Sign in to follow this  
kaybeee

Foundations for combination skin?

I have combination skin that normally gets pretty dry in the winter time. In the summer, it's not so bad, but I still apply face lotion. I'm looking for a foundation that has buildable coverage. I would prefer a liquid foundation or something like mousse (I currently have the Maybelline matte mousse foundation) and I would also like for it to not make my skin look orange against a white shirt or dress. I'm not super tan or super pale. I'm very in between, but I am also half Asian so I do have the yellow undertones. What suggestions do you have?

I would prefer something not so expensive, but then again I've never tried anything high-end so those suggestions are welcome too. :)

Hi Kaybee,

I like that nick name by the way. To your comment have you ever thought of trying Mary Kay? They're really great for specific skin types combination, oil, normail, dry, and they have lots of great shades for any skin type colour. You know just by approaching someone as a Mary Kay consultant they can specifically address your needs and concerns about makeup and skin care. Skin looks flawless as usually. Let me know if this suggestion helps :)

Angela 

Hi Kaybee! Welcome to MUT! Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown both have high range of shades to help with finding the correct shade and they have great foundations. MAC is great too. From really high end, Guerlain and Dior are really good.

I have very pale skin with pink undertones and have also had issues finding a liquid makeup to match my skin tone. I typically use mineral makeup, but when I do use liquid I use Clinique's Even better makeup SPF15. They have a lot of shades, and they have light shades with pink, neutral and with yellow undertones, so maybe you can find a match to your skin tone. I've also used Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin and had good luck with matching a shade, although they don't have as many as Clinique. 

Good luck, hope you find the perfect liquid makeup!

• Like 1