!

Latest posts

Back